Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels like the weekend today. So LFG to $2600!! 🤣
1718256722589.gif

Sorry if this has already been covered, but those lawyers in opposition to the comp package still get paid now that it’s been reapproved? I know the pay amount is in dispute. But winning that case and getting paid is irrelevant from this vote, right?
Correct, however now it's pretty easy to argue that the original lawsuit was BS during the appeal since Tesla left the original comp package unalteted for this reason. Tesla/shareholders can also sue for any damages this drama has caused, which again, easy to argue the amount of marketcap damages incurred.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but those lawyers in opposition to the comp package still get paid now that it’s been reapproved? I know the pay amount is in dispute. But winning that case and getting paid is irrelevant from this vote, right?

Musk getting 56 billion, ok, I have zero cognitive dissonance with that. However lawyers getting 6 billion to argue a case? For what? Seriously can someone explain how they could ask for so much compensation. Your average American would have to work one hundred thousand years to make that! (even if team of 100, that is 1000 years of work, for the average joe).

Musk getting 56 billion, ok, I have zero cognitive dissonance with that. However lawyers getting 6 billion to argue a case? For what? Seriously can someone explain how they could ask for so much compensation. Your average American would have to work one hundred thousand years to make that! (even if team of 100, that is 1000 years of work, for the average joe).
They asked for 10% of the compensation saved to shareholders...however now 10% of 0 is 0. Something else that can be argued. This landslide will F-ed over them pretty hard and I'm very happy at the magnitude of the votes who were for, even more so than the first time even without Kimble and Musk.

They asked for 10% of the compensation saved to shareholders...however now 10% of 0 is 0. Something else that can be argued. This landslide will F-ed over them pretty hard and I'm very happy at the magnitude of the votes who were for, even more so than the first time even without Kimble and Musk.

The Musk men didn't vote on this package in 2018, either. BUT, this is very happiness-making, even if there is still a whole appeals process to slog through...

Happy Thursday!

I agree that the share of the RT fleet that are private owners will be quite small.

Or it could be the same as it was with other services that started life as "rent X while you're not using it" and then migrated into people going into business using the concept: buying multiple apartments solely to rent them out via AirBnB or small car fleets dedicated to Turo.

Yeah agreed on that end, I’ve always considered that a reality-based risk to the concept.

My own opinion is that vehicles manufactured to date lack the hardware necessary to mitigate sufficient risk to take liability and function as autonomous robotaxis so they’ll always be limited to (Supervised), but time will tell.
But that would mean they won't be able to launch anything for quite a while, as I doubt they're anywhere close with a design that incorporates LIDAR or extra sensors. I don't disagree with the premise that existing cars won't be able to do RT btw.

• Disagree
Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
Tesla raising prices, that's bad.
1718264022382.png

Note that all the people who were saying how bad it was that Tesla were raising prices now are totally silent. Imo sign of low rung people, they will argue asymmetrically. It's bad when outgroup x does it, but okay we ingroup y does it. It's bad when x happens to the company I don't like, but neutral when opposite of x happens.

New installations of battery storage in Europe increased by 93% in 2023 over 2022, 70% of that installed capacity was residential though. Lots of people who are getting solar in their homes are getting a battery, too, but I thought the commercial/utility projects would be so much bigger that they´d still have the bigger share. Lots of room to grow there it seems!

Pre-market is happy with Elon's compensation plan & Tesla exodus from Delaware (+6.9%):

View attachment 1056171

I'd say his commitment on Twitter to make TSLA the most valuable company on earth is more significant to us shareholders, perhaps as a consequence of this vote. And so many votes cast on the last day - what's up with that??

My guess on the significant amount of votes cast within the last few days are the brokerages that are providing their customers with the option to vote but are not using proxyvote - particularly those with a manual process for submitting the votes.

It would make sense that they would tally up all votes for all shareholders in order to submit their customers' votes all at once if they currently have no electronic voting process.

Last edited: