Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted my HL shares thanks to Alexandra Merz publicising a method someone else created. It was painful. A UK lawyer worked through the weekend helping, I just scraped in.

Other brokers changed their rules. Perhaps we should look into referring each other to new brokers!
She really deserves a lot of credit. It's so refreshing to see someone actually doing something, among all the armchair quarterbacks on social media.

I don't understand what the value is of being the World's Richest Person. Is it just ego gratification for some?

Edit: Musk has said he doesn't care about it, so why is it important to so many others?
because it can be used as a stick to beat him with, by starting every sentence with "billionaire Musk"

I think HL have been very surprised at the response from all the Tesla holders. It has really shown what a poor platform they offer. They have gone from “we don’t plan to offering any voting facility for US shares “ to “ we are setting up a voting platform for the future “. I use Freetrade as an alternative for part of my portfolio and they made voting very easy. I will now move my remaining holdings away from HL.
From what I heard from my friends around who have Tesla shares with various brokers, Fidelity was the easiest of all. They actively communicated by email many times with a link that directly takes you to the voting page. The whole thing for me took just 5 minutes to complete across three accounts.

A surprisingly large number. On the Big Island ,they are given phones and service free. Also not all homeless are unemployed. I personally have known family’s that are homeless and both parents have jobs.

Because my UK stockbroker is such an awful customer-hating bunch of goons, I never got to vote my shares, but am very glad it was a victory anyway.
Definitely looking for a new broker now.
Also excited for the meeting today. Anybody know what time it would be in the UK?
i find that ibkr is the best out of all in this. I just go to their website. Login and check corporate actions and click.

Didn't even need to go to proxyvote.com and enter numbers.

Correct, however now it's pretty easy to argue that the original lawsuit was BS during the appeal since Tesla left the original comp package unalteted for this reason. Tesla/shareholders can also sue for any damages this drama has caused, which again, easy to argue the amount of marketcap damages incurred.
This comp plan will get overturned just like the last. Elon still negotiated with himself. The Board didn’t act as a fiduciary on behalf of shareholders during the “negotiation”

From what I heard from my friends around who have Tesla shares with various brokers, Fidelity was the easiest of all. They actively communicated by email many times with a link that directly takes you to the voting page. The whole thing for me took just 5 minutes to complete across three accounts.
I can say directly that your friends were spot on. Easily voted my shares with Fidelity.

Reactions: 1101011 and wtlloyd
So did TDA. Too bad it no longer exists (FYI, I didn't get moved until after I voted).

Reactions: kelly and elasalle
Musk getting 56 billion, ok, I have zero cognitive dissonance with that. However lawyers getting 6 billion to argue a case? For what? Seriously can someone explain how they could ask for so much compensation. Your average American would have to work one hundred thousand years to make that! (even if team of 100, that is 1000 years of work, for the average joe).
The $5.6B is about the same hourly rate that 'approved installers' of Powershare are asking Cybertruck customers to pay.

Not so fast... apparently the payout for lawyers for the trial that already completed and ended in a victory to plaintiffs, where they claim that shareholders already won $53B settlement and hence they want their pound of flesh from that big settlement.

This new vote is a different matter all together. Now a two bit shareholder with two shares will sue again, and a sympathetic liberal left wing anti-Musk partisan hack...err.. judge will deliver another victory to poor shareholders who got cheated with Musk payout, with another $53B windfall and the lawyers can get another $6B.

And so the justice goes in America. We saw this in Trump trial.
This is no comparison to Trump trial. Trump broke the law, and the law actually held a billionaire accountable for breaking the law for once.

This comp plan will get overturned just like the last. Elon still negotiated with himself. The Board didn’t act as a fiduciary on behalf of shareholders during the “negotiation”
As excessive as this comp plan was (1,000x bigger than any other CEO plan), I don't see how a court can do anything but dismiss the case. To be fair, the case should have never gone to trial and should have required the 9 share plaintiff to enlist a majority of shareholders to proceed. And I believe Elon's behavior since he achieved the plan has been absolutely destructive to shareholders.