Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any reason Kathaleen couldn't find the circumstances of this vote to be materially the same as in 2018?
According to Gary Black: "Tesla provided full disclosure in the 2024 proxy including the actual Tornetta vs Musk decision. TSLA took her decision and followed her instructions to the letter on what needed to be disclosed this time around". I hope Gary's right and we can get this cluster behind us.

As excessive as this comp plan was (1,000x bigger than any other CEO plan), I don't see how a court can do anything but dismiss the case. To be fair, the case should have never gone to trial and should have required the 9 share plaintiff to enlist a majority of shareholders to proceed. And I believe Elon's behavior since he achieved the plan has been absolutely destructive to shareholders.
I do agree it has been destructive, but a deal is a deal.

To be able to destroy this much value, you need to create the value first. And it is still net positive.

PPL know I am vocally against his twitter stuff and I hope we took a seperate shareholder vote to ask elon to stop posting on twitter.

Maybe I should start a class action for the 40% loss in value for all shareholders and get my billions. I'd vote yes on that and I'd have more legitimacy than that 8 share nutjob.

But it's a seperate issue vs the compensation.

What assertions weren’t incorrect is the easier question.

Basically all his tweets seemed to be generated from a pre-conceived notion that Apple is relying on OpenAi for its AI features, when in reality almost nothing was (he obviously didn’t watch the keynote).

If you want more detail, here:

View attachment 1055616

Why is this wrong? Because Apple spent 40mins explaining all the features it was introducing that run on their own internally developed AI models, and which run on their own hardware, also designed by Apple. So right off the bat Elon stating “…Apple isn’t smart to make their own AI” is a blatantly incorrect statement. What’s more, the only time there is any “hand your data” moments is when a user is asked specifically if they would like to use ChatGPT to perform a query, at which point ChatGPT only gets that specific query in an anonymous manner, with no other data whatsoever.

Here is Elon getting “community noted” on it again in another post:

View attachment 1055636

Elon eventually half acknowledges in a later reply to another post that he has it wrong, as you can see here where the original poster is explaining that ChatGPT is sandboxed into just the query with no other access (just like if you use the ChatGPT app), and so Elon complains ChatGPT access should have remained just as an app. (Which one could perhaps imply leads to what his actual beef is: that Apple is directing its users to ChatGPT, instead of letting other LLM chatbot companies compete at an app vs app level)

View attachment 1055641

While I'm sure Apple's presentation emphasized some aspects, there's indeed some question as to whether Apple wholly devloped this themselves, and to what degree interfaces and/or code developed by other's is bing embedded at the OS level:

And as for trusting them to ensure the total security/isolation, this is the same company that has used your device to build maps of your wifi footprint to import in to a very detailed database for their purposes... and that's just the latest from them... so their promises of "don't worry, your privacy is safe with us" is rightly, questioned..

I voted my HL shares thanks to Alexandra Merz publicising a method someone else created. It was painful. A UK lawyer worked through the weekend helping, I just scraped in.

Other brokers changed their rules. Perhaps we should look into referring each other to new brokers!
Not all heroes wear capes...thanks for your dedication!

I do agree it has been destructive, but a deal is a deal.

To be able to destroy this much value, you need to create the value first. And it is still net positive.

PPL know I am vocally against his twitter stuff and I hope we took a seperate shareholder vote to ask elon to stop posting on twitter.

Maybe I should start a class action for the 40% loss in value for all shareholders and get my billions. I'd vote yes on that and I'd have more legitimacy than that 8 share nutjob.

But it's a seperate issue vs the compensation.
Come on now, let's not exaggerate to make a point. The nutjob owned 9 shares.

Is anyone else excited for the shareholder meeting this afternoon? After the voting results I sure am. Hopefully they reveal some info we don't already know!
My wife received an invitation, so I'm here as well. Check this out!

20240613_131418.jpg

It’s odd to me that so many people want Elon to leave or doesn’t think his contract should be honored but yet I honestly don’t know of any other companies that are as exciting as Tesla for auto, SpaceX for space, Neuralink for brain implants, etc. Can so many not see the common denominator here? He is the hammer that gets stuff done.

Look, if you don’t like Elon and hate his politics or whatever, fine. Sell your shares and move on to some other company. (Wish you would have done it before the vote.). But it really ticks me off when the shmucks want to stick around and ruin these companies out of some stupid vendetta. Makes them as bad as people like Chanos. And I spit on Chanos.
Blood is thicker than water, money is thicker than blood, and politics is thickest of them all. Remember that.

Wow...

Depends on what class of society you are viewing it from. A 1/4 Trillion sounds excessive to many. Not to me considering how many Trillions are being managed with short-sighted greedy minds by so few people in Banking, Medicine, Insurance, Aviation, Oil, Real Estate, and many more I'm certain.

(Fun Fact I learned just yesterday - Half of US wealth sits with the Baby Boomers at about 75T.)
COVID was the largest transfer of wealth from Gen Z and Millenials to Boomers, thanks to asset inflation. I feel sorry for anyone under 35 trying to buy a first home or have children. Unfortunately, the endless enrichment of the more fortunate is having a detrimental effect on the future of our country. I am grateful to have the means I have "earned" (I'm not so sure investing is actually earning in the sense of deserving it TBH) but I don't like how it is effecting less fortunate than I. We need others to feel like they are successful in order to maintain society.