Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New installations of battery storage in Europe increased by 93% in 2023 over 2022, 70% of that installed capacity was residential though. Lots of people who are getting solar in their homes are getting a battery, too, but I thought the commercial/utility projects would be so much bigger that they´d still have the bigger share. Lots of room to grow there it seems!

Even my many deluded Volkswagen fan boi friends have Tesla power walls ! :cool:

Because my UK stockbroker is such an awful customer-hating bunch of goons, I never got to vote my shares, but am very glad it was a victory anyway.
Definitely looking for a new broker now.
Also excited for the meeting today. Anybody know what time it would be in the UK?
Same here H&L so couldn't vote, but would have voted Yes to both. Those who voted no should sell their shares, they don't deserve to make any money for being oath breakers.

Tesla raising prices, that's bad.
View attachment 1056169

Note that all the people who were saying how bad it was that Tesla were raising prices now are totally silent. Imo sign of low rung people, they will argue asymmetrically. It's bad when outgroup x does it, but okay we ingroup y does it. It's bad when x happens to the company I don't like, but neutral when opposite of x happens.
Somebody may have to change their name to Bright and Sunny.

Not sure how many homeless have active credit cards, smart phones, etc. but they are required for RT of any kind.
A surprisingly large number. On the Big Island ,they are given phones and service free. Also not all homeless are unemployed. I personally have known family’s that are homeless and both parents have jobs.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but those lawyers in opposition to the comp package still get paid now that it’s been reapproved? I know the pay amount is in dispute. But winning that case and getting paid is irrelevant from this vote, right?

I just feel bad for the lawyers who aren't going to get their 6 billion dollars. 😪

My understanding is the original judgement will still stand and the ruling will not change. The lawyers will still be asking for their compensation but hopefully much reduced. Likely outcome is a huge payment for their time/hours. Millions, but not billions. Tesla can appeal to reverse the ruling and the main purpose would be to reduce the lawyers award. Since there is already a second vote allowing the compensation an appeal would not really accomplish anything for Elon's actual compensation.

Also, helpful to understand its really 2 separate votes. The most recent vote will stand on its own and allow Elon to be paid and does not have a direct effect on the first vote/case from a legal perspective. Someone could bring another lawsuit on the most recent vote but the move to Texas helps minimize this risk.

I will add I am not a legal expert but got most of this from a good interview from Farzad with a lawyer familiar with business law. Looked for the video but could not find quickly. Will post later if I can find.

I'm very skeptical about Robotaxis and don't assign much value to it. As someone else mentioned earlier, I just don't see a lot of people wanting random people using their car.

What I do assign a lot of value to is if FSD can legally drive people w/o the driver being attentive. I think most people will still want their own cars, but would pay a monthly fee for a virtual chauffeur. If my own car can drive me after a night out with friends, or drive itself home after going to airport, then there's no need to take an Uber and is a lot more convenient.

I think another big driver for Tesla growth is energy. I could see energy alone being worth $1T in 5 years.

I'm very skeptical about Optimus too. I don't see the value in Optimus over a specially built robot that is optimized for a particular task. Maybe in 10-20 years Optimus could perform some tasks as well as humans, but now it is like a baby and shows promise, but has a lot more growing up to do.
Agreed. Optimus is an unknown at this point and I do t think there is a clear path to a market yet.

Energy storage is and will continue to be a winner.

FSD is still years away. The needle continues to move forward but in small increments. I won’t say it’s a decade away anymore but at least 5 years to a level 4 system.

Jmho.

Because my UK stockbroker is such an awful customer-hating bunch of goons, I never got to vote my shares, but am very glad it was a victory anyway.
Definitely looking for a new broker now.
Also excited for the meeting today. Anybody know what time it would be in the UK?
HI . I use IG as my brokers they automatically send me a link to all votes on all my holdings. So would recemend them as a home for your Tesla shares.

circa 2039

Grandkid 1: grandpa, how did we get so rich
grandkid 2: don't you know grandpa was an early investor in Tesla
GK1: (*******) legend, legend
GK1: but grandpa , did you like Elon, did you VOTE for him ? ;)
Yes kiddos , per my conscience I voted 100% YES

now let me get some sleep, next time we will talk about RT day ;)

Last edited:

No company lasts forever, eventually they all falter and die, but there will be new startups rise up and taking their place, it's the cycle of life, Tesla is no exception.
Factually there is substantial evidence to the contrary.
Even in fairly high tehnologyareas there is Nokia, no longer making cellular telephones, for which they were once dominant but still healthy as they've been since 1865, with multiple reinventions along the way.

Then there is Kongō Gumi, founding in 578 and still going as a construction company.

Those are exceptions to the general cases, of course. So is Tesla, operating by no known rules prior to 2008. Will they last a millennium with their culture of constant innovation sustaining them? Maybe.

Anyway assuming that the general rule applies to Tesla is erroneous. One can predict disaster for Tesla but not because such is inevitable. It is not! Exceptions do exist and Tesla is nothing if not exceptional.

Last edited:
New daya out. Short interest again decreased slightly since April 30.
Screenshot_20240613_092004_Chrome.jpg

Correct, however now it's pretty easy to argue that the original lawsuit was BS during the appeal since Tesla left the original comp package unalteted for this reason. Tesla/shareholders can also sue for any damages this drama has caused, which again, easy to argue the amount of marketcap damages incurred.
Is there any reason Kathaleen couldn't find the circumstances of this vote to be materially the same as in 2018?

• Informative
Reactions: ShareLofty
Musk getting 56 billion, ok, I have zero cognitive dissonance with that. However lawyers getting 6 billion to argue a case? For what? Seriously can someone explain how they could ask for so much compensation. Your average American would have to work one hundred thousand years to make that! (even if team of 100, that is 1000 years of work, for the average joe).
It's a combination of a flawed system that leaves open the door for predatory attorneys, and a judge who hates Elon and has an allegiance to others who hate Elon.

Pre-market is happy with Elon's compensation plan & Tesla exodus from Delaware (+6.9%):

View attachment 1056171

I'd say his commitment on Twitter to make TSLA the most valuable company on earth is more significant to us shareholders, perhaps as a consequence of this vote. And so many votes cast on the last day - what's up with that??
That's nice, but even if unstated, I think we already had that. I think the move to Texas is the most significant because it provides a buffer against targeted law suits. It will, hopefully, prevent frivolous law suits from being slam dunk wins. By the way, does anyone know if the recent reported Insider Trading law suit is real or is it fake news?