Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a left over artifact from back when it was still a startup. You need to drum up hype so you can raise more capital. Except now TSLA is evaluated as a mature company so this tactic doesn't work as well. Now that this quarter is so *sugar*, they might as well break the cycle and drop the act.

Tesla made the strategic mistake of turning in two profitable quarters in a row.

Now they are judged by P/E multiples instead of the story. :D:p;)

BTW, this is a UK guy, so lots of "noise" in this video.

Good call.
By the time I almost got over being irritated at having to concentrate to understand through the reverb...
I got ticked off about having to look at his face and turned it off.

Didn't mean to call you out as a short (and, to quibble, don't think I did quite ;)),

As for VW, I distrust their intentions, disbelieve their numbers, doubt their rectitude, and dismiss their ability to deliver innovation.

NP
Copy that on VW. I despise VW. Agree with everything you said, and then some.

Cited as an example of the lengths companies are going to be behind Tesla, sometime later.
Thought it was going to be Ford until the tRivial deal
Still could happen, of course.

FCA meh.

Panasonic and Toyota, Dark horse.

Darker horse?
Chinese company, or fellow with
billions and pull
Might be the best defense against
inevitably stolen IP

Enforced by the whoever it is that decides
things there with access to bombs guns
and firing squads, etc.
"Just say No".
That would go also go a long way towards solving some trade issues
Would be quite a shift. A needed one.
And it would probably make him a hero.
To those who don't already think of him that way.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-25_21-57-46.png
    upload_2019-4-25_21-57-46.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 41
I thought it looked great. Aggressive and slick.

Much better than any other SUV in its class

Just about every SUV in its class looks more aggressive.

If by slick you mean slippery then yes Model Y is slick.

If only going on looks I would rather have a Jeep or BMW X3.

Model Y is going to sell on TCO, storage, Autopilot/FSD, and extreme utility in general.

The big risk in becoming an insurer (ignoring the significant capital that must be tied up in meeting liquid reserve mandates by each jurisdiction's regulatory regime) is the existential corporate exposure for satisfying bodily injury/wrongful death/ punitive damage awards. (which Tesla currently "self-insures."

Elon is a great risk taker/disruptor but it doesn't seem anyone internal to Tesla including him, his General Counsel nor the BoD appreciates the implications of embarking on this path

That is why you create a separate legal entity for the Insurance Co shielding Tesla Inc.

Elon may not be perfect but he is not a complete Moron.

That is why you create a separate legal entity for the Insurance Co shielding Tesla Inc.

Elon may not be perfect but he is not a complete Moron.

How is this separate legal entity capitalized? Is it separately owned or a Tesla subsidiary (which allows the corporate liability veil to be pierced depending on circumstances)? In how many states will this entity be an admitted carrier?

I am quite disinterested (or frankly incompetent) in visual design and other superficial topics, but I can't help notice that certain automotive designs have withstood time quite well. The original VW Beetle was introduced in the late 1930'ies and over a half dozen decades its design underwent only relatively minor changes. The design of the eponymous car of Ferdinand Porsche has also withstood time quite well, I would say.

Cars whose design last decades are radically different when new and become iconic over time.

Model S is not such a design.

It borrows heavily from Maserati, Aston Martin and Jaguar.

That is why so many people loved at first sight.

It was reassuringly familiar. As a high end sedan.

It wasn't a wierdmobile.

Wealthy people could envision themselves quite easily owning such a car as their primary vehicle.

Tesla's bladerunner like pickup could become such an iconic design.

Or a dumpster fire of a failure. That is the risk of going for Iconic.

Kinda like the Nissan LEAF. Nissan has caved and agreed 2011 LEAF design is a failure.

Is comparing to the NUMMI plant a fair comparison? Isn’t Tesla making more of their own parts (seats, motors, etc) compared to the other manufacturers just putting parts together?

True. It's also not useful to compare cars per employee considering the value of the cars Tesla makes average around 4 times higher per vehicle. Productivity is typically measured in dollars/employee, not units per employee. That's a favorite tactic of the short sellers who spend their lives trying to make America's newest automaker look bad. The NUMMI plant churned out millions of econoboxes.

But then he listens to his followers, joe nobody on twitter. It's very weird. I have seen his position swayed by good counter arguments on twitter. So not sure how king of the hill he is. Yes I did feel a little cringy as well when he just interrupted the presenter like that.
Indeed, back when you could email him directly he listened to my plea and changed a small corporate policy benefitting buyers.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and jerry33

someone has to be selling big. Right?!! Good for those who sold.

My masochist self will keep me invested in Tesla as it bleeds down.

More like shorting big, right? And possible naked shorting. Yesterday's NASDAQ correction for volume was over 1 M shares.

On Wed April 24, 2019 at end-of-day (8:00 pm) NASDAQ reported volume for TSLA was 10,727,454 shares traded.

Today, after correction, NASDAQ reports Apr 24, 2019 volume as 9,657,061 shares.

That's a decrease in reported volume of 1,070,393 shars after today's correction (further corrections are allowed for one more day until trades finalize).

So what happened that so many trades did not go through? That's over 10% of the entire day's volume. Is this naked short selling by market makers? Will it appear on the Failure to Deliver report in mid-May?

Market makers have 13 trading days to cover their naked shorts before being legally required to report them. All kinds of mischief can be covered in those 3 weeks.

Not impressed with the SEC. Difficult to say I respect them. "Do you jobs".

Regards.

Last edited:
Andrew Left is no longer long $TSLA

Hmmm, smart Lad it seems.
So, let me summarize his TSLA activity so far:
1. Entered Short position somewhere in the 2 digit $ price
2. Covered and went Long somewhere above $300
3. Now sold around $250

Almost able to grok the strategy, let me make a prediction:
I guess, he is now waiting for the stock to go a bit lower before he Shorts again, then he will cover at next ATH...

Last edited: