Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just about every SUV in its class looks more aggressive.

If by slick you mean slippery then yes Model Y is slick.

If only going on looks I would rather have a Jeep or BMW X3.

Model Y is going to sell on TCO, storage, Autopilot/FSD, and extreme utility in general.

To each their own

Attachments

• 90DCDF24-D386-464C-9A4C-78180A7B2516.jpeg
    90DCDF24-D386-464C-9A4C-78180A7B2516.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Funny
Reactions: capster and JRP3
More like shorting big, right? And possible naked shorting. Yesterday's NASDAQ correction for volume was over 1.1 M shares.

On Wed April 24, 2019 at end-of-day (8:00 pm) NASDAQ reported volume for TSLA was 10,727,454 shares traded.

Today, after correction, NASDAQ reports Apr 24, 2019 volume as 9,657,061 shares.

That's a decrease in reported volume of 1,070,393 shars after today's correction (further corrections are allowed for one more day until trades finalize).

So what happened that so many trades did not go through? That's over 10% of the entire day's volume. Is this naked short selling by market makers? Will it appear on the Failure to Deliver report in mid-May?

Market makers have 13 trading days to cover their naked shorts before being legally required to report them. All kinds of mischief can be covered in those 3 weeks.

Not impressed with the SEC. Difficult to say I respect them. "Do you jobs".

Regards.
So what are you saying? I thought naked short selling is banned. What happened to 1million shares? Are those trade still unsettled ? If so I thought it is max 3 days to settle them. Care to elaborate .. ELI5?
Nevermind, I googled. Seems there are many ways to naked short sell. (I guess at some point they will have to covered it?)

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
I'm imputing the model 3 might have had ASP of about 54k$ and gross cost of about 43k$ in Q1. It looks to me like that has to descend fairly rapidly. Anyone want to guess the Q2-Q4 progression on ASP and cost?
I believe in the earning call Zach mentioned average asp is near $50k, which was surprising because they were trying to push SR+ to achieve higher volume, but LR turns out popular.

Compares it to a Hyundai Kona, doesn’t mention fast charging.

Says Autopilot and other lane keep assist are basically the same.

Prefers low regen setting...

I’m not saying he’s dump, but geez non EV owners just don’t understand what’s important. And he really has no idea comparing Autopilot to Hyundai or BMWs lane keep assist.

Alex's previous car was a Kia Soul EV.

Now, he owns that Tesla Model 3......

• Informative
Reactions: PhaseWhite
My guess is the Chinese government wants Tesla to buy the cells from Chinese suppliers.

Given that Elon has said GF 3 will have several cell suppliers including Panasonic it probably means Elon has agreed to give Chinese suppliers X % of the business and gives Panasonic a shot at X % of the business. Or possibly a Korean company if Panasonic and Tesla can't come to terms.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I think the most likely reason for decline in deposits is that Tesla has, through incompetence and chaos, proven to customers that placing a deposit doesn't get you a damn thing, not even priority in line.
This was a very serious mistake.

It was an entirely foreseeable, un-forced error that was roundly dismissed as FUD if anyone dared to suggest that a detailed, written explanation was needed for how the reservations would be prioritized in the context of the tax credit phase-down and loyal customers in international markets.

A note of caution when trusting Elon on anything related to FSD. Full FSD Robotaxi is minimum 3-4 years away. they can probably bridge the gap a little by requiring a licensed not drunk driver to watch AP, but full "go to sleep" FSD is years away.
8m48mO8.png

At a certain point it goes from cute Elon Time to just overly confident/hubristic which hurts the business (see the decision to not raise capital when stock was 350+)

A note of caution when trusting Elon on anything related to FSD. Full FSD Robotaxi is minimum 3-4 years away. they can probably bridge the gap a little by requiring a licensed not drunk driver to watch AP, but full "go to sleep" FSD is years away.
8m48mO8.png

At a certain point it goes from cute Elon Time to just overly confident/hubristic which hurts the business (see the decision to not raise capital when stock was 350+)
Even the most optimistic person assumed that 2020 is 2022-23 for anything likely. But the market and pundits are disregarding that possibility to zero. That is the debate, not the timing.

And while we were discussing, I just got no confirmation NOA and other updates 12.1. So excited to try this.

Last edited:
ya just not in a good mood. TA wise the delay means down channel continues and the positives from a resolution of such a thing diminishes overtime as it fades from the news.
It just asserts further how unreasonable (and selfish) Musk is.
What does it (truly) cost him to yield "yeah, I'll have every tweet Tesla related reviewed"?
We're all prisoners of his ego.

But then, I knew that, so I don't really have right to complain.

IMHO, the only thing that will matter to the SP (I.e. something that Wall St cannot refute) until EOY (*) is cash balance and delivery #s... the rest is just noise to WS

Is Adam Jonas reading this thread? :cool: .. After the ER CC, have people on the other side of the Chinese wall stopped shouting, Jonesy?

as Jonas said “concerns over demand and liquidity” will weigh on the stock.

Tesla needs $2.5 billion in fresh capital, says a top analyst, and it's causing the stock to drop

How is this separate legal entity capitalized? Is it separately owned or a Tesla subsidiary (which allows the corporate liability veil to be pierced depending on circumstances)? In how many states will this entity be an admitted carrier?

I am not secretly Elon Musk so I can't give you specifics on how Tesla will actually proceed.

I would raise cash and buy a small carrier already selling in California and Tesla's other major US markets.

Someone upthread cited a source that Tesla would partner with an existing insurance company.

I guess we will find out within a month.

8m48mO8.png

you are late, as several people including me have discussed in length, almost nobody, not even bulls as us believe Elon w.r.t. that.
on the other hand there are lots of money to be make from FSD before robotaxi is feasible.

Reactions: neroden and Pras