Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the chances we'll test 310 today ? Now at 314.

I'm guessing shorts want to keep it above 10% fall - but that may happen anyway.

I was so close to selling my March options & some trading shares yesterday when SP was $350. My limits just missed by cents.

Argh, well, this is maddening. IB is complaining about "insufficient settled cash" for even the most trivial options buy, yet they show me with the money under the "Settled cash" section in my account, and also show the cash under "buying power" :Þ
It usually takes 2-3 (trading? bank?) days until I can use the freshly converted dollars (from Euro) at IB. Might be different for your krona, but I guess not more than 3 days. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to find out when exactly the cash is settled.

It usually takes 2-3 (trading? bank?) days until I can use the freshly converted dollars at IB. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to find out when exactly the cash is settled.

It's just maddening that they list it as settled cash, when it isn't. Well, at least I sold at $327,11 :) (really surprised that that went through!) I should still turn a nice profit on that transaction unless the stock really recovers fast.

Wow. tsla @ 314.55 -33.78

My takeaway for the drastic price drop

Musk also warned employees Q4 profit would not equal that for Q3. "In Q4, preliminary, unaudited results indicate that we again made a GAAP profit, but less than Q3. This quarter, as with Q3, shipment of higher-priced Model 3 variants (this time to Europe and Asia ) will hopefully allow us, with great difficulty, effort and some luck, to target a tiny profit," Musk said.

With all the quality, service and delivery issues the last thing they need is to cut the workforce. They need quality people on staff not low paid kids out of high school.

For all its empathy, this round of lay-offs is exactly that:

Increase profitability by culling the least productive part of the work force.

In spite of all the (alleged) real life wrongdoings of Kevin Spacey I will still give this example of how lay-offs are (normally) seen by Wall Street as a sure road to increased effectiviness:

Buy the dip.

Ayup.

It's very tempting to play the volatility now, but I'd been 50/50 successful with it in the past. So a note to self: HOLD.

Yeah, even though this probably wasn't the wisest, I couldn't resist.

upload_2019-1-18_8-24-21.png