Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Proxy voting starting. Need some recommendations on a few:
  1. Election of Class III Director: Ira Ehrenpreis
  2. Election of Class III Director: Kathleen Wilson-Thompson
Anyone know anything about these two?

4. Tesla proposal to approve and adopt amendments to certificate of incorporation and bylaws to eliminate applicable supermajority voting requirements

This seems as if it could take away protection for Elon, and give the shorts more power.

5. Tesla proposal to approve amendment to certificate of incorporation to reduce director terms from three years to two years

Could cause more disruptions with frequent changes.

Thoughts?
Can't help. I have the same questions. Does anyone have any information on the details of the issues?

Have you considered that it is you who is missing data?
Of course. The instances I speak of are the ones where I actually know exactly what data Musk is missing and if he'd sit down for lunch with me I could just TELL him. It's obvious what he hasn't bothered to research. Would save him some wasted time and save the company a lot of money. :shrug:

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Of course. The instances I speak of are the ones where I actually know exactly what data Musk is missing and if he'd sit down for lunch with me I could just TELL him. It's obvious what he hasn't bothered to research. Would save him some wasted time and save the company a lot of money. :shrug:

If you’re so sure, then why wouldn’t you simply draft a paper with that information and pass it along to one of the members of this forum who has direct contact with him? Like Bonnie.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. ;)

BRIEF-Tesla Increased Size Of Stock Offering, Pricing 3.1 Mln Shares At $243 Each- Bloomberg
May 2 (Reuters) -
* TESLA INCREASED THE SIZE OF THE STOCK OFFERING, PRICING
MILLION SHARES AT $243 EACH- BLOOMBERG
Source text : Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Probably misleading reporting. 3.1 million is the number from the EXISTING FILING if the underwriters exercise all their additional options to buy. So I suspect this isn't a change. Every previous Tesla stock offering has been fully subscribed including the additional options; this is no exception.

The roof is for the life of the house.
The solar is guaranteed to generate for 30 years.
I hope you are right, but I didn’t interpret Elon’s Q1 Earnings comments that way. We already know that solar cells should last +/- 30 years. It seems that the current challenge is to get the roof to last about that long.

So, you weren’t able to talk nicely,
Was I ever?

The mark of a wise person is the ability to listen to accurate, useful applicable information even if it comes from a disagreeable source.

effectively or your info isn’t applicable. Happy we can put this to bed and not have you bring it up for the hundredth time.
Admit you're wrong and we can put it to bed. :)

Probably misleading reporting. 3.1 million is the number from the EXISTING FILING if the underwriters exercise all their additional options to buy. So I suspect this isn't a change. Every previous Tesla stock offering has been fully subscribed including the additional options; this is no exception.

yeah, but the price is now set at 243?
does that mean they finalized that tonight?
is the interest rate and conversion ratio now set as well?

Reactions: neroden
Not 100% sure I understood the part Karpathy was saying how NN start learning on their own. I assume means no more hardcoding edge cases with a programmer.

I think Karpathy was referring to the current system where they have a neural net running, in shadow mode or live, that predicts and compares the prediction to what happens. Whenever a prediction is incorrect, the data is uploaded to the cloud already labeled with what actually happened. Thus the networks grows its dataset on its own and over time iteratively learns to better predict what will happen without any human labelers having to manually label the dataset.

But really, the point is valid. If you really want to get to 80 mph, why slow down one quarter only to speed up the next? Seems like part of the reason is the hubris not to do a capital raise in 2018. Had they done one, they would not have needed, or probably wanted, to fire a bunch of employees only to hire a bunch of employees a couple of months later. Unless of course all of these employees were terrible, which seems unlikely.
If there are sharp corners before the 80 mph zone you better slow down before you get there. Few journeys are a straight line.

BRIEF-Tesla Increased Size Of Stock Offering, Pricing 3.1 Mln Shares At $243 Each- Bloomberg
May 2 (Reuters) -
* TESLA INCREASED THE SIZE OF THE STOCK OFFERING, PRICING
MILLION SHARES AT $243 EACH- BLOOMBERG
Source text : Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

emphasis not mine -
So, 300 Million less than what they could have got after Q3 ER.

Tesla seen finding ample appetite for its newest convertible bond - Reuters

...In the new deal, being sold alongside $650 million in new shares, Tesla is looking to offer an interest rate below the coupon on its previous convertible from two years ago, even though interest rates today are broadly higher. There is also a higher bar for taking advantage of the stock price.

...The new convertible bond is seen carrying a coupon of between 1.5% and 2.0% with a conversion premium of between 27.5% and 32.5% over the reference price for Tesla shares at the time of the sale, according to a trader who saw preliminary marketing materials for the deal on Thursday.

We get rescued back to the previous downward channel. The direction is still down. Saved from a total collapse by settling with Sec and raising capital. Might be able to go sideways, but doesn't look like any fund is entering big time.

This was a perfectly orchestrated attack. I have to applaud how well it is done. Also, a strategic blunder that we didn't raise capital at 380. Perhaps too conceited with the notion that a breakdown in demand can happen.

Elon probably foresaw this, since he warned about it. I wonder why he didn't raise capital then. Going forward, Elon should stop thinking about burning the shorts or make a strategic move based on their attack. If you react to their strategy, you put yourself in their frame of thinking and became just a puppet in their play.

Can you elaborate what the "attack" was here? Tesla brought it upon themselves by over-promising and under-delivering again, and ended up in a tight spot because of that. Looked like some big longs bailed either before or during that mess, which isn't too surprising.

Or just attend the stockholders meeting and inform Musk you too are a Super Genius. :D

The FSD investor day resulted in a video being released. Brian from i1tesla on YouTube has picked through the video with his video editing SW and found some interesting nuggets. He has enlarged the screen.

It seems to create an image of the future space where it will be after a planned lane change and then navigates to that space or so it seems to me. Might this be the rendering manifestation of vector space, probably not.

Rickard is back with another video as well.

Hahahaha. YES.

Screenshot_20190502-220515_Twitter.jpg