Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact is China & US need each other. Trump needs a deal and Xi needs growing economy.

Of course, but the problem is that they need to accord each other on the terms. And the big question is which terms are they willing to accept or not.
And to get those terms accepted, who is going to give up first, and until what point of pain they'll get until they accept the terms....

Basic questions, trying to understand impact from US/China on Tesla.
  1. Was Tesla banking on Mfg Model 3's in China to ship some of them to US and lower overall costs? (If so, the cost forecast may have just risen unless all other countries keep stable trade with China and can meet volume required).
  2. If a Model 3 is made in China and sold in China, are there any import costs - as in sale a from a US company (or is that something that China could retaliate with?)
  3. What is the thing to watch for here? When people say "Automobiles" and "China Trade", how is Tesla different? (other than a US company owning a factory in China, which may set it apart from the rest when it comes to tarrifs... I don't know)

1. No, Giag 3 produced 3's and Y's in the future is only for China market
2. No
3. Tesla isn't affected at all right now based on no new tariffs for Autos. Going forward, only S/X would be affected since they'll still be made in Freemont.

Reactions: neroden
WTF. Thanks for this.

You are logged into Tunein in your car with your own private TuneIn account that you can login with your computer and smartphone? What car with what software release and what MCU etc?

Maybe I should try changing my password to something brain dead simple, perhaps I have a special character it doesn’t like. Current one includes upper/lower case, some numeric and a plus sign, and is 11 characters long.

Cannot recall any issues. Have a hazy memory of logging in when I picked up the car in September. Was also previously logged in my Model S as well. I have a ten character login.

Sorry for your difficulties.

Attachments

• E1882422-F1FF-47BE-8228-76ED136C3B8C.jpeg
    E1882422-F1FF-47BE-8228-76ED136C3B8C.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 49
Consumer Reports did not do any testing and ranking of their own. That report was just a survey summary of owner satisfaction. As worthless as some of those JD Power Awards.
So a majority of Tesla owners are idiots that haven't driven other cars then?
This is the software that Consumer Reports recently declared was the best in the business? (and I agree)

I do not think Tesla are going to be feeling the same pressure to fix the bugs that you do.

It is normal for Tesla to add new features for sales reasons, and not fix ancient issues. This is normal in large software products. I used to use Digidesign Pro Tools every day and was angry to see the useless new features they would add, while ignoring the long-term bugs. New features help sales. Fixing old bugs does not. Doesn't make it right. It's just how the software industry works.
Fixing old issues is often much harder than adding new features. (I work in software development)

Lol. Ya. Our charging infrastructure won't be able to handle the influx in BC. Quebecois won't care. It is too cold there in the winter.
Québecois do care, I just had mine this week-end ;)

But yeah, charging infrastucture : took me 14h to get back to home from Montreal had to stop 40 min at supercharger in Mont-Tremblant. 45 min level2 in Mont-Laurier, 2 hours level2 in Val d'Or and 1hour 30 min level 2 in Rouyn-Noranda. I had 50 km of range left on my LR AWD at home.

Ironically there is chademo/ccs public station in Mont-Laurier and Val d'Or. I can't say it enough that we need a CCS adapter.

Québecois do care, I just had mine this week-end ;)

But yeah, charging infrastucture : took me 14h to get back to home from Montreal had to stop 40 min at supercharger in Mont-Tremblant. 45 min level2 in Mont-Laurier, 2 hours level2 in Val d'Or and 1hour 30 min level 2 in Rouyn-Noranda. I had 50 km of range left on my LR AWD at home.

Ironically there is chademo/ccs public station in Mont-Laurier and Val d'Or. I can't say it enough that we need a CCS adapter.

I was wondering how bad the sr range will get in qc winter. Also how is the battery pack reacting to the salt and snow?

Trump can see what is happening to the markets. He knows he is only tolerable to the people if the economy is growing and the stock market is good. Presidents tend to get re-elected if the economy is good...if its not then people will want change.

My guess is he will concede key points to the Chinese quietly, but publicly proclaim victory about how he drove a great deal for the US.
Yes, this is what makes the current breakdown weird.

Neither Trump nor his fans are details oriented. He can take any deal and call it the greatest thing since sliced bread and the fanbase will lap it up. He can do the actual greatest thing since sliced bread and critics will call it bad. So, why did the talks breakdown over some obscure thing ? Makes no sense.

Mod: Software quality became UI quality begat audiophile stuff. Too off topic even for a weekend. Stop now. Take it to one of the many other threads. --ggr.
Mod: reinforcing the previous message. Not only are we deleting these posts, you get a free temporary ban from now on. --ggr.