Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod: reinforcing the previous message. Not only are we deleting these posts, you get a free temporary ban from now on. --ggr.

The top part of my post was directly related to the stock price and the perceived manipulation. My last paragraph was about an actual software update to an actual Tesla vehicle, which is far more on-topic than most of the posts the mods choose to permit.

i suppose it would have been fine had I posted about politics, flooding in Shanghai, building materials in house construction in Ireland, trains, or any of the numerous off topic discussions that have run at length for multiple pages here because the mods ignore them when they come from certain members.

Yes, this is what makes the current breakdown weird.

Neither Trump nor his fans are details oriented. He can take any deal and call it the greatest thing since sliced bread and the fanbase will lap it up. He can do the actual greatest thing since sliced bread and critics will call it bad. So, why did the talks breakdown over some obscure thing ? Makes no sense.

Not weird. Obstruction of justice deflection.

Boeing at 4 month low, admits guilt or complicity in fatal flaw in 737 MAX and building and storing undelivered inventory.

Tesla making year over year more cars and delivering more cars, for at least 99% of them are only made if they are sold, but not delivered. Making their own CPU for self driving while other companies' vaporware is astronomically valuated. TSLA is at a near two year low.

Wait for oil to get to $90/ barrel, and while short sellers may drive tsla down, people will flock to alternative vehicles, EV...

I wish I had cash available to buy more. The lowest TSLA I ever purchased was 180, but I really hope we don't get there.
Boeing at 4 month low, admits guilt or complicity in fatal flaw in 737 MAX and building and storing undelivered inventory.

Tesla making year over year more cars and delivering more cars, for at least 99% of them are only made if they are sold, but not delivered. Making their own CPU for self driving while other companies' vaporware is astronomically valuated. TSLA is at a near two year low.

Wait for oil to get to $90/ barrel, and while short sellers may drive tsla down, people will flock to alternative vehicles, EV...
Then queue people whining about gas prices. Every time gas spikes people freak out and start to ditch their ridiculously large vehicles, then next year when gas goes down they buy the same things again. Repeat. I've been seeing this happen ever since my early 20s, and I'm sure it went on before then. (then queue people pretending that most people who buy pick ups etc. "need" them for work and aren't actually buying them as toys or cultural signifiers)

Break the wheel!

Transitory velleity: Just Stop Killing!

Is that On Topic? Probably not. But I forced you all to go to your dictionaries, so that's a good thing,
You mean google?

Acceleration of EV adoption cannot happen fast enough, everyone benefits even the short sellers because we all breathe the same air. So to your point above, just like google became the source for information, tesla is poised to be the brand name to represent energy...

Reactions: Artful Dodger
So if I complain about anything except for SP, even if constructive criticism about a product I love from a company I admire greatly, will it just wind up copy/pasted by $TESLAQ Trolls?
Yes. Those guys are literally insane. It's not that Tesla is in a tough spot and may go bankrupt or whatever, they think it's some kind of huge conspiracy or pyramid scheme. Apparently they have ferreted out the truth while the entire financial industry and governmental monitoring agencies are being tricked. Same kind of people who insist there is a child abuse ring in the basement of a pizza shop.
(not saying we need to be afraid to point out our issues/concerns/critiques)

Lex Fridman brought in Chris Lattner for his latest AI interview. Lattner worked for Tesla briefly as VP of AutoPilot (quoting Fridman). However there is no Tesla content until 1:15:10 when Fridman asks about the transition from HW1 to HW2. Not much new there, if anything. Basically Lattner says there was high turnover and he didn't always like Musk's management, but respects him as a leader.

The rest of the interview is great for compiler geeks, and there's a short discussion of google's TPU v3. From the description I doubt it'll end up in a Waymo vehicle: maybe they're working on a different chip for that.

I was wondering how bad the sr range will get in qc winter. Also how is the battery pack reacting to the salt and snow?
I'll see the range drop next winter for my Tesla but the datas that had me take the LR comes from 2 bolt owner : at -20 C range drop of 30-35%, at -35 C range drop of 45-50%.

The thing is about 70% of the population of Quebec is located in the Gatineau-Montreal-Quebec City line, so this part is well covered with supercharger and public dc charging stations. The problem is for the remaining 30% that are far East or up North like me, but only for Tesla owners because even small towns of 20-25k population now have their ccs/chademo.

As an investor I would prefer a CCS/Chademo adapter for now. It provides more options of charging where competition would "only" have public station.

Federal tax rebate of 5000$ is tied to a budget of 300 milions : that is 60 000 vehicles, once it is gone, there is no garanty that it will come back so Tesla should act fast to leverage the rebate.

Two webinars that should be of interest to Tesla shareholders will be conducted tomorrow. Tesla is the #1 holding in ARK Invest’s ETFs. They are very actively managed and may be discussed by CFRA. We can type questions during the Q&A sessions toward the end of each webinar.

CFRA
Webinar: Understanding Actively Managed ETFs
11:00 am EDT
GoToWebinar Launcher

ARK Invest
Webinar: May Monthly
1:30 pm EDT
GoToWebinar Launcher

From all the random information I've been able to gather, and I am not sure about this because I've heard so much contradictory stuff, they built 2 GA lines originally (confusingly both numbered as "line 2" -- two lines to line 2?!? -- with the S/X line being "line 1"). These were the ones which were overly automated and packed too tight, and the tent line was the remaining line.

Anyone with more accurate inside information is welcome to share.

Yeeeeah. I think they missed very, very hard. By a huge factor. There's a reason Musk was staying up all night and screaming at people; it really was an existential crisis for the company.

I'm a few hours late responding to this, but by my recollection, GA1 is S & X, GA3 is Model 3 inside, GA4 is Model 3 tent, and GA2 is a great mystery. Perhaps GA1 and GA2 are both S & X? Or maybe GA2 is the overly automated line that got dismantled?

Then why is Tesla on the list, since like GM, Ford, and FCA they don't release monthly numbers either... So the Tesla numbers are an estimate...

Everyone here knows or should know Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers. Therefore those Tesla numbers are estimates, as I have said a gazillion times previously.

FCA will start releasing only quarterly numbers starting Q3 2019.

Everyone here knows or should know Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers. Therefore those Tesla numbers are estimates, as I have said a gazillion times previously.

Yeah, but you missed the point. They said that their aren't doing estimates. That means Tesla shouldn't be on the list. So they have decided to do estimates for some manufacturers and not others.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and humbaba
upload_2019-5-13_20-51-6.jpeg

Looks - 8.5/10

images

Looks - 6.5 with camouflage plus fake exhausts

Porsche-Taycan-05.jpg

Looks - 2/10 - I can't un-see the enormous light clusters