Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what do you guys think is the main substantial reason for this panic?
maybe something like: we'll have a tradewar -> bad for consumer sentiment, supply chain disruptions, increasing prices -> less demand in economy overall, layoffs, some companies default -> we'll have a recession -> there are not enough Tesla buyers for too long -> Tesla may get another round of funding or two but with weak sales looses pile up -> Tesla will get no further funding -> Tesla is going bankrupt.
MMD in progress, as expected...
And now we have a strong DROP :mad:

Alternate interpretation: Panasonic's new jigs will ramp 2170 output late this year, in time to support initial Model Y production. Remember, on this same podcast he said building Model Y in Fremont will get them to market faster.

Other possibilities for the extra 10 GWh’s in 2nd half of this year are:
1) S&X refresh
2) Semi
3) Pickup (much less likely I think)
4) Surprise product

Those 10 GWh’s have to go somewhere and Tesla only projects 1-2 additional GWh’s for Tesla Energy and no more than 7k Model 3’s / week (which should be covered by existing 24 GWh/year capacity).

Let’s call it the great 10 GWh use case guessing game.

Reactions: neroden
Given that everyone in the vietnam video seems to be wearing a face mask, I think I'd rather be in a tesla robotaxi with bioweapon defense mode, even if it took me twice as long to get to work due to conservative driving. Also safest car in the world. alive+lungs ok > got there quicker.
I used to not care about electric scooter news/investments. I think I’ve changed my mind.

I am so jealous of those with dry powder.

Well, I have powder, but the wife is guarding it and my wife looks like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

God bless her beautiful soul...

Doesnt after hours incentivize/cause these AM dips?
Folks taking profit at 9:32.

I see it in a lot of stocks
Up overnight, bangs down within 20 minutes.

Same dip in S&P, NASDAQ,Russell
TSLA again a similar move, but exaggerated

Uptick now, all except Russell
TSLA uptick
It looks tied to the macro right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Everybody needs to calm down regarding Beijing’s free license plate thing.

Look at the poster, the sentence I marked in red says “数量有限,先到先得”, which means “limited availability, first come first served”.

Of course not every new energy green license plate in Beijing is going to be issued to Tesla.

Think about it, the less promotion we see the better. Of course it’s not possible to do business without some kind of sales every now and then. But can we stop celebrating promotions like this.

View attachment 415707

Regarding the license plate thing in Beijing, the post was deleted by Tesla.

So it’s more complicated than we thought.

The picture in my above post does not mention license plate. It’s only 3 year 0 interest lease for Model 3 LR, LR AWD and Performance (no SR+).

Last edited:
Judging by news/article activity, kinda feels like the shorts are nervous. I'm reading lots of doubling down on the more extreme claims...Elon is a Charlatan, Ponzi scheme, Tesla goes to zero etc.
Also, even if BEVs are just as dirty as ICE, you can remove the pollution to a central source where you produce less and is easier to mitigate as opposed to inhaling toxic fumes every time you drive anywhere....less air pollution where you live. Who can deny that is worth something? Eh, I give people too much credit...
Yes you certainly are. The only response you get from that is invariably something like "uhh oh yeah well California has bad air!" or "it goes up into the air so it doesn't matter and like clean coal or something".