Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are plates in China linked to the car or the person? If the car then it's because the offer is for a three year lease at 0% with the plate included. When the lease ends, the driver needs another car with another plate.

That's my reading of it.
They removed the plate leasing from ads. It is because they are illegal! So please don’t over react to this. If they do provide this service, I don’t know where they get these plates but it is still illegal to lease. You can always do it underground, However it will not be a good strategy unless you are so desperate. Make no sense for me so that’s why they removed it at last. The sales team must been pushed so hard.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
More color on GF1 battery production:

carsonight | 19 hours ago

"They are definitely running 24/7. I was careful in stating "up to" one every 45 seconds; this assumes that everything is working perfectly at all levels, and not just the Grohmann machine. The same source who told me that also told me actual production varies between 800 and 1100 per day. Apparently there is room for improvement and increased production on the Tesla side as well as the Panasonic side, before there is any need for CapEx and factory expansion."​

The info on 'room for improvement w/o new CapEx needed' is new.

Cheers!

Another tactic that works for those types is to tell them that 2/3rds to 3/4s of our trade deficit for the last 40+ years has been oil and oil-powered cars. We spend $150+ billion a year importing ~5 million ICE automobiles, but we are a net exporter of EVs now.

Also, even if BEVs are just as dirty as ICE, you can remove the pollution to a central source where you produce less and is easier to mitigate as opposed to inhaling toxic fumes every time you drive anywhere....less air pollution where you live. Who can deny that is worth something? Eh, I give people too much credit...

Now, if he could only align his visionary abilities to include the calendar it would be even more impressive!

Besides that most people get it wrong about how long a project of any type will take (we’ve discussed that here in the past with links to scientific and psychological studies/information), he gives people as a whole a lot more credit than they deserve.

We (OEMs, dealerships, fossil fuel industries, utilities, politicians et al) should be further ahead transitioning the world than we are because we should have picked up the ball he threw us and run with it.

Instead...

Norway delivered 583 one day in the last quarter, did they not?

So the current slow pace there (60-90 per day) indicated lack of cars, nothing to do with holidays or capability.

Or it means that they aren't doing a mad delivery rush and that they are pacing themselves. (Everyone and the janitor aren't called in to help with deliveries.)

Expecting a dip at the open,
10 am or so make a jump
OT: Roadster and things
I am continually frustrated Tesla has no Custom Shop
Fanatics being fanatical

Could extend to mods of the standard lines, interior/exterior

Shooting brake Model S for Too Much Money
(Somebody would pay it)

One hand-built roadster per week for whatever the market will bear.
Then the Italians could panic the way the Germans do now
Heh
/R

• Love
Reactions: Christine69420
More color on GF1 battery production:

carsonight | 19 hours ago

"They are definitely running 24/7. I was careful in stating "up to" one every 45 seconds; this assumes that everything is working perfectly at all levels, and not just the Grohmann machine. The same source who told me that also told me actual production varies between 800 and 1100 per day. Apparently there is room for improvement and increased production on the Tesla side as well as the Panasonic side, before there is any need for CapEx and factory expansion."​

The info on 'room for improvement w/o new CapEx needed' is new.

Cheers!
PSA: carsonight is on twitter (same handle). I have confirmed it with him that it is genuine and not some Tesla troll.

OMG GREEN!

green.png

(and if you think the top one is depressing you should see the ones I got margin called on :()

I have faith they will all turn very green in time :D

I really need to look into the Chinese charging infrastructure. From my experience with Beijing, most people live in high rises. Not exactly the perfect environment for electric cars. Only the uber wealthy have townhouses or single family homes.
I wish I had a dollar for every concerned person who has said this (and on this forum). Chinese buyers aren't dumb... they are working out how to charge their cars. There are no apartment dwellers driving home in their Model 3s only to realise they can't charge it.

If there are 300,000 orders, there are 300,000 future Tesla drivers who have already been looking into that issue and making sure it's not going to stop them when they get the car.