Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more food for thought for everyone playing short term trades. First, hourly TSLA chart from Oct-Nov 2018. Note stock activity around the major events in this period:

46524281002_67719646eb_b.jpg

Second, the same chart with NDQ overlaid to give a sense of potential macro impact. Possibly a bit confusing I know, just look at the above chart to see which is which (NDQ vs. TSLA).

46524281082_33278a27ab_b.jpg

Analysis: TSLA seems to mirror the NDQ right up until the earnings call announcement on 10/22 after market close. Then the two diverge significantly. It would be a fair assumption to see something similar play out this month. (EDIT: I should say, we already saw a divergence between the two this month with today's P&D report, with NDQ up 0.46% and TSLA down 6.81%.)

Comments are welcomed.

Yep. GM needs congress to renew the credit *this quarter*. :) Otherwise the Bolt is going to get even more unreasonably priced, and they'll struggle to move them in ZEV states to get the credits that they need. And California's ZEV requirement increases a lot in 2019, from 4,5% to 7%.

Maybe they could drop the price by $2k :D

I have believed for years that Tesla would lower their prices when the tax credits expired (or were reduced). That's the main reason I didn't get sucked into the "buy now before the credit goes down" pitch.

Tesla lowering their prices so quickly does help to verify the haters theory that Tesla was actually the recipients of the tax credit versus the consumer since they simply raised their prices to account for the credit (well, $2000 of $3750 so far).

I feel your pain. 90% of the posters here are awesome. Then, there are those you try to scan right on by. Would be much easier with an ignore feature.

There is an ignore button. Just click on poster's name on left portion of the page. You'll find it there.

Some more food for thought for everyone playing short term trades. First, hourly TSLA chart from Oct-Nov 2018. Note stock activity around the major events in this period:

Second, the same chart with NDQ overlaid to give a sense of potential macro impact. Possibly a bit confusing I know, just look at the above chart to see which is which (NDQ vs. TSLA).

Analysis: TSLA seems to mirror the NDQ right up until the earnings call announcement on 10/22 after market close. Then the two diverge significantly. It would be a fair assumption to see something similar play out this month. (EDIT: I should say, we already saw a divergence between the two this month with today's P&D report, with NDQ up 0.46% and TSLA down 6.81%.)

Comments are welcomed.
Nice analysis. I was looking at TSLA weekly charts and they suggest TSLA going further downward.

Comments are welcomed.

Thanks, so last time the drop continued for about a week after P/D. Buckle up, folks.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
As much as I hope that Q4 will mirror Q3, but the expectations were much different. They crushed all the analysts estimates in Q3, not saying they can't again but expectations are much different.

There is still room for a significant beat, even over the ~2.10 EPS (non-diluted) estimates for Q4 '18. If I'm interpreting some of the income models correctly, I believe Tesla may report a non-diluted EPS of ~3.50, but I'd like someone much more informed than I to confirm or offer up their own estimate.

Well.. today a company just got hammered for breaking all records. AAPL sellers looking for growth, there’s a deal waiting for you ;)

No, no, no way. Last thing we want is Apple dragging Tesla into the swamp of mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, I love Apple products, but I'm still waiting for something new that wasn't started by Jobs...

Imagine Tesla FW Update 2023.41.8 - fifteen new emojis for the hard-of-hearing (no offence to deaf people, you understand)

No, no, no way. Last thing we want is Apple dragging Tesla into the swamp of mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, I love Apple products, but I'm still waiting for something new that wasn't started by Jobs...

Imagine Tesla FW Update 2023.41.8 - fifteen new emojis for the hard-of-hearing (no offence to deaf people, you understand)
I am talking investors selling/buying shares, not Apple buying Tesla!

Thanks, so last time the drop continued for about a week after P/D. Buckle up, folks.
That's not the moral of the (chart) story. Just says TSLA followed NASDAQ down. If NASDAQ doesn't go down for a week - neither will TSLA.

BTW, after last quarter's P&D report, initially SP went up (IIRM, to 318) then went back down all the way to 301 at close.

Ofcourse, tomorrow NASDAQ gets hammered because of AAPL. Funny thing is even in Q3, the macros big slide started with AAPL earnings. TSLA is down $3 and AAPL down $12 in the after hours.

Last edited: