Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
243530EC-99FE-45C1-A9FC-64F79950371D.jpeg

Reason for that is very simple.

Fusion power actually arrived and continues to improve. The reactor is conveniently located 93 million miles away.

Pretty sure the scale of the misinformation campaign,

- in percent of the media participating
- dearth of mass market media calling out blatant misinformation by peers
- years of duration at immense intensity

and,

- drift to nakedly aggressive falsehoods given all of the above

dwarfs anything previously aimed at a specific company before.

I suspect there may have been larger attacks, but certainly not in my lifetime. Maybe in the 18th century?

If Tesla is really doing all sorts of new things for GF3 then they're in for many months of production hell. Again. The only way they ramp up quickly is if they just replicate what they already know how to do. But I suspect Elon is incapable of allowing that.
Tesla would be foolish not to make the trunk into a stamped piece in GF3 then replicated it back to Fremont.

Under U.S. law there is nothing wrong with being a bonafide monopoly. So nothing could be done about it. Monopolies are only illegal when they arose out of anti-competitive behavior. If Tesla becomes a monopoly through their own excellence and rapid innovation that no other car maker can match, more power to them. That helps the consumer, it doesn't harm them.
I agree completely with the underlined. I also agree that Tesla as a monopoly wouldn't be illegal unless they participated in anti-competitive behavior.

However, when the government/governmental agency decides that legalities/truth of the matter isn't issue "things happen".
For example, the last SEC lawsuit against Musk for tweeting "material" information that had been publicly disclosed previously on at least 2 separate occasions. Was the SEC truly acting in good faith?

So yes, Tesla as a monopoly shouldn't even raise an eyebrow. But...

That article focuses excessively on older, used EVs with very limited range. I wouldn't call it a fair report.

It also mentions that the author's electrical main panel is full, thus precluding the addition of a 240V circuit, but how many people have this problem? Even if they do, it's often possible to replace an existing breaker or two with a half-size one, or perhaps remove an unused circuit or two. It's not usually a big problem. No, it's not a fair report, IMHO.

I'd call that an honest but lazy report. Those, I expect; the author can be gently assisted. (Most people don't have full panels unless they've been puttting in tons of electrical; if they have, they need to add a subpanel.)

Possible. Something tells me building codes and safety requirements in China may not be on par with the EU. GF4 will take a LOT longer & cost more.

Why do you assume that Tesla will have to build new for GF4? There's going to be plenty of idled/empty factories in Europe soon enough. Remember, Tesla Fremont is the former NUMMI plant built by GM/Toyota.

I bet that's what they said 25 years ago too.

Perhaps you should look into it more

Also imagine:
- a 5 MW fusion reactor that fits inside a container and costs about $400,000, enough to power 5,000 houses continuously:
- a couple of these containers are enough to power a ship;
- price per kWh less that 0.5 ¢;
- no radioactive waste;
- enough fuel available to outlast the life of earth;
- only by product Helium

Now also imagine that two of the three requirements to achieve scientific feasibility of fusion with a Dense Plasma Focus have been met end that there are no known reasons why the third (density) could also not be met.
Currently there is company who does the research and hopes to prove the concept works within a couple of months. With enough funds, first reactors can be shipped within three years.

There are enough reasons to be optimistic