Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, fair warning for people watching market action this week. We've had honest-to-goodness bear raids over July 4th week before. It's a preferred time for bear raids because the markets close at 1 PM on Wednesday and are closed all of Thursday. Lots of people take long holidays. This makes Wednesday and Friday low-volume days, prime targets for bear raids. Mon-Tue, today and tomorrow, might see a bear raid too, but it's more likely to be timed for Wed & Fri.

If you see a big bear raid this week, it'll probably stop (well, go back to the normal level of manipulation) next Monday when normal trading resumes. This is not the week to have margin loans.
well then, load up the guns wit all available dry power I sez & git ready fer some bear huntin

The reason I am interested in the Tripp case is that, IMO, a deposition of Tripp would ultimately produce some interesting names (co-criminals) up the food chain.

I find it highly unlikely that there would be an insufficient separation between Tripp and anyone interesting to allow anything of substance to come of it. That’s why fixers and such exist. If there is a conspiracy it’s highly unlikely Tripp knew much more than how he was being compensated.

I find it highly unlikely that there would be an insufficient separation between Tripp and anyone interesting to allow anything of substance to come of it. That’s why fixers and such exist. If there is a conspiracy it’s highly unlikely Tripp knew much more than how he was being compensated.
Compensated by whom?

And the wave rolls on....
Yes, definitely the wave still lives. Both in terms of shipping and end of quarter rush.

Now, end of month rush is natural in the auto industry. But that is only if people can pick the cars off the lot (and expect to be able to bargain better at month end). Tesla should really be able to spread out their deliveries more evenly.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Yeah, and Hochholdinger reported to another Tesla executive who is reporting to Elon.

I.e. even second level executives at Tesla are hotly sought after in the automotive industry, and they become first level executives elsewhere.

I'm sure there's a negative headline somewhere in that story, I just cannot find it! :D
He's going to regret that. I feel pretty confident that all these companies will go nowhere. The future cars are not just about EV. But also autonomy and software (carOS). Got to have all three (in spades), otherwise, you'll be a one hit wonder and fade into obscurity (read Lucid, Faraday Futures, Byton, etc.). The future players are likely among Tesla, Waymo, Apple and some of the legacy OEMs (plus whatever comes out of China-- Nio, BYD, etc.-- maybe).

A little puzzle that even took me a moment to figure out even I actually knew what I was looking at:

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 19.38.33.png

Is it allowed to link Dana Hull article from yesterday in Bloomberg?
Link, yes. Preferably with a line or two of summary like "only mild bovine excrement this time, with a single instance of someone downgrading from a Model S to a Model 3, and lots of implications that Tesla won't meet delivery expectations and it won't matter if they did." That way people won't give Bloomberg the ad revenue by clicking.

But don't post the entire contents of this (or any) article.

Musk Seeking Tesla Deliveries Record Could Be a Double-Edged Sword

What's everyone's plan for the annual 4th of July bear attack? We have a mid-morning dip strategy, think this year's Independence Day Dip deserves some Wednesday selling and Monday rebuying?

With the positive sentiment around production and deliveries, it's sure gonna be interesting.
My plan is to grill some brats. Maybe watch a parade...definitely some baseball and then fireworks that evening. Anything else is just BS as normal. Like my brats and beer...this too shall pass.

Dan

Mo
Link, yes. Preferably with a line or two of summary like "only mild bovine excrement this time, with a single instance of someone downgrading from a Model S to a Model 3, and lots of implications that Tesla won't meet delivery expectations and it won't matter if they did." That way people won't give Bloomberg the ad revenue by clicking.

But don't post the entire contents of this (or any) article.

Musk Seeking Tesla Deliveries Record Could Be a Double-Edged Sword
More deliveries results in more revenue, and with GF3 finishing rapidly, tesla will be stuck with so much cash to burn, would be bad for the environment.

Putting aside partisanship for one brief moment (as if...) what exactly do you think the folks going to Lucid think they can do there, that they could not do at Tesla?

https://electrek.co/2019/07/01/tesla-head-of-production-ev-startup-lucid-motors/

People breaking away from large companies to create startups in niche areas is common, but people going from new companies that are just starting to have an impact to start another new company doing exactly the same thing, isn't.

Putting aside partisanship for one brief moment (as if...) what exactly do you think the folks going to Lucid think they can do there, that they could not do at Tesla?

Tesla's head of production is going to EV startup Lucid Motors - Electrek

People breaking away from large companies to create startups in niche areas is common, but people going from new companies that are just starting to have an impact to start another new company doing exactly the same thing, isn't.

Wild guess:
Tesla can't make all the cars soon enough on their own, so they are also an incubator for EV leadership to start new companies to also accelerate conversion to renewable energy.

He's going to regret that. I feel pretty confident that all these companies will go nowhere. The future cars are not just about EV. But also autonomy and software (carOS). Got to have all three (in spades), otherwise, you'll be a one hit wonder and fade into obscurity (read Lucid, Faraday Futures, Byton, etc.). The future players are likely among Tesla, Waymo, Apple and some of the legacy OEMs (plus whatever comes out of China-- Nio, BYD, etc.-- maybe).

Wouldnt be so sure. I rather believe that Lucid gets a team of real software developers and processes together to mimic teslas agile hard and software development sprints than BMW/VW and other legacy carmakers. Have you experienced the software in the eTron?