Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given musks tweet on flying cars Tesla Electric Airplane? Elon Musk sees electric aircraft in 5 years - Electrek

If Tesla was to decide to try and compete with Uber and their partners on flying taxis when would Tesla need to publicly move to start production on such a thing to also be a dog in that race? (this race:
)

My feeling based on their battery capacity/R&D as well as their NN experience with vision that Tesla could jump in the game and be a major competitor < 8 months. I base this off of the fact that they can secretly work on something (like the Pickup Truck) and from unveiling to production take about 8 months, so I don't see why an air taxi would be much different.

I know that Musk has said that he doesn't think it makes sense. But I do think there are situations where this type of product has a place. Im still more for tunnels tho.

Taking a road trip with my family in my Model 3 to go hiking in a National Park.

Similar here next week--taking 2 Teslas to 5 NPS sites. Should be fun and... a possible interesting time securing low-to-full charging for 2 Teslas simultaneously sans Superchargers for half the trip. (Rural UT)

I fully expect bearish headline nonsense late this week. Hopeful that deliveries report helps mitigate. Either way, I'll be enjoying the reality of the Tesla road trip experience shortly.

Given musks tweet on flying cars Tesla Electric Airplane? Elon Musk sees electric aircraft in 5 years - Electrek

If Tesla was to decide to try and compete with Uber and their partners on flying taxis when would Tesla need to publicly move to start production on such a thing to also be a dog in that race? (this race:
)

My feeling based on their battery capacity/R&D as well as their NN experience with vision that Tesla could jump in the game and be a major competitor < 8 months. I base this off of the fact that they can secretly work on something (like the Pickup Truck) and from unveiling to production take about 8 months, so I don't see why an air taxi would be much different.

I know that Musk has said that he doesn't think it makes sense. But I do think there are situations where this type of product has a place. Im still more for tunnels tho.

Well there are electric airplanes now, but with the pickup not even being unveiled yet, what makes you think it would be in production in 8 months.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and humbaba
What's everyone's plan for the annual 4th of July bear attack? We have a mid-morning dip strategy, think this year's Independence Day Dip deserves some Wednesday selling and Monday rebuying?

With the positive sentiment around production and deliveries, it's sure gonna be interesting.
I'm pretty new to options trading. If we assume that there will be an artificial dip before/over the 4th, then buying puts that expire on the 8th would be the logical play
They presumably get more money and more (but riskier) stock, and "ego-boo" from the jump in title. And they don't get worked as hard as Elon pushes. I could believe the attraction.

BTW, OT, has anyone pointed out that you misspelled your username? Woolloomooloo - Wikipedia
Yeah I don't think it's odd at all. In my 15 years in corporate/IT consulting the only lesson I've learned is that you get your pay increases by jumping ship, not by sticking with one company and staying loyal.

How many here would jump on a new offer tomorrow if offered a 30 or 50% pay increase? Almost all.

Well there are electric airplanes now, but with the pickup not even being unveiled yet, what makes you think it would be in production in 8 months.

Not planes per se but VTOL commercial viable summon on demand taxis. I don't think itll be in production in 8 months, but potentially 8 months from the unveiling. It took the model S 3 years from unveiling to production, 3 for the model X, 1 year for the model 3 which seems like it indicates the issue was less about the complexity of the product and more about getting the battery capacity up/getting production unknowns solved. I am making a leap of faith that as they get better at doing these things that the time from unveil to production can still be shorter. Its a leap of faith I agree, but my understanding of the philosophy of the machine that builds the machine would imply that if they designed a VTOL Taxi with production in mind that the production line design would be part of the product design process and since they do so much in house that it shouldn't be so difficult to say "here's our new vehicle, we'll be producing it in 6 months". I may be totally wrong.

There probably are, but it won't be for one dollar a mile.

Islands in the Puget Sound, or around Maine. Philippines maybe. Islands in general seems like a good application.

Not sure this was linked earlier ...

Tesla stock is rising ahead of the release of second-quarter shipment numbers later this week. JMP's Joseph Osha thinks the electric-car maker's figures will top expectations.
Tesla bulls and bears have offered their predictions ahead of second-quarter shipment data. The company has told investors that it expects to deliver between 90,000 and 100,000 vehicles in the second quarter. In the fourth quarter of last year, the company delivered 90,700 cars, the most in its history. The consensus among analysts is for the company to deliver 84,000 cars in the second quarter.

What's new. Osha reiterated his expectation that the company will deliver an above-consensus 97,000 cars. "In general," he wrote, "the Street is underestimating the pace of recovery in Model 3 demand in the U.S., and additionally is not accounting for a full quarter of Model 3 exports." Osha thinks the company will ship fewer Model S and X's than analysts expect but make up the shortfall on Model 3's.

Looking ahead. Osha has an Outperform rating on Tesla shares and a $347 price target on the stock (or about 53% upside from its current price). He thinks appropriate valuations are 15 times enterprise value to Ebitda (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) and 35 times price to free cash flow. That would represent a significant rebound for a stock that currently trades at 11.8 times EV/Ebitda and 22.9 times price/free cash flow.

Thx. Do we have any solid info ( like crawled ) trough wayback machine about him ?I am meaning that if Tesla does not have anything written on the the court filing how can they accuse him ?

Civil complaints in US are "notice pleadings" that contain broad descriptions of your claim against a defendant. You are not required to list all of your evidence and will have other opportunities to find additional evidence through discovery. The defendant can either answer the complaint or file various motions to have it dismissed. If I am not mistaken I think I recall that Tesla also served notice to third parties to preserve emails etc on this matter.
If Tesla's claim were totally lacking in evidentiary support, I would have expected a dispositive motion by now. However I must admit I only have knowledge based on my readings here and the publicity when this matter first came out.

Tesla Model 3 third best sold car in the Netherlands for first six month 2019. Best selling car in June

Best verkochte auto's in de eerste helft van 2019
  • 1. Volkswagen Polo (6.607)
  • 2. Ford Focus (6.443)
  • 3. Tesla Model 3 (6.063)
  • 4. Volkswagen Golf (5.609)
  • 5. KIA Picanto (5.216)

And don't forget the price here. All others on that list are way cheaper!

Starting prices of 9.000-22.000€ compared to 44.500€ (Model 3).
So the headlines should be: Tesla Model 3 outsold the VW Golf in Netherlands first half 2019

Last edited:
The more sophisticated ones already made a pivot a week or two ago towards 'Q2 may be fine but Q3 will be a mess'. Expect a lot of charts with lower deliveries in July.
true, shorts will repeat what worked in the past but the undeniable truth will be more difficult to cover.

In the meantime strong numbers came in from Portugal and Denmark.

How many here would jump on a new offer tomorrow if offered a 30 or 50% pay increase? Almost all.
Its not that simple. You might lose options vesting in the future. Basically I'd say if everything else is equal, what you say is true. But there will always be pros/cons you need to weigh. That is why for someone who is already "done" with the current company those are attractive opportunities.

FE720DFD-A1BA-466B-9667-3DEB8F4A7262.jpeg

Link, yes. Preferably with a line or two of summary like "only mild bovine excrement this time, with a single instance of someone downgrading from a Model S to a Model 3, and lots of implications that Tesla won't meet delivery expectations and it won't matter if they did." That way people won't give Bloomberg the ad revenue by clicking.

But don't post the entire contents of this (or any) article.

Musk Seeking Tesla Deliveries Record Could Be a Double-Edged Sword

Who the hell is this guy Hana, are we now quoting opinions of individual Tesla owners on deliveries as if they are analysts?

“I’d be shocked if they come in below 89,000,” Hanna said. “I think North America is strong because of Canada, and Europe is strong. The real question mark is China.”

I hope everyone understands the tried and proven strategy by the media, which is to neutralize any chance of a surprise delivery number by hyping the highest forecasts just days before, so that the highest number is fresh in people’s minds. Of course with the purpose to make the actual number look like a miss, or “below expectations”.