Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah that’s dan nathan
he’s more of a 50/50 guy depending on the scenario. unlike tim seymour who’s always 100% short tesla. nathans not that bad. neither is guy adami. or melissa lee. carter worth only cares about TA, so whatever as far as he’s concerned.

i wouldn’t make too much of that segment.

they actually brought up some good points. even gene munster brought up points of concern.
it’s not like we’re out of the woods yet and there is some clear victory.
also, 7% stock movement isn’t a blowout. it’s actually inline with what was anticipated (i think i saw ~$17 implied move either way after P&D results)

now, anyone here that knows me knows how i feel about cnbc. i’m not an apologist, to put it gently.

Yeah, we still have a long way to go.
The time to celebrate BIGLY has not arrived.

Regarding this Dan Nathan, I remember seeing him saying, just in recent weeks, that the Model 3 started at $55K, which is completely full of sugar.
It just goes to show most of these talking heads don't know what they are talking about.

Yeah, we still have a long way to go.
The time to celebrate BIGLY has not arrived.

Regarding this Dan Nathan, I remember seeing him saying, just in recent weeks, that the Model 3 started at $55K, which is completely full of sugar.
It just goes to show most of these talking heads don't know what they are talking about.

therein lies the problem. since they are media ‘professionals’ they are swimming in their own professions’ dis/misinformation

it’s a murky swamp

@Fact Checking : in an escalating spiral of responses Tesla PR might have withdrawn Dana Hull's access to Tesla executives, factories and exclusive information - which didn't improve the tone of her Tesla reporting. But I'm really just guessing there.

Correct

IMO.......Dana is, to a certain extent, beholden to her Bloomberg masters. The pivot I saw was when she left Mercury and went to Bloomberg. Everything snowballed from there.

Not that I was worried, but after yesterday's numbers, the only bear that should be around is a dancing one!

giphy.gif

And the "original" TeslaCharts has changed his display name to TESLAcharts, LMAO
View attachment 425944

Just in case the parody account wants to adjust his screen name as well, here's a suggested Unicode homoglyph equivalent that differs in three characters yet renders almost exactly the same on screen:

original:
TESLAcharts​

parody:
TESLAϲһartѕ​

I fully support the TESLAϲһartѕ parody account that is exposing the lies of the TESLAcharts account!! :D

(Could someone tweet this suggestion to TesIaCharts please?)

JMP Securities maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Market Perform and target $347 Issuance Date: 2019-07-03

Morgan Stanley maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Equalweight and target $230
Issuance Date: 2019-07-03

Goldman Sachs maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Sell and target $158

UBS maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Sell and target $160

Nomura/Instinet maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Neutral and target $300

Credit Suisse maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Underperform and target $189
Past Rating: Underperform

Baird maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Outperform and target $355

BofA/Merrill Lynch maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Underperform and target $225

Canaccord Genuity maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Buy and target $394

Bernstein maintained Tesla (TSLA) coverage with Market Perform and target $325

$268.30 average

And the "original" TeslaCharts has changed his display name to TESLAcharts, LMAO
View attachment 425944

I bet the babycharts is jealous of the OG TeslaCharts - TC got 10k likes and counting for this tweet - something that babycharts can only dream of :D

TESLAcharts on Twitter

Just in case the parody account wants to adjust his screen name as well, here's a suggested Unicode homoglyph equivalent that differs in three characters yet renders almost exactly the same on screen:

original:
TESLAcharts​

parody:
TESLAϲһartѕ​

I fully support the TESLAϲһartѕ parody account that is exposing the lies of the TESLAcharts account!! :D

Done :p

original:
TESLAcharts​

parody:
TESLAϲһartѕ​

OT

How does that work? Which letters/codes?

Well, I personally care about it because if the stocks reach above $500/share, I won't be able to logically purchase any more.

Why? If the price is $500 and the split 2 to 1 all it does it drop the price to $250 and double the number of shares. It doesn't logically change anything. If you just can't afford to buy a $500 share all that means is you have to wait longer to buy a share until you have enough money.

Why? If the price is $500 and the split 2 to 1 all it does it drop the price to $250 and double the number of shares. It doesn't logically change anything. If you just can't afford to buy a $500 share all that means is you have to wait longer to buy a share until you have enough money.

Buying 1 share at $500 is different than buying 2 shares, since you can further split down to either $250 for one if the person needed to allocate funds elsewhere that time, or $750, if they had an additional amount.

It's also somewhat psychological. Like the fact that if i get 2 burgers for the price of $10, or 1 burger for the price of $10, even if the exact volume is the same between them, it feels like more and a better purchase. I love Tesla, and I very firmly believe it's a wonderful company that will succeed, but I am not a rich person with piles of cash to fling about. Spending $500 at a time to get two shares vs, the same for one, eh... I probably would just stop buying shares.

I think Tesla is likely to be targeting around 80k Model 3 production and 20k S/X production in Q3, though it's possible they are going for 90k 3 and 25 S/X. Tesla could well have exited the quarter already at a 100k run rate given they were ramping the SR+ battery and the Raven S/X through Q2.
Tesla doesn't likely have room to further reduce inventory from here (in fact inventory could increase in Q3 if they make more progress unwinding the delivery wave), so further production ramp up is necessary if they are to remain on track for 360-400k full year delivery guidance.
Seems very manageable, but could still be held back by panasonic cell supply for Model 3, and possibly more line downtime for S/X if they work on stage 2 of the refresh.

So based on the review of the historic evolution of Dana Hull's Tesla reporting I'm tending towards the opinion that @bonnie tried to convey a couple of months ago: that Dana Hull is genuine, and that the conflict between Elon and her and her pivoting to TSLAQ arguments is unfortunate and possibly reversible.

This view also appears to be largely in line with what @ZachShahan expressed in this recent article:

Tesla needs all the allies they can find in the EV revolution, the clock is ticking - there's no time to keep grudges.

Dana, NY Times, CNBC, you name the major outlet with heavy misinformation for years,

some combination of

The Day That TV News Died | BillMoyers.com

and/or

all super supersized by the reality that Tesla is a very high probability catalyst to the fossil fuel economy falling away to history (roughly 10% of the world’s total economic activity).

Last edited:
Buying 1 share at $500 is different than buying 2 shares, since you can further split down to either $250 for one if the person needed to allocate funds elsewhere that time, or $750, if they had an additional amount.

It's also somewhat psychological. Like the fact that if i get 2 burgers for the price of $10, or 1 burger for the price of $10, even if the exact volume is the same between them, it feels like more and a better purchase. I love Tesla, and I very firmly believe it's a wonderful company that will succeed, but I am not a rich person with piles of cash to fling about. Spending $500 at a time to get two shares vs, the same for one, eh... I probably would just stop buying shares.
You're on the far end of the scale from large to small investors.
For less small investors a high stock price works against a popular investment strategy for stocks with high volatility and no dividends.
I.e. Buy 100 shares ($ 24,000) and sell 1 call option (e.g. TSLA 17 jan 2020 $ 310,00) @ $ 1,300.
Wait for the options to expire worthless in January (5% return) or stock to rise above $ 310 by then (29% return).