Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, for now, let's keep this in the "rumourmill" category... but...

LiveSquawk on Twitter
View attachment 428085

If true... restoring S/X shifts? :) Raven surely queued up a big batch of orders while they were working to ramp its new hardware.
The question is what does this refer to? More model 3s, or S, Xs (raven, newer "refreshes", etc.?), or model Y (we know Y is going to be at Fremont), or all of the above?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Essentially I’m investing in this company because within 5 years I believe it will ship 1 million vehicles annually at an ASP near $50k with gross margin of 20%+. That equals $10 Billion of gross margin from the auto business alone. That is why I see it as a no brainer $100 Billion+ company, without any help from Uber-bullish FSD predictions.
I agree, but I believe that will happen by 2021, with volume production of Model Y, and GF3 running full steam.

That's exactly what we did. We bought the M3 for Fsd but never intend to rent it out. The M3 Fsd is a hedge against our inability to safely drive due to advancing age.

This is one reason I am a bit skeptical on raising the price of FSD too high. As well I believe there are many people that will never give up the convenience of being able to jump in the car at moments notice and go get a gallon of milk. It's a 2 min ride and I don't want double the time waiting for a car. My wife and I like to take Sunday drives with no idea where we will end up. All the more fun in a Tesla.

I think the switch of the market to a low cost Robo Taxi will take a long time. People used to the convenience will die off, younger people will not learn to drive, and land use will need change i.e buildings with minimal to no parking etc. I do believe it is a huge market, just that the last 70% of the transportation market will take a few generations migrate to RoboTaxi.

That last part of the market will likely still want a self driving car.

My belief is it is better to use FSD to make subscription income, and don't raise the price of the cars. Think close to 100% gross margin printing of money. Let others deal with the car maintenance, charging and cleaning just make subscription income on the Tesla network.

Guillen’s email to employees today also indicated that installation of the manufacturing line is underway at GF-3.

“According to Guillen’s email, many parts of the assembly line in China are already in place.

“The Stamping, Body, Paint, and General Assembly lines in China are well underway and hitting records in both line design and fabrication,” the memo said.”

‪Tesla Tells Staff It’s Preparing to Lift Output at Fremont Plant‬ : teslainvestorsclub

Save up, buy solar and an electric car. Done. Waiting for the government to do anything is stupid. They are only good at mailing checks.

OT
Got a solution for emissions from concrete, steel, agriculture? Govt has to get involved, or the Keeling Curve keeps climbing, even with every ICEV replaced with EV and every coal plant replaced with solar/storage.
One hope is that govt are inspired by Tesla and having seen that solutions are possible, get off their butts and try doing something.

From Bloomberg - a little more detail.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-10/tesla-tells-staff-it-s-preparing-to-lift-output-at-fremont-plant
[URL='https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-production/tesla-set-to-ramp-up-production-at-fremont-plant-bloomberg-idUSKCN1U504K?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtechnologyNews+%28Reuters+Technology+News%29']Tesla set to ramp up production at Fremont plant: Bloomberg - Reuters
[/URL]