Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT :
Russia now ranks 31 (out of 190 countries) in the "Ease of doing business" survey. China is #46. Russia would love to produce Teslas and they are much less likely to steal our tech.
If the White House control switches in '20, there is a significant chance of heightened tensions with Russia along with some kind of economic sanctions. They have been trying to mess with western democracies with impunity - and that is less likely to go unchallenged. So, compared to China and any EU countries, Russia is much more of a political risk.

I'm not suggesting it might happen. Just saying that it's not a crazy idea. If your goal is to reduce CO2 emissions, then you must put your prejudices aside.
Russia already leads the world in renewable transportation. Just add oats.
Robin
Russian HDV-Trabant.jpg

OT :
Its legit. Likely run by assistants though as confirmed from Audi internal sources. Bram does not even do e-mail so different management style but its his official account.

In any case such an official apology needs approval.
Wonder why have they not got twitter official checkmark ? Could be the time it takes or their social media team is that clueless.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Frenchboy:
For you to have 100% of every penny/Euro that you have in ANY one stock is a huge risk, and especially any stock that is volatile. Sure -- you can make a fortune by being so heavily concentrated, but you can also see massive losses. Understand that I am not limiting my comments to TSLA, as there are loads and loads of volatile stocks out there and the same rule apply. As a former licensed stock broker, taking such an approach is not investing, it is gambling. An investor diversifies into 30 - 40 different stocks so as to not get wiped out if the market moves against him. Also, I'm not knocking TSLA stock as I've traded in it and made money, so don't think that I'm bashing the company. I'm simply saying that 100% concentration is incredibly risky in any 1 stock.
For preservation of capital you diversify, to get rich you have to concentrate your investments

Toilet boy is having a hard time shorting Tesla.
Underperforming S&P500 by ~19% this month:eek::eek::confused:

If you'd build your portfolio based on a gorilla throwing bananas at random stocks, you'd perform much better, every year, since 2011 when he started his fund.

D_h_-CqUIAA19kF

" We remain short stock and call options in Tesla."

If the fumb duck had bought $TSLA at the "inception" then those investments would be 900-1000% up right now...

And into the Twittersphere it goes: Lycanthrope on Twitter

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting it might happen. Just saying that it's not a crazy idea. If your goal is to reduce CO2 emissions, then you must put your prejudices aside.

Russia gets most of its hard capital from oil and gas sales. The oligarchs who rule Russia own those assets. They want Tesla to go away. The last thing Tesla wants to do is set up shop in Russia. It's a ludicrous idea, and I'm not talking about a ludicrously good idea either.

Russian troll farms are almost certainly behind a lot of the anti-Tesla propaganda you see posted around the Internet by anonymous aliases that have no posting history. Musk knows this and will never set up a Gigafactory anywhere in Russia. Please stop the nonsense!

View attachment 429824

he's still very much short Tesla stock and call options. :D:D

He goes on to forecast a $840 mln loss for Q2, and needing to raise money in Q3 again. Not worth the reading.

Wow. He is so wrong, and yet so convinced. Delivery estimate miss aside - "No moat" while traditional automakers with the "experience moat" struggle to compete with a six-year old Model S. "Demand has peaked" as the company has a record number of deliveries and guides for an increased backlog coming out of the quarter, new product launches notwithstanding. "Losing a ton of money" despite likely maintaining margins that are the envy of the automotive world (for ICE cars, let alone EVs) whilst building out infrastructure, manufacturing facilities, and expanding product offerings. "Elon Musk is untrustworthy"; the only thing I can peg the guy is for being relentlessly optimistic, otherwise he almost always holds true to his word.

This is just delusional.