Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its legit. Likely run by assistants though as confirmed from Audi internal sources. Bram does not even do e-mail so different management style but its his official account.

In any case such an official apology needs approval.

Did you read some of the tweets? It’s a complete joke. The English is horrible, even worse than mine. And there are some things the CEO of Audi would never ever get across his lips. A few gems:

We regret ever making you to witness such an eye-soar of our Audi AG Motor we are so sorry

I and all the staff apologies for the incompetence's on our site we are so sorry will attend to it soon, if not send you VIN and your email contact to my DM

Those whom we most love are often the most alien to us therefore our customers specifies themselves as being alien to us but they aren't...

I halts A6 diesel deliveries after admitting new emissions problems that surprising but I took a great measure to ensure the progress of Audi and restore its prestige after being disdained by all due to attitude of before CEO

HVDC converter station maybe?

siemens.jpg

b578e79ecaacbc82_800x800ar.jpg

Whatever it is, there must be some serious physical loads on it - that's a crazy amount of rebar.
Cell evaporators?

• Helpful
Reactions: Mobius484
1) Russia doesn't have the rule of law but the rule of Putin. To bypass Constitutional term limits he may become President of a Union State of Russia and Belarus.

2) Russia doesn't belong to the EU. Exporting from Russia to the EU would mean paying 10% tariff into the EU. Savings in shipping isn't worth the effort. Tesla will build GF4 inside EU tariff Fortress. Cheap = Poland. Cheaper = Romania or Bulgaria. Not further East.

3) Russia exports more fossil fuels than Saudi Arabia. They stand to lose the most from Tesla killing fossil fuels and may be one of a handful of countries to benefit from global warming.

I was going to post a very similar reply.

Basically Russia is NOT part of Europe in an economic sense. Mainly just geographically.

I am 100% certain GF4 will be built in the EU. Where is anyone's guess. The Netherlands, Germany or Eastern Europe is my best guess.

Don't worry, we will all be back to our normal, political, off topic selves soon enough I'm sure. LOL!

Dan
How many of you can read this forum but can't Google "TSLA"? Commenting on intra-day moves without context might be on topic but what does it bring to the table?

Update_1: now up +3.67 pre-market
Update_2: same price, looks stable now
Update_3: only +3.54 now but still green
Update_4: +3.02 now, where is it going? Who knows?

Last edited:
How many of you can read this forum but can't Google "TSLA"? Commenting on intra-day moves without context might be on topic but what does it bring to the table?

Update_1: now up +3.67 pre-market
Think how incredibly useful if the SP was listed right next to the date and tie stamp when reviewing old forum posts. Along, perhaps, with the dates and concise, one-line summaries of P & D and earnings reports on the days they happened.

Yes, EV-CPO is notorious for stricyly following what Tesla wants to show and that is only a very limited selection of what is available. Move to any of the other trackers to get a better feel for inventory. But I must admit that I don't really follow Switzerland. Being out of the EU zone may make a difference? Over here, it's fairly trivial to get a car delivered next week if you order this week. For example the last delivery report in the Dutch subsection is from a guy who ordered July 5th and will pick up tomorrow for a blue AWD with hitch.

Is tow hitch the sticking point?

edit : worldwide there are about 15 000 Model 3s in inventory.
It feels like you're trying to make the point that there is too much inventory - that cars are easy to get quickly because Tesla is not supply limited and inventory is piling up. Is that in fact your point?

The cumulative model 3's manufactured as of Q2 update letter was 291,173 while the cumulative deliveries was 276,098 so you are correct that there were 15,075 model 3's in inventory worldwide at the beginning of July. But here is the context for that:

We don't have sales numbers for model 3, but a proxy for that (which is pretty much guaranteed to underestimate it) would be:
Q2 sales = Q2 deliveries + Q2 in-transit - Q1 in-transit = 77,500 + 6028 - 8586 = 74,942 model 3 sales for Q2. Here I'm using 81% of total in-transit for each quarter since model 3 made up about 81% of total deliveries in each quarter. Q2 had 91 days, so model 3 sold 823 cars per day. With 6028 cars in-transit the "available for sale" inventory world-wide was 15,075 - 6028 = 9,047 but about 1,500 (my estimate) of those were aboard the GMT Astro bound for Tianjin, so only 7,547 were on-the ground. Realistically Tesla probably should keep at least 200 model 3's around for test drives so really only 7,347 should really be "available". That is less than 9 days of sales which is really too low of a number. Just looking at the whole 15,075 inventory that is 18.3 days of sales in the world-wide distribution pipeline, meaning that the curve of inventory/sales-rate that Tesla presented in the Q1 letter has fallen substantially to it's lowest level in years.

If you are still worried about Tesla's inventory anyway then you should think that all other car maker's are on death's doorstep since they have much, much greater available-for-sale inventory/sales-rate than Tesla does.

Tesla does have an inventory problem. They don't have enough inventory because they are supply limited. The pipeline is underfilled, almost empty actually.

George Miner on Twitter

“Thank you Elon Musk and everyone at Tesla. Our model 3 was rear ended yesterday by someone going ~65 mph while we were just starting to move with stopped highway traffic. My two kids in the back are completely fine and my wife and I are just a little sore. You saved us”

View attachment 429738
View attachment 429737

The rear glass didn't even break!

So much for Munro's belief that Tesla doesn't know how to design a "proper" trunk!

1) Russia doesn't have the rule of law but the rule of Putin. To bypass Constitutional term limits he may become President of a Union State of Russia and Belarus.

2) Russia doesn't belong to the EU. Exporting from Russia to the EU would mean paying 10% tariff into the EU. Savings in shipping isn't worth the effort. Tesla will build GF4 inside EU tariff Fortress. Cheap = Poland. Cheaper = Romania or Bulgaria. Not further East.

3) Russia exports more fossil fuels than Saudi Arabia. They stand to lose the most from Tesla killing fossil fuels and may be one of a handful of countries to benefit from global warming.
I fear the day Putin decides EVs are a threat to the Russian economy. Market manipulation and FUD are nothing compared to a (de facto) dictator who solves his problems with Novichok perfume and polonium cocktails.

I make a real effort to read all the posts before replying. I often find that my reply isn't needed.
Diito.

My methodology:

1) Right click "Reply", and open in new tab
2) Continue reading main thread
3) Delete those reply tabs as I see my point already made (80% of the time)
4) Reach end of main thread
5) Compose replies in new tabs
6) Optional: Apologize for responding during trading hours to a post made over the weekend (like now)

Russia now ranks 31 (out of 190 countries) in the "Ease of doing business" survey. China is #46. Russia would love to produce Teslas and they are much less likely to steal our tech.

One Electric Vehicle Is Outselling All The Others Combined — Forbes

The compact Tesla Model 3 is not only the most popular electric vehicle in the industry, over the first six months of 2019 the automaker delivered more of them to customers than all the other EVs sold in the U.S. put together. According to data compiled by the website InsideEVs.com, 67,650 Model 3s were sold from January through June. That’s considerably higher than the 24,367 units that were delivered during the same period in 2018. An impressive 21,225 Model 3s were sold in June alone.

Not bad considering there is a huge demand problem.