Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What triggered this run-up? The Neuralink news?

There was a huge disparity between the way Tesla was portrayed by the "experts" in the media and financial analysts and what was happening on the ground. When that disparity became obvious, even to an idiot, people realized they had been fooled.

Last edited:
synopsis please..?
I see that there's something on Electrek, but I don't give Fred the views.

[edited to add]
Okay, curl and less:

Tesla came up in an interview he did last week with Handelszeitung about his former boss Lee Iacocca, who recently passed, and Lutz didn't miss the opportunity to make sure people know he still thinks Tesla is doomed:

The fate of Tesla is sealed. The situation is almost hopeless given the losses they are currently writing. Demand has given away. Tesla had 400,000 pre-orders for the Model 3. In fact, they only sold 80,000 or 90,000 of them, and they have trouble selling more. The Model S is now ten years old, and sales are sluggish.

Interesting how all the care bears and shorts have gone silent...it's almost like they only show up when the stock is going down to try and create more fear. (yes I know they always do this and this has been the pattern over the last 5 years on here!)
Maybe somebody should start posting to their favorite thread(s) some suggestions like:
"Please hold the bag, it is too early to get out at this SP".
Yeah, they deserve this taunting.

• Love
Reactions: Thumper and humbaba
synopsis please..?
A quote from Electrek's story...

'Tesla came up in an interview he did last week with Handelszeitung about his former boss Lee Iacocca, who recently passed, and Lutz didn’t miss the opportunity to make sure people know he still thinks Tesla is doomed:

“The fate of Tesla is sealed. The situation is almost hopeless given the losses they are currently writing. Demand has given away. Tesla had 400,000 pre-orders for the Model 3. In fact, they only sold 80,000 or 90,000 of them, and they have trouble selling more. The Model S is now ten years old, and sales are sluggish. It’s the same picture for the Model X, the SUV with the wing doors – that’s an ugly vehicle anyway. Tesla will have about a year until each of the big global auto companies has its own fleet of electric vehicles on offer. These cars will be as good or even better than Tesla’s.”'

Bob Lutz goes after Tesla with lies again - Electrek

Edit: To Fred's credit, here's some of "Electrek's Take"...

"Electrek’s Take
Why you have to lie Bob? I get it. You don’t like that Tesla got all the credit for launching the electric revolution while you helped with the Volt at GM, but is it really worth ruining your legacy by spending your years of retirement bashing Tesla?

Tesla only sold 80,000 to 90,000 Model 3 vehicles? That’s a plain lie. Tesla delivered over 145,000 Model 3 vehicles in 2018 alone and it is on pace to deliver twice that this year."

Last edited:
Maybe somebody should start posting to their favorite thread(s) some suggestions like:
"Please hold the bag, it is too early to get out at this SP".
Yeah, they deserve this taunting.

It would be more effective to tell them how great the FSD program is coming along, how many trillions of dollars it will be worth and how they should buy TSLA now before it's too late.

Only this way will they continue to hold their short positions into financial Armageddon. :D

hard to figure if this is real or a photoshop, but as posed this isn't just a problem for an autonomous vehicle.

Khalil Amar on Twitter

I hate to jinx it, but has the FUD slowed down lately? Has someone given up or switched sides? Or have Yahoo and Google fixed their TSLA news algorithms? Usually when I look up TSLA on Google or Yahoo Finance, I see a bunch of ridiculous FUD headlines from SA and BI. Now the top 4 stories on Yahoo are positive (as they should be)...

upload_2019-7-15_16-23-58.png