Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call me a creature of habit, dry powder available ready for the obligatory SP drop following the ER call. :)

I expect a slight pop in after hours maybe morning too, then the classic FUD that follows. So I'm planning on pocketing a few so I even GET MORE TSLA next week. Counting on FUD to help me out. Big time gap ahead with nothing happening. If the news is shakey, it could be a rough ride. Anything possible here.

Feel free to bid just below my price to beat me to it. Besides, I just see these as some I bought below $200. But make no mistake, my average is still about $300. However, I already lost that money (on paper only) and soon to return ;)

Any input on the numbers I picked would be appreciated. If I don't sell, that's OK too. And if it pops to 375 this week, I'm golden!

7-24-2019 10-54-17 AM.png

Why do people keeping putting faith in Ihors numbers??? He's been proven wrong multiple times. Like you mentioned, there's no way 2.4 million shares were covered yesterday when you consider the price gain and volume for the day.

Short version - as bad as his numbers are, his methodology is superior to any other publicly available methodology, resulting in him being able to say things about the short interest that is ~2 weeks more current than any other data we have available.

Every couple of weeks, we get real numbers published that are themselves 2 weeks out of date, and Ihor's data gets adjusted up and down to account for those updates.

This is one reason to be very cautious about any numbers people report about short status - the data for the market is (MHO) intentionally obfuscated and delayed, with the willing agreement of the market regulators, primarily for the benefit of the short side of the trade. Real data could be reported daily, maybe with a couple of days delay or updates due to settlement delay, if the market makers and regulators wanted it to be. Organizations and individuals with significant short positions could be reported rather than self-reported. Don't hold your breath - take Ihor's numbers as the best we've got, and realize that multi-million updates occur with some frequency.

The goodness is that sometimes, he's right on. (And by he, I refer to the company he works for, rather Ihor as an individual)

Lots of stuff happening today. ARK Invest is having their 'Big Ideas Summit 2019' presentation today as well:

View attachment 433592

Egads, the ARK Summit begins a half hour before the regular market close leading into the earnings report of their #1 holding, Tesla. But far more importantly and discombobulating, the Cub-Giant baseball game begins a quarter hour before the market close. ;)

41.2°C in Bordeaux today, hottest since records began. We're expecting the same record to fall tomorrow in Belgium too.

Normally we'd be so happy to get some warm, sunny weather here, but it's unbearable with the humidity and for people that are used to 22-26°C most of the summer...

Totally a coincidence, not global warming.

/s

The new wiring design patent seems much less likely to be used for Model Y. Does anyone recall Elon talking about less wiring after changing his mind about building Y on a new platform in August 2017? I think this new wiring will more likely be introduced with the Pickup.

I strongly believe that the new wiring design is going to go in incrementally. Each component has to be redesigned to work with the new wiring. The master board probably already has been redesigned to allow for the new wiring connections, but they have to redesign one subsystem at a time. It's quite possible that the new wiring will be going to the headlights long before it goes to the rear trunk switch, for example.

Totally a coincidence, not global warming.

/s

Half the evening news was about the heat wave, and a new record for Belgium, 39.9 degrees Celsius.
Tomorrow the fresh record will most likely be broken.

Not a single word on the news about what might be the root cause of this heat wave.

Edit: In the Netherlands the record from 1994 was broken: 39.3 degrees.
Edit2: I mistyped, the record was from 1944.

Last edited:
Everyone is worried how truck folks are gonna perceive electric pickups, but I want to see the reaction of my wine tasting, khaki wearing, Python coding, turtleneck adoring Silicon Valley brethren when I pull in to downtown Palo Alto taking up 2 car spaces in my quiet, tree hugging, sun loving, all electric Tesla Pickup truck.

Their brains will explode from the incongruity. :D

The suspense is killing me! How can I work on this stuff with all what's happening today?
Half the evening news was about the heat wave, and a new record for Belgium, 39.9 degrees Celsius.
Tomorrow the fresh record will most likely be broken.

Not a single word on the news about what might be the root cause of this heat wave.

I think it's the sun, it's really hot there.

This will negatively impact the 2019 vintage.

Interestingly, French wines are higher in alcohol content compared to the past based on the warmer weather, perhaps longer growing season too, leading to more sugar in the grapes, ergo, more alcohol after fermentation.

At least this is what I was told by a person who I consider quite an expert on the matter.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
So apparently there's no more FSD or Enhanced Autopilot on any CPO Teslas:

No more FSD for any "CPO" Teslas

There's speculation in that thread that they're just testing what the value of FSD/Enhanced Autopilot are in the market, but I did notice that all AP 1.0 vehicles that previously had Autopilot still currently have 'Autopilot with convenience features' still listed on them.

Pure speculation here, but I think that there's a small possibility that Tesla believes the value of Full Self Driving (based off of increased/improved feature set) is going to increase somewhat significantly in the near future, and that's why they have removed it from all CPO Tesla's they currently have on hand.

AP (down sized EAP) is included in new cars, and FSD will require service $$$ to swap, so rebaselineing and charging for the upgrade makes sense.

I strongly believe that the new wiring design is going to go in incrementally. Each component has to be redesigned to work with the new wiring. The master board probably already has been redesigned to allow for the new wiring connections, but they have to redesign one subsystem at a time. It's quite possible that the new wiring will be going to the headlights long before it goes to the rear trunk switch, for example.

No reason to make multiple change overs due to phase in. The component level will be the main and nodal control units that then fan out to the end devices. Headlights and switches can still be connected via standard wire harness.

Interestingly, French wines are higher in alcohol content compared to the past based on the warmer weather, perhaps longer growing season too, leading to more sugar in the grapes, ergo, more alcohol after fermentation.

At least this is what I was told by a person who I consider quite an expert on the matter.

One of the Champagne farmers I visited commented on my Tesla that I should have gotten there with a diesel instead, since that causes global warming, which would improve his crops. I couldn’t tell if he was serious or joking.

The Champagne region is one of the most northern wine regions in Europe. Interestingly, Belgium, which is even more northern, is producing more and more (good) wine the last few years, due to global warming.