Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any potential competitors to worry about yet. Tesla is so far ahead of any other EV maker they simply don't have any significant competitors. So I don't see this as a net positive in any realistic scenario.

Thus side bonus and lame moat.
Given Audi's supply issues with LG Chem earlier this year, Tesla being a willing customer for the raw goods seems like it could ramp up the pressure and LG Chem's negotiating position (assuming the etron has demand to fill).
Report: Battery shortages lead to Audi E-tron production delays

Reactions: Lessmog
I should have been more specific. Our experiences might differ drastically out of various reasons. Here in Switzerland the roads in general are narrower and turn a lot. This applies to freeways as well. We might have different regulations which do not allow Teslas AP to perform to the max.

The AP I have in our MS85D is only useful in more or less straight stretches of freeways. As soon as the road begins to turn AP can,t handle highway speeds. Lane keeping is still like a novice, drunken driver, lane changes are OK.
Tunnels are a pure horror, ghost braking every now and then. It almost never handles separators..

Fleet learning: what a joke, for years I drive along a lake, when the road goes straight, and there is the possibility to turn right into the village, every time I have to yank the steering to get it to go straight...and various other similar situations. It never learned !

AP in the M3 is even worse in every aspect. Lane changes are super slow, ghost braking even more often and more accentuated.

So: Compared to that the Volvo handles said situations flawless, since day one. Lane keeping is much more natural. You can take the wheel and nudge the car into a position in the lane which you prefer, without disengaging Pilot Assist.
Never ever had any ghost braking or almost crashes into a divider.

I am frustrated, that the progress of AP (at least for us) is just not there. For me the Volvo, now, leads by a wide margin.

Therefore my opinion, that TESLA is not the only one out there with a solution that works.

I‘m an investor in TSLA since the IPO and customer since 2009 (forgot to mention the Roadster Sig Edition). I follow the stock and the firm very closely. I think it would add to the discussion to also let critical voices to be heard. This board has become more and more one sided. Not every critical voice is a troll. I have been around here longer than most of you, meaning I see when things change.
Yes and while I‘m at it, the service issues here in Switzerland are real and not acceptable. Europe is a different beast, and the Californian way might just be a cul de sac. PM me if you‘d want to hear first hand experience.

I followed the whole first part of what you said. I suspect the recent EU/UN regulations are a big part of the problem there.

BUT, I never called you a troll or anything else. If you read that in what I said, I would suggest you try to accept more critical voices of your viewpoint.

For several days in a row now we've seen personal attacks between members. Heated discussions are not an excuse to call others troll, care bear or fanboy. It is not acceptable and in violation of TMC policy. Any more posts of this kind will be removed and may carry consequences.
lol let me guess: trolls send a bunch of reports of a couple posts calling them out so u feel the need to come to the defense of long-time trolls. Hey, they claim in defense of their constant trolling that they're really just concerned investors, now being 'harassed' for simply harassing TSLA investors with FUD waves for years. Weird place.

25% duties on American autos starting on 15 Dec.

Tesla will be producing in Shanghai then. Even if they were late, they have months to frontload imports.
If the gap between pre-new-tariff and GF3 Model 3 deliveries were to be small, Tesla should just redirect China deliveries until GF3 is churning them out. Or, as you say, stockpile starting now.

If the gap between pre-new-tariff and GF3 Model 3 deliveries were to be small, Tesla should just redirect China deliveries until GF3 is churning them out. Or, as you say, stockpile starting now.

The neat thing is that this could actually create a pullforward effect (e.g. "Price hike after 3 1/2 months"), which is just what Tesla needs right now due to GF3 osbourning its demand in China for vehicles produced at Fremont. Particularly, a pullforward on higher-end vehicles (S, X, M3P) which won't be produced locally regardless.

25% duties on American autos starting on 15 Dec.

Tesla will be producing in Shanghai then. Even if they were late, they have months to frontload imports.
They could frontload - assuming they can increase sales rather than inventory - because it has inventory & cash flow implications.

S&X deliveries in China would be ~4k to ~5k. Probably similar number of Premium 3s per quarter. Those 10k cars will increase inventory by 500M and reduce cash flow by the same amount.

In the longer term, Tesla might start making premium 3s in China too.

I followed the whole first part of what you said. I suspect the recent EU/UN regulations are a big part of the problem there.

BUT, I never called you a troll or anything else. If you read that in what I said, I would suggest you try to accept more critical voices of your viewpoint.

I did not call you out, I stated this in a general way which I still think is a valid point. It is a trend that critical voices get flak immediatly. I get that you are happy with your MS and AP, but do not generalise.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
How is the new Diesel gate stuff not huge news? Come on, Tesla has one tiny news item come out and it's all over.

That's not as big of a deal, it's their ability to distort democracy and enable death and misery through extra pollution.

Agreed. The diesel gate stuff should be front page news. You get caught for cheating, and in your fix, you implement another cheat? Shouldn't this be all over the media?

lol let me guess: trolls send a bunch of reports of a couple posts calling them out so u feel the need to come to the defense of long-time trolls. Hey, they claim in defense of their constant trolling that they're really just concerned investors, now being 'harassed' for simply harassing TSLA investors with FUD waves for years. Weird place.

Sure is hard to be a mod... with the banning of @neroden, mods got flak for not allowing any kind of negative discussion about tesla. Now, you're giving them flak for defending long-time trolls?

Mods are doing the best they can... but it's impossible to please everyone.