Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard the SEC is going to require Trump’s tweets to be screened by team of lawyers in future under threat of him being forbidden from holding office in a public company. Doesn’t apply to the Federal Government unfortunately....
“It’s almost like the administration was expecting the Fed to announce a rate cut at the Jackson hole meeting. And since Powell did not deliver, he went to defcon 5.
Dow drops more than 400 points after Trump orders US companies to look for 'alternative to China'

Reactions: traxila
After investing in 2009 $50 million (1/2 subsequently laid off to Abu Dhabi H2O Dept.) in Tesla, Daimler negotiated a 4 year exclusive (JV) rights deal with Tesla for new technology. Daimler then bought battery packs and drive trains for a variety of vehicles, including the SmartEV 4Two, Models A & B EVs, and Freightliner Trucks.
Daimler had a good look at Tesla's technology at least through 2013, including two different Directors on TSLA's board who presumably were privy to inside information on the economics

Well, that's the formal part but lets look at direct sources: Elon said that Daimler has "no clue" and from what I hear in Germany thats likely indeed the case. When Elon went to Daimler to make them invest they did not want to and they sold their stake later while now others like VW CEO Diess would love to have a stake in Tesla.

Daimler did not have access to technology other than what Tesla want them to give which is like the open patents. Either ist not strategically relevant or so hard to copy that Tesla can open it without any risk.

Some parts of the engineering Tesla never talks about are essential like the "magic bottle" that enables a cooling together with a genius design of the battery and a BMS that no one so far could copy and is to a large portion responsible for the efficiency, longevity, fast charging and long range.

Daimler is doing pretty much what BMW is doing and although on paper they have a new ground up design the reality shows us that they fall short in efficiency and do not care about charging infrastructure. Without the unions and worker pressing for BEVs the management of Daimler would still not invest. When Zetsche left he said loud and clear that the good times are over and all challenges are ahead.

However, I always hoping to be wrong with my negative view but at least since I follow them which is 2012 they never surprised me positively.

I guess I should say "Thanks Trump" o_O

I'll have more funds to buy with at the very end of this month and have been hoping to be able to buy shares in the 210-215 range. Looks like I might be able to buy more even closer to 200/share. The Tesla drop makes zero sense. As other pointed out, the new tariffs by the Chinese almost seem like they're tailoring them to not cause Tesla harm.

While I'm not expecting it, I would not be surprised to see China give a tariff exemption to the MP3, S, and X by saying since they are EV with a large amount of range, they are essential to Chinese emission goals.

lol let me guess: trolls send a bunch of reports of a couple posts calling them out so u feel the need to come to the defense of long-time trolls. Hey, they claim in defense of their constant trolling that they're really just concerned investors, now being 'harassed' for simply harassing TSLA investors with FUD waves for years. Weird place.

Weird place where opinions from someone with 765 shares are mocked as trolling.

aug23opri.png

Right now, TSLA is at the mercy of the broader markets. If what we're seeing with NASDAQ down 2.24% is the bottom, then market makers will have a shot at raising TSLA to 215 for the close and avoid paying off all those 215 puts. Fingers crossed but not holding breath.

Same! Although, I have been trying to save for my trip to Scotland beginning the 10th of next month, all these low stock prices have been tempting me to have a leaner vacation, haha.

I’m no seer, but I’m betting this will get closer to $200 than $230 in the short term due to macros. Unbelievable that everyone’s portfolio is so dependent on one crazy ego.

It’s cuckoo to read people who are supposedly long cheering on both SP drops and rises at the same time. At least take some profits through short term trades.

I’m no seer, but I’m betting this will get closer to $200 than $230 in the short term due to macros.

It’s cuckoo to read people who are supposedly long cheering on both SP drops and rises at the same time. At least take some profits through short term trades.

I've been pretty consistent for the past eh year or so that I'm in full on accumulation mode at these price levels. If the market isn't going to value Tesla fairly, I'm sure going to take advantage of that as much as possible.

Okay. Just curious, at what price range do you plan to stop accumulating?

Right now, if the stock would have rallied back to the 250-260 range, I would have held off on buying more and started buying more of other stocks that I want to increase my stake in. But anything under 230 to me right now is automatic. Nothing else I'm investing in comes close to the potential of value appreciation in Tesla and the risk/reward is actually very appealing to me.....as in I don't see much risk in buying Tesla shares at these prices.

My price range for buys will likely go up as I see more progress on production/margins and Giga 3 in Sept/Oct.

Edit: Just to clarify, if I had not been accumulating my position in Tesla over the past 3 years and say just had a small position, I would be a lot more aggressive with my buying and the price range at which I would buy. If I was just starting out my position in Tesla, my buy range right now would easily be all the way up to 300/share, if not more.