Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They still haven't made it available in the US? I guess it's a recognition of how much more demand there is for towing with sedans in Europe than in the US... but I still hope you guys get it soon.

Argh, come on, Tesla, you missed a perfect opportunity!

View attachment 449440

Hmmm. Maybe it is available in the US but I don’t think it is in Canada. I actually didn’t know it was available in Europe. I follow Tesla somewhat but am not an owner so probably not up on everything. Luv the cars though.

Hmmm. Maybe it is available in the US but I don’t think it is in Canada. I actually didn’t know it was available in Europe. I follow Tesla somewhat but am not an owner so probably not up on everything. Luv the cars though.

I just checked - not available in the US or Canada, only Europe. Hopefully that changes. If it were available, you'd see it in the bottom right on this page:

upload_2019-9-2_13-26-15.png

Until then, people in the US and Canada at least have EcoHitches. :)

I just checked - not available in the US or Canada, only Europe. Hopefully that changes. If it were available, you'd see it in the bottom right on this page:

View attachment 449444

Until then, people in the US and Canada at least have EcoHitches. :)

I would think that a hitch here would be a small demand lever. Utility trailers, fishing boats, small tent trailers. Maybe it’s a DOT thing.

See my footer ;)!

So, beyond the three realtime countries (NL+NO+ES, which combined are surging... mainly driven by NL), we now have one more - Sweden (7,7% of EU sales last quarter... expected less now that RHD is started)

Q2: 559/336/819
Q3: 576/324/?
QoQ (monthly): +3%/-4%/?
QoQ (total): -0,6% (basically even)

Keep on keeping on! :)

Lol, I thought Norse was a Germanic language, so yes? ;)

But Bjørn is clearly Thai...

Cheers!

Old Norse was part of the North Germanic language family, yes. The main point I was getting at was I was curious whether you were using Bjørn to be just a name (e.g. "Teslabjørn"), or whether you were aware that bjørn** means "bear" in Nordic languages. It sounds like the former, and the fact that it was a picture of a literal bear was just an amusing coincidence? :)

** Icelandic declension: Hér er björn, um björn, frá birni, til bjarnar / Hér eru birnir, um birni, frá björnum, til bjarna

Old Norse was part of the North Germanic language family, yes. The main point I was getting at was I was curious whether you were using Bjørn to be just a name (e.g. "Teslabjørn"), or whether you were aware that bjørn** means "bear" in Nordic languages. It sounds like the former, and the fact that it was a picture of a literal bear was just an amusing coincidence? :)

OT: isbjørnen*** r us. ;)

"Arctic Dodger"

Ursus_maritimus_Steve_Amstrup.jpg

*** Cute, fuzzy, harmless unless provoked.

** Icelandic declension: Hér er björn, um björn, frá birni, til bjarnar / Hér eru birnir, um birni, frá björnum, til bjarna

'murican declansion:
  • thar's a bar
  • ware?
  • over thar!

Last edited:
Here's another Tesla accident in Europe with a fatality (in the other car). Went into oncoming traffic. Unclear if autopilot was involved. Let's see if this gets reported in the mainstream press. I'm trying to keep a track of these to see when the mainstream press stops reporting on Tesla accidents. There were two accidents last weekend, with a fatality in one in the other car. Those did not make the mainstream press. So it appears to be a good sign. Makes sense too. Why should Tesla accidents be singled out when there are thousands of car accidents a day? Though they will probably still keep reporting autopilot accidents and fires.

Fatal Accident: Tesla crashes into oncoming traffic - one dies | Nordkurier.de

Here's a car park fire in Cork Ireland that burned 60 cars and did millions in damage:

Up to 60 cars scorched in ‘accidental’ Cork car park blaze

I can tell it was started by an old-fashioned ICE vehicle because it hasn't made international news. :rolleyes: