Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch the Porsche Taycan make a 0-90-0 test run on the USS Hornet flight deck – TechCrunch

Porsche marketing is working hard and doing good work. It just keeps coming. Tesla should have done more stuff like this.

upload_2019-9-2_11-18-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-2_11-17-39.png
    upload_2019-9-2_11-17-39.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 50
Here's another Tesla accident in Europe with a fatality (in the other car). Went into oncoming traffic. Unclear if autopilot was involved. Let's see if this gets reported in the mainstream press. I'm trying to keep a track of these to see when the mainstream press stops reporting on Tesla accidents. There were two accidents last weekend, with a fatality in one in the other car. Those did not make the mainstream press. So it appears to be a good sign. Makes sense too. Why should Tesla accidents be singled out when there are thousands of car accidents a day? Though they will probably still keep reporting autopilot accidents and fires.

Fatal Accident: Tesla crashes into oncoming traffic - one dies | Nordkurier.de

If you are really concerned about the mainstream press picking up on these incidents and blowing them out of proportion, then maybe you should stop posting every incident here. This thread gets attention.

It's been improving really quickly; I guess you didn't see the earlier versions.

One does need to realize that Smart Summon in its current form is:
  • Not designed to read signs / follow traffic rules, beyond "don't hit anyone / anything and try to stay in the driving areas."
  • Not designed to park at its destination; it goes where you tell it to, then stops.
Once you realize and accept that this is what it is in its current version, it actually does a pretty good job. Much better than it used to. And is vastly beyond everyone else's nonexistent summon feature ;)

Yeah, still a lot of uncertainty about the timing of the recurve, even though there's a lot of confidence in the general path.

AL05_2019090200_ECENS_0-120h.png

AL05_2019090200_GEFS_0-120h.png

Normally stalling would sap a storm of energy, as a hurricane cools the waters under it. But Dorian is entering the Gulf Stream; there's no shortage of fresh warm water moving into his location. :Þ

It's a shame that hurricane mediation isn't as advanced as, say, asteroid deflection. :Þ (I still think Musk should donate one of the early Starship prototypes that survives testing but becomes obsoleted (as we know SpaceX will be iterating quickly) for asteroid deflection.... great PR, and a very practical step for someone worried about safeguarding Earth from future threats)

My My...as well read as you are Karen I am surprised you did not know about "nuking hurricanes"
Apparently it is a real idea from a brilliant man/S

If you are really concerned about the mainstream press picking up on these incidents and blowing them out of proportion, then maybe you should stop posting every incident here. This thread gets attention.
I don't know. This is widely posted on twitter and stocktwits, which is more popular than TMC. Press is gonna find out about it regardless if it's on TMC. I think it's better to be on top of it than ignore it. I don't think we can really influence whether the mainstream press publishes this stuff by talking about it on TMC, but I do think by keeping track of it that we can gain a valuable data point. But I will respect the crowd wisdom, and keep it to myself in the future.

I don't know. This is widely posted on twitter and stocktwits, which is more popular than TMC. Press is gonna find out about it regardless if it's on TMC. I think it's better to be on top of it than ignore it. I don't think we can really influence whether the mainstream press publishes this stuff by talking about it on TMC, but I do think by keeping track of it that we can gain a valuable data point. But I will respect the crowd wisdom, and keep it to myself in the future.

You know what really ticks me off about the press coming here and taking my comments ?
They never pay me my royalties !

Last edited:
They do drive in and out of a home garage but public parking version isn't released yet.

I don’t think anyone is surprised that others are working on such features(notably, from reading the description, this was a demo of a joint venture between those companies and that particular airport). The question is how close they are to releasing an actual product that’s capable of navigating random parking lots, with cross/foot traffic, in the wild. Even if they had released what they show there, it’s still only a single location, in a highly controlled environment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Ahaha, no.

I asked my wife about his Thai. "Not bad." But what a tour de force in so many languages. During my last sabbatical in the 80s spent in Russia for language study, I learned the word for someone who speaks only one language: American.

That is not true, of course, for people north and south of our land borders.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 9.58.32 AM.png

Source: Tesla Revenue 2009-2019 | TSLA

Going to be an interesting Q3-Q4/2019 End-of-Q and Earnings report. About 3 times has there been a significant jump in revenue between Q2->Q3 (w/ a follow-along stock price movement):

2012: Model S (at production scale) - Stock price jumps Q2/Q3 - 2013 (a year after Tesla proved consistent production)
2016: Model X (at production scale) - Stock price jumps Q1/Q2 - 2017 (6-months after Tesla proved consistent production)
2018: Model 3 (at production scale) - Stock price jumps Q4 - 2018 (a year after Tesla proved consistent production)

This is the first time where Tesla has incorporated a completely new factory, China, as a jump step increase in production (while continuous production improvements in the current factories) for a current and existing product. GF1 was batteries. GF2 was for solar roof + solar. At first, Tesla houses for a specific model or product (or set of)...then seems to mix in other products, if possible. Happy to be incorrect, just a perspective. Think this factory is going to show production and cost efficiencies that haven't been seen with other factories that have come online.

Last edited by a moderator: