Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe not needed, but that cedes the lower price market to other sellers. And I think buyers deserve a Tesla (safety, AP, FSD, etc.) as an option. I'm not that familiar with Finland, but if you don't have driving needs outside of Helsinki then I'd think that an SR+ is very viable range-wise.

Looking forward to those "lower price market" options, not seeing them right now TBH

A Taycan article written by someone who owns a Model 3. The gist is simple, the Taycan is NOT a Tesla competitor but expands EV landscape choices.

The 2020 Porsche Taycan: The Empire Strikes Back

"If trackability, reliability, solidity, touchpoints and feel don't matter to you, there's a company based in Fremont with the perfect alternative. I bought my Model 3 for very different reasons. Emotion was one, Autopilot was the other. I wanted the future, and for years only Tesla sold it. Now, clickbait-writers, idiots and shills will want to debate whether or not the Taycan is a Tesla Killer, but it's obviously not. Does the Taycan compete directly with a Model 3? An X? An S? No. No. And no."

It's not someone it's Alex Roy, his opinion matters in auto industry

I don't want to take this conversation too much into Brexit - but a lot of people (including Labor) are playing all sorts of games.

Purely in terms of who gets benefitted most - Boris by calling immediate election and Corbyn by avoiding a no deal and having an election later.
@KarenRei So, atleast for now, Boris's bill is defeated as Labor doesn't support it.

Labor's preference would be to block no-deal Brexit (and thus push the deadline to Jan) and then have the election.

In SP news - with no particular news I can find - $4 increase in SP in the last hour on high volume.

It looks like some people don’t like that run up.

Whenever Tesla does a run up, I just wait for the bunches of sell orders to come in. It's never one big sell order...its always in bunches to make the most impact. At this point I bought the shares i was going to buy with the additional funds yesterday. I'm all for massive run up now

Looking forward to those "lower price market" options, not seeing them right now TBH
Its been a while since I looked up what the actual selling price for a Leaf was, but IIRC it was around $25k and potentially as low as $20k. Unfortunately I don't remember, and can't find, the site I used. It was very informative with plots showing the price curve. The Leaf was, in the US at least, typically sold well under MSRP. All I can find now shows a negligible difference between MSRP and market price.

[edit: looks like maybe it was Car Prices, Owner Reviews & Inventory | New & Used Cars | TrueCar -- new Leafs appear to be sold at nearly MSRP while the Bolt has nearly $10k knocked off the price. And, with EV incentives, it can get downright cheap for a new car. Sadly, its still a Bolt.]

Last edited:
Whenever Tesla does a run up, I just wait for the bunches of sell orders to come in. It's never one big sell order...its always in bunches to make the most impact. At this point I bought the shares i was going to buy with the additional funds yesterday. I'm all for massive run up now

Indeed. In the beginning 5 short blocks and now again 5 short blocks. Manipulation at it's best.

I didn’t agree with this line:

“Yes, a Tesla Model S P100D will 0-60 faster, but only an idiot will brag about that. ”

At the stoplight, it matters.

But I do think the Porsche will be better at the track.

Actually only idiots will brag about how great their car is on a track when 99% of them will never bring their car to a track....

Last edited:
280a8085048b23f008ab8b1db0add656.png

yanking your deposit - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
The comments are a sobering read... for Porsche.