Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like Tesla has a demand problem THAT big they need to enter the Estonian market. /s

I note the /s, but Tesla is already present in the Estonian market with the Model S/X - so selling the Model 3 too is a no-brainer, assuming they have the production capacity to meet demand.

Even according to TSLAQ logic. :D

Tesla is only ~105,000 deliveries away from hitting 360,000 for the year. With Q4 usually being a stronger quarter for car sales, there should be almost no doubt that Tesla hits that number. If they see that it’s going to be close with a few weeks left, you can bet that they will give relatively significant discounts and/or incentives to comfortably get past that mark.

I’m also on the boat that Tesla will just reiterate 360-400 guidance on the Q3.

Although, I wish they would have been closer to the middle of the final year guidance range ~380,000 with a stronger Q3 delivery number.
Tesla won’t get any pats on the back from the market for just being over 360k.

With only some 1 Qtr remaining, some companies narrow their outlook. To continue with 360k to 400k would mean that Tesla believes Q4 has a range of 105k to 145k deliveries; the outlook is much more narrower than that. My guess is that they announce 370-390. I think they narrow the Q4 delivery range from 40k vehicles to 20k vehicles but do it in a way that keeps the midpoint at 380.

Just as a reminder, today could be the last trading day before Giga Shanghai goes online...

Even if there's good Shanghai news (which is not a given - the GF3 construction timeline was extremely compressed and a few weeks of delay would be well within the margin of error), I'd expect Tesla to withhold any developments for the Q3 earnings report and earnings call on October 23.

Even if there's good Shanghai news (which is not a given - the GF3 construction timeline was extremely compressed and a few weeks of delay would be well within the margin of error), I'd expect Tesla to withhold any developments for the Q3 earnings report and earnings call on October 23.

Eh, I don't think most of us are expecting GF3 to be put into Q3 at all. It's mostly that the two would compound upon the other; GF3 starting productions, and then hopefully a positive Q3?

Eh, I don't think most of us are expecting GF3 to be put into Q3 at all. It's mostly that the two would compound upon the other; GF3 starting productions, and then hopefully a positive Q3?

October is already part of Q4 and has no relevance to Q3 financials, but nevertheless Tesla did disclose new GF3 updates during the Q2 ER, both in the update letter and in the conference call.

And analysts on the call will almost certainly ask about it, so Tesla might as well preempt all those questions.

So I expect them to do so, according to past precedent. Nothing is certain though.

Yesterday's Joe Rogan Experience interview had positive mentions of Tesla too:

(Starting at timestamp 1:10:50)

He also disclosed that he talked to Elon about the Tesla Pickup Truck, and Elon said:

"I sent Elon a picture of a truck and I said hey man this looks f*cking dope, he's like that's not really our truck mmm yeah he said it was his words it "it's more blade runner-esque" that's what he said it's more than that"
The pickup truck picture Joe Rogan sent to Elon was this fan render:

Behance

2cfcbc78909965.5cb31a63b78b2.jpg

Other Tesla bits from Joe Rogan's show is that he tried to get the Solar Roof, but his roof didn't have the right pitch:

"we were going to get the Tesla roof panels but our roof has the wrong pitch for whatever that means out direction yeah so we have another set up another solar panel"​

IMO Tesla should really have blanketed Joe's roof with active tiles even if it's technically an inefficient installation, and discounted the installation price - the PR value would have been enormous ...

Last edited: