Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think FSD revenue will provide a nice boost this quarter but I don't think they will recognize the deferred revenue at anything approaching 66%. There's a lot of future benefit for recognizing it more gradually. It's a tool that can be used to make quarterly results overall more consistent. Wall Street rewards "steady as she goes"..
Tesla has already stated that they plan to recognize $800M of deferred revenue over the next 4 quarters. At least on average that's $200M per quarter, beginning with 2019Q3.

I'm leaning that way as well. Seems risky to call it out by feature rather than total functionality, but that's up to their accountants I suppose.
That's where the CFOs skill comes in. If they need to boost profits in a quarter they could go granular by feature to recognise as much as possible, if not, they could treat it as a package and keep the provision. There's judgement calls in recognising FSD revenue (to a certain extent).

Tesla has already stated that they plan to recognize $800M of deferred revenue over the next 4 quarters. At least on average that's $200M per quarter, beginning with 2019Q3.
Of the total deferred revenue on automotive sales with and without resale value guarantees, we expect to recognize $567.0 million of revenue in the next 12 months.​

This includes close to 250m related to non-EAP/FSD stuff like Superchargers and connectivity. So figure 300-325m for EAP/FSD, or 75-80m per quarter.

They recognized 113m in the first six months of 2019. I figure ~40m of that was EAP/FSD, mostly for Navigate on Autopilot.

Given he is going to install panels instead, I don't think it is a direct efficency issue. It could be the roof is either too shallow /flat to shed water correctly, or too steep to install safely. There are also the internal appearance louvers which could block too much light/ look bad from the ground if installed at the wrong angle.

Get him a bunch of panels and Powerwalls so he can talk about it on his show and get more interest to bump that stock.

IMG_1754.jpg

Today is a cliffhanger. Hedge funds won't likely regain their usual afternoon strength to push down that low as long as volume is high and word of the China meeting results stretches into after hours.

Maybe, but like we're seeing right now, any kind of dip and they are going to jump on it and magnify.

Overall though, it seems like a pretty miserable day for puts and shorties...

Figure $450/kWh installed and you'll be in the ballpark.

Has anyone seen pics of deployed Megapacks yet? I've only seen a few installation pics lately, all were Powerpacks since those projects started a while back.
I believe one just got installed on Nantucket.

Powerpacks were something like $440/kWh, so my hope is that these will be somewhere around $300/W in the very near future. So for each one of these sold today we're likely looking at about $1.3M if they're $435/kWh?

If they got a scaled line up and running in China to produce these the profit would be astronomical in a couple years. Especially considering the number of giga-scale projects that are in the works.