Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it might. Honestly, I'm not very happy about shorties covering now. Those who make a profit may feel incentive to re-enter at higher SP.
Then again, the pockets of big oil are pretty deep regardless of whether they cover or not.

Old money tapped out, yes. New income is coming in. Better to buy at $230 than $260 if you want to keep adding.

If shorties want to ignore GF3 and Y, I'll take it. I'm not too worried about Q3 results.
Get use to it. These vermin are not going away any time soon. They are magots looking for any opportunity to get an easy feeding. Until Tesla has multiple factories running and pumping out millions of vehicles the maggots will spread lies and try to make a few bucks tanking the stock for a few days when they can manipulate it. And when TSLA is a solid money maker they will concentrate on attacking Elon to scare investors. It's just what they do.

All new cars from sometime in October onwards will incorporate the one piece body (or large portions of the body) from the patented stamping machine (vs. the old way of piecing together 74 different parts for just the rear of the car).

It's not a one piece stamping machine, it's a one piece frame casting machine, not for the body.
“multi-directional unibody casting machine for a vehicle frame.”
Tesla Goes Patent Crazy With Huge Casting Machine For Model Y

Some new pictures of the Plaid prototypes doing their rounds on the Ring. On the last picture the red one also features the bigger diiffuser: Tesla Model S Plaid auf dem Nürburgring: Operation Ring-Rekord – nächste Runde

In the German text it says that they want to do a record attempt on Friday, but some rain is expected. It also says the cars will stay for two weeks. Weather on the Nürburgring should get better after Saturday, according to the forecasts.

The cars are supposed to have 800 HP, according to Auto, Motor und Sport.

Last edited:
I don't give a dime to what Wall Street analysts think. Everyone on this forum is smarter than most of those analysts. Elon Musk is pushing very hard, Tesla China is pushing themselves even harder. I think what makes the most sense is, this year, they will try to produce as many as they can using parts from US. Meanwhile they continue to finish the robotic lines and start producing on the lines in Jan 2020. Maybe reach 2k a week in Q2 2020.
The original post i was replying to talked about a "few dozen" vehicles produced out of GF3. Retail investors are not going to be able to counter the media, analysts, negative sentiment among institutionals just by showing off a few dozen vehicles produced out of GF3.

Tesla has to actually show that this second gen production process is not a repeat of the Fremont model 3 ramp by making thousands a week out of GF3.

Some new pictures of the Plaid prototypes doing their rounds on the Ring. On the last picture the red one also features the bigger diiffuser: Tesla Model S Plaid auf dem Nürburgring: Operation Ring-Rekord – nächste Runde

In the German text it says that they want to do a record attempt on Friday, but some rain is expected. It also says the cars will stay for two weeks. Weather on the Nürburgring should get better after Saturday, according to the forecasts.

The cars are supposed to have 800 HP, according to Auto, Motor und Sport.
Cool car. Couldn't help notice the rear skirt near the ground.
All about laminar airflow! It's going to fly.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 4.57.01 PM.png

Steve Eisman is the new $TSLAQ Short Shorts Underwear Model. Default cnbc video for past 3 days ...

Did you lose cell phone connectivity as well? When we periodically lose the Spectrum internet, I just set my Pixel up as a hotspot and all is relatively well... a bit less bandwidth, but still a surprisingly strong connection.

I have a work-provided cellphone plan that my work probably wouldn't look kindly on me using for home personal internet. The rest of my family is on T-Mobile and reception is terrible where I live.

Reactions: wipster
Hey if you convert your ICE car to Natural Gas, can you fill you car at home? Is this an option, for ICE to compete with @Home Charging?

If ICE cars feel gutless to you now (even ones with a V8), converting them to natural gas will make their former gasoline-powered engines feel somewhat spritely! And then we can complain they are not paying road taxes (many states charge road taxes on EV's and/or hybrids).

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Raymond
Bought some Disney stocks. There's really little reason to have Netflix when most already has Amazon and most will sign into Disney. Disney own half of all media, so good luck to all streaming the scraps.
Netflix are clear leaders IMO.

In the U.S., Model 3 delivery time has been updated: P3D 8-10 weeks; SR+ and AWD 6-10 weeks. S/X 4-8 weeks.
UK deliveries are November - winding the wave back?

So, Tesla has now broken its all time stock-run record (9 days), beating the old 8-day record from 24 Jan '13. :) Awesome.

Something changed ... something is cooking. Not saying the SP can't go down again and some may just buy to be able to sell after ER via shorts but we don't see the resilience we have seen before to keep the SP down. Indicator and technicals getting more positive too while the increase we have seen in the last days is pretty steady.

Wow, the upcoming Ford "Mustang inspired SUV" is going to A) be a massive guzzler, B) be expensive, and C) be super-heavy

Electrify America NEWSROOM

"Ford will be releasing its all-new, Mustang-inspired electric SUV, that aims to achieve a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles. The vehicle’s 150kW charging ability will allow very quick charging speeds on Electrify America’s 150 to 350kW network. Ford estimates that its all-new, all-electric Mustang-inspired SUV will be capable to charge up to 47 miles in 10 minutes using Electrify America DC fast chargers,"

Let's do some math:
  • 150000W / (47mi/(1/6 hour) * 6) = 532 Wh/mi
  • 300mi * 0,532 kWh/mi = 160kWh usable. Probably 170-180kWh nominal.
  • Charge rate: 282mph / 453kph

532Wh/mi? Ford hasn't learned a d*mned thing about the importance of streamlining to making a good EV.

Last edited: