Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla was eyeing the absolute "street legal 4-door sedan" Nürburgring record, not just the EV one - but the Porsche Panamera's 7:11 lap record is now a pretty difficult target. (Assuming it was an official record.)

7:11? Pish ;)

upload_2019-10-17_22-39-6.png

So, I'm checking the forecast for the Nürburgring for tomorrow. Looks like the rain is supposed to stop around 2 PM:

Müllenbach, germany Hourly Forecast | Weather Underground | Weather Underground

Any clue how late Tesla can reasonably attempt a record? I'm wondering if there's any chance that the track might dry by then. It'll be fairly windy, though.

After that, it's supposed to rain all weekend. Subsequently, there's non-rainy weather on Monday through Thursday, if Tesla has the track on any of those days. After that, well... that'll be after the earnings call, and I'm really hoping they'd be able to boast about it on the call ;)

So does “can” mean they achieved 7:20? Or they need to do some adjustments to get to 7:20, and they are confident in further adjustments dropping it to 7:05?
So, why not just wait to announce when they do get to 7:05, or any time under 7:11?

That 7:20 tweet effectively confirmed the unofficial timing of Nürburgring track observers, reported the day before. "Can" suggests it wasn't an official lap.

The 7:05 part and the telemetry data disclosed was explaining why they were leaving, it was teasing the next round and was trying to counter the negative narrative of the broken down prototype.

The latest in the brokerage wars: Charles Schwab will allow people to buy fractions of stocks

Does that mean someone could buy half a share of Tesla with no commission?

would lower the barrier for smaller investors

That reminds me of the "March of Dimes" when I was young. We kids were asked to donate 10 cents to help cure polio. It worked. :)

In this case it could mean children who want to advance the adoption of alternative energy and electric cars could invest some small amount in a fractional share of TSLA. Who knows, the total may be somewhat significant. And they would probably become very long term investors who keep buying a little more until they have a meaningful number of shares. :cool:

Last edited:
Something changed ... something is cooking. Not saying the SP can't go down again and some may just buy to be able to sell after ER via shorts but we don't see the resilience we have seen before to keep the SP down. Indicator and technicals getting more positive too while the increase we have seen in the last days is pretty steady.

Boogeyman didn't go away, just preparing the next attack.

Some people think their chocolate bars will have a golden ticket this quarter. I might place a sell at $275, it will pull back (nothing's changed really).

Not pessimistic or advise.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhaseWhite
Any clue how late Tesla can reasonably attempt a record? I'm wondering if there's any chance that the track might dry by then. It'll be fairly windy, though.

"Daylight visibility" and "dry track" are the two main constraints I believe. Sunset is around 18:35, but there are hills and woods, so until ~17:00 I'd say. There should be a 2 hour window after 15:00, depending on how much rain falls, and whether the wind will blow leaves on the track.

A patch of wet leaves in a corner:

downloadfile.jpg

not a good thing at 200 km/h ...

They might not have the full circuit the entire day though, as it involves public road closures AFAIK.

"Daylight visibility" and "dry track" are the two main constraints I believe. Sunset is around 18:35, but there are hills and woods, so until ~17:00 I'd say. There should be a 2 hour window after 15:00, depending on how much rain falls, and whether the wind will blow leaves on the track.

A patch of wet leaves in a corner:

not a good thing at 200 km/h ...

They might not have the full circuit the entire day though, as it involves public road closures AFAIK.

Also, what's the temperature? It's probably starting to get cold over there...