Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lora's Supercharger-problem fishing expedition led me to realize something.

Probably the most common Supercharger problem I see reported isn't that chargers (let alone whole stations) are down, but rather, that charge speeds are subpar. While there can be many causes for this, including in the vehicle itself, one common cause (when all chargers are showing the same problem for all vehicles) can be simply that the feed to the station cannot supply enough power.

But Tesla is planning to switch to the use of Powerpack-backed Superchargers. In theory, this entire class of problems should disappear when Tesla does this.
love your statement and with the battery day coming up, I hope they supply the Superchargers within a year and not 5 years from now. No more "promises". Elon put this idea out there since like 2016, time to show up.

Reactions: ccook
sorry but Tesla could with a bit of bad press around the superchargers not being fixed.

stations that I've had to use have been broken for over 3 months, no excuse for that.

had to use this supercharger (PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You) on the way back from a Ohio-NYC road trip (in august) and stall 1 (both 1a and 1b) were broken. Went to plugshare and see it's still not fixed and has been broken since May. This is a busy location too.

$750/kWh. This is a 'high power' system, more like the one in South Australia than the typical 4 hour systems that generally cost ~$500/kWh.
The market for these large-scale energy storage systems, we know, is enormous. There do seem to be several players in the space. Does Tesla, as we would expect, have a leg up due to the same factors as its advantage in the auto space? I.e., BMS, density, cost etc?

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Does anyone think that maybe one of the reasons the Tesla Truck unveil was pushed back to November, was to One More Thing either Plaid Mode or something else?
Perhaps they're just making some sort of changes. No use having the reveal if they're going to change the specs before production and look like they're dithering around.

A bit early, but @StealthP3D, that's how it's done.

I think you have to complete the other side of the trade in order to show us how it's done. The fact that you *could* buyback now for 1% less is only of benefit if you actually *do* buyback while the share price is less (assuming TSLA continues to be successful).

This is also a good way to pay a lot of short-term capital gains at a much higher rate than long-term capital gains of only 15%.