Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? Just going to leave us hanging like that?:)
There are so many rumors around that I don't trust them... or maybe I don't want to fool myself and believe something just because I wish for it to be true... But yes, it was about the Plaid as "on more thing". Just wispers on twitter though.
It has to be said that Elon already said everything about it on twitter! :) So... I wish for a great event!

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
NASDAQ-100 down; TSLA's morning move is well explained by the macros times TSLA's Beta (it's volatility multiplier).
Cheers!

Indeed, the macro market is still dragging down TSLA today by its elevated beta. This is a monthly options expiration day with relatively light trading volume so far. So options related manipulation may be prevalent across the board.

This joke-solution is not as dumb as it sounds first. If they built a space-elevator (powered by clean renewable energy) to lift big containers of water from the ocean high enough to freeze than bring it back down using heat-shield on re-entry, it could almost work...

The solar panels to power this space elevator might be large enough to help cool the planet from the shading. Everything else about the idea violates thermodynamics.

I was thinking the same thing. With MaxP being so low on a monthly expiration, I can see it giving up a few more dollars before the end of the day if the macros don't turn around.
Unfortunately, I was right. I imagine we are close to being at the low for the day though. I just dabbled with a few $250 strike lottery tickets for today.

(Obviously a very small bet that is just for fun and am fine losing all of it if TSLA goes below $250 today).

Edit: Caught the falling knife and got lucky. Just sold those options for a small profit.

Last edited:
Wow, tracking it closely in fact.
Yes, was tracking the NASDAQ-100 very tightly until about 12:20 pm when a classic @Papafox style icicle pushed the SP down noticably more than the NDX:

TSLA.chart.2019-10-18.12-23.png

Sun going down on the Nürburgring, and the weather is nice but the track is IMO not dry enough, according to the webcam image:

View attachment 467462

Note the wet pavement, and this is in one of the high speed straights.

Edit:

View attachment 467471

First webcam isn't updating it seems - but this second one is, and road conditions seem better.
Anything is possible.... like use a controlled rocket to dry it from maybe 100m above so as not to burn the grass. Done. Super dry, even pre-heated and still tacky!

Indeed, the macro market is still dragging down TSLA today by its elevated beta. This is a monthly options expiration day with relatively light trading volume so far. So options related manipulation may be prevalent across the board.
I’ve been wondering for awhile how widespread option manipulation is. It’s really not surprising that whichever hedge funds are targeting TSLA also target other stocks with similar characteristics.

There’s really no macro news causing the drop today. If anything, the macro business news has been favorable this week. Maybe the sudden drop off is just normal random walking, but it sure is suspicious that today is a monthly option expiration day.

It would be enlightening to see some research on what’s happened on previous option expiration days when targeted stocks of manipulators have recently risen and need a last-day batting down. Do these hedge funds have such clout that they could possibly impact NASDAQ macro trading? If so, that is truly alarming, but it seems unlikely.

I’ve been wondering for awhile how widespread option manipulation is. It’s really not surprising that whichever hedge funds are targeting TSLA also target other stocks with similar characteristics.

There’s really no macro news causing the drop today. If anything, the macro business news has been favorable this week. Maybe the sudden drop off is just normal random walking, but it sure is suspicious that today is a monthly option expiration day.

It would be enlightening to see some research on what’s happened on previous option expiration days when targeted stocks of manipulators have recently risen and need a last-day batting down. Do these hedge funds have such clout that they could possibly impact NASDAQ macro trading? If so, that is truly alarming, but it seems unlikely.

Much of this can be accomplished by manipulating stock indexes through their options and futures. It's been ongoing for decades and appeared to be quite impactful during the "Crash of '87".

Do not worry! The NASDAQ's entire market cap is only valued at $7T. With Elon owning 20% of TSLA and 50% of SpaceX, both with a CAGR of 1.48x it'll only be 15 yrs until Elon has enough wealth to buy the NASDAQ, and delete it. :p

Cheers!

So, I assume everyone saw this when it came out, humorously inviting Musk to speak at a Russian small business forum:

It seems to have worked :)

Elon Musk to Teleconference at Russian Business Forum After Ingenious Invite - Official

Thank you so much for posting that, Karen. I was working far off the grid at some remote projects when that came out and I missed it. This is more than just a brilliant effort to entice Elon to their event.........it is literally a metaphor for what keeps TSLAQ and the Old Paradigm up at night. Elon's star power is beyond their grasp. There is not another CEO on the planet receiving such positive attention despite one of the most intensely coordinated mass smear campaigns against any company and any one individual in our human history.

I am hopeful that Dana, Lora, Linette and others take the time to see this and that they reflect internally on what they are really trying to accomplish at this critical point in our history..............especially Dana Hull. We have diligently followed every move of this company long before buying our first TSLA shares in early 2013. And in that process we had come to look forward to Dana's truthful and thoughtful updates while she was writing for the San Jose Mercury News. She was very helpful for us and we are grateful for who she was and what she did back then. But that is not who she is now. And it is extremely disappointing because of all the 'reporters' in that crowd, she at least was once focused on making the world a better place. Had we continued to 'invest' in her advice we would have lost our investment long ago - and in doing so, she would have succeeded in convincing yet another share holder not to allow TSLA to borrow their money to advance such an extremely important mission for human kind. Dana is the antithesis of the young entrepreneurs in this video. I hope she is trolling TMC again today and reads this. She has consciously contributed to slowing our progress towards a brighter future and she should be required to stop and think about that from time to time. And of everyone in that crowd, at least she might.

Here I am spending my hard earned money installing solar, buying EV's, and converting house to all electric. Then someone does something like above and makes a mockery of all our efforts.
Burning fossil fuels to run outdoor climate control is quite a waste. However, before pointing fingers at Qatar where the high temperatures are downright dangerous, I think we should remember that Americans and even Californians routinely do essentially the same thing. I've been to a number of Southern California restaurants and other venues, at low elevations and up in the mountains, where natural gas fueled heaters are used outdoors during the cooler months. This is wrong, yet I admit that I've been among those appreciating the heat.

Ultimately, if it could be done using renewable energy, outdoor climate control in limited locations would not be a bad thing. Lots of solar panels and efficient heat pumps are needed. Of course, those heat pumps will need heat sinks/sources away from the conditioned areas, so ground sourced might make sense. At some point, I think it could be helpful for Tesla to enter the HVAC market, provided this would not be too much of a distraction from solar/batteries/transportation.

Me too. Many of us in fact. Although this is nothing new really, at times it is most disheartening.
We WILL prevail. In our lifetimes at least, the sun will never stop shining; so why should we?
Thanks for all your efforts towards propelling the cause forward Gene. Please keep up the good work. Always.

Have to bankrupt oil and cut off the free money flow to that area first.

When people are born into excess and most of the stuffs is paid for without having to move a finger, people tend to develop wasteful habits.

Reactions: Thumper