Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More TSLAQ funnies...

upload_2019-10-21_12-4-40.png

Should tag this as "NSFW", but latest night shots of GF3, gorgeous.
T☰SLA Mania on Twitter

Interesting seeing the trailers at the docks, too.

BTW., we now finally are seeing the "GF3 production is imminent" signature @KarenRei was expecting:

upload_2019-10-21_14-9-11.png

(NSFW justified: we should expect quite a few baby Model 3's in the coming days.)

• 550k Smart Summons in the first "couple days"
  • It's now weeks later - how big do you think that denominator is?

I don't know....maybe 560k? a million? Who knows. Sort of like my wind-up Evil Knievel motorcycle that I got for Christmas in the 70's - the day I opened it, I set it off probably 50 times. However, after learning that it did not perform anywhere close to as good as it did in the commercials, I probably set it off 2 or 3 times over the next few days, and it eventually got tossed into my closet, never to see the light of day again.

You talk about anecdotal evidence, then you turn around and use it as evidence against.....anecdotal evidence. Yes, it may have gotten used 550,000 times the first couple days, but that proves or even shows NOTHING about the subsequent days and weeks. Absolutely nothing.

BTW., how is what Bertel Schmitt is doing, attacking the good name, public image and financing sources of Tesla via what appear to often be retweeted TSLAQ lies, libel and disinformation, even legal?

As a recap, Bertel Schmitt is an ex Volkswagen executive, a direct Tesla competitor:

DN Salon: Thoughts on the VW scandal with Bertel Schmitt. - The Delphi Network

"Bertel Schmitt spent three decades at VW, one of the most successful auto conglomerates in the world. For several years, he acted as the personal adviser to a prominent VW executive. He has maintained high-level relationships at the company, giving him a unique insider’s perspective into the car maker’s current plight. Schmitt has lived all over the world, witnessing China’s rise to the world’s car biggest market at first hand, and setting up a successful ad company in the US and Germany. He is now based in Japan co-running a respected car blog www.dailykanban.com as well as covering the car business for Forbes."

upload_2019-10-21_14-19-57.png

In what universe is it even remotely legal for a former VW exec to go full tilt crazy TSLAQ, while still maintaining "high-level relationships" with Volkswagen that give him an "insider" perspective?

Last edited:
Uhhh, nice job of trying to put YOUR assumption into my post. My post said "Who knows?" because we DON'T know - it is you that is making the assumptions by using the 550k "first couple days" number as some sort of evidence that the total number is much higher

Nothing of the sort. It's the simple - and obvious - fact that you cannot use the denominator for the first few days as being equal to the denominator for the first few weeks. If you don't have a valid sense of the denominator, then you don't have a valid sense of the incidence rate. Which makes these attempts to imply the incidence rate by sharing anecdotes ridiculous.

IMO it is important to share the concept that power companies are already giving away power - at least from the Renewable Energy Sources in their portfolio.

I am on a plan with TXU that gives me free power from 8pm to 6am

TXU also waives the power delivery charges, about 3 cents per kWh in my case.

I reply with this info to the “Yes but actually you have to look at how the power is generated” posts that follow ANY positive statement about EVs in social media. (Funny how they never actually muse about how gasoline gets from underground deposits, separated from “non-gasoline,” and into a car’s tank :confused:)

China is the best guess I have: he usually signs off Twitter when in China, and with GF3 nearing its first production runs it's also a good place for a CEO to be.

Indeed. Surely there’ll be some fancy inauguration ceremony with dignitaries. This factory is a big deal for both Tesla and China, needs to be celebrated.

There is a war out there in twitter.. literally. But for the valiant efforts by a few to spotlight the lies and deceit of the TSLAQ gang, this war would have been lost and the repercussions would have been disastrous in terms of the false narrative taking root in public's mind. And once that happens, organic sales growth would come to a grinding halt, which is pretty much how Tesla sells.

So please take a moment to acknowledge and appreciate the efforts of Twitter Tesla warriors. They are doing an amazing service. We could be here all day in this echo chamber called TMC. It is the Twitter posts that is spread and seen widely.

I don't know....maybe 560k? a million? Who knows. Sort of like my wind-up Evil Knievel motorcycle that I got for Christmas in the 70's - the day I opened it, I set it off probably 50 times. However, after learning that it did not perform anywhere close to as good as it did in the commercials, I probably set it off 2 or 3 times over the next few days, and it eventually got tossed into my closet, never to see the light of day again.

You talk about anecdotal evidence, then you turn around and use it as evidence against.....anecdotal evidence. Yes, it may have gotten used 550,000 times the first couple days, but that proves or even shows NOTHING about the subsequent days and weeks. Absolutely nothing.
I didn't see where she made any claim to the number of SS so far only that it was >550k which isn't anecdotal but logical.
You're analogy of your Evil Knievel doll is applicable marginally and singularly to you but doesn't take into account all the other kids that also got Evil Knievel dolls for years after you did.
We have a couple thousand new Model 3 owners/week adding to that number which you're ignoring.
I'm not trying to carry water for Karen as she's more than capable but there's a hint of anger in your response.
BTW, i still use SS more now than I did the first week I had it.
Now that's some anecdotal evidence.