Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or 11/27? Thanksgiving? :)

My prediction for the Tesla "Blade Runner" Pickup Truck unveil event date is 2019, November 19, in Los Angeles:

EHqH15dWwAE5UUi.jpeg

This is a true screen capture from the intro scene of the original Blade Runner movie:

Last edited:
someone used a few million shares to cap the breakout and bring TSLA below $290
Indeed, that ultimately futile efffort took 13.67m shares and extended over the first 96 min of yesterday's session. I'm not sure if that's an hourly volume record, but damn!

Based on volume-weighted ASPs, that effort cost $4.08b. That's a rather impressive hill to die upon. Shortzes are committed if nothing else. Wonder how much they're willing to donate to the cause before they finally capitulate?

My WAG range is $10b < Capitulate < $100b. Any takers? :D

Indeed, that ultimately futile efffort took 13.67m shares and extended over the first 96 min of yesterday's session. I'm not sure if that's an hourly volume record, but damn!

Based on volume-weighted ASPs, that effort cost $4.08b. That's a rather impressive hill to die upon. Shortzes are committed if nothing else. Wonder how much they're willing to donate to the cause before they finally capitulate?

My WAG range is $10b < Capitulate < $100b. Any takers? :D

Oh, I'm not sure at all that this was done by a short, to cap the price.

Much safer for a really large institutional investor to do, until they loaded up with out of the money calls ...

For example if the spent 3 million shares on the capping, generating ~$900m of cash, they could have bought a lot of options from that cash - then use part of the cash to kick off the rally today ...

(Obviously could be dead wrong about this.)