Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhat OT, but traffic cones on the AP display looks awesome :)

EIStfM8XkAE-oH2

I don't really get the objections to Tesla selling Powertrains, particularly if you support the Tesla Energy division.
These are some questions regarding battery sales:
  • Does the Purchaser agree to not sue or seek damages for product liability? Defending against lawsuits is expensive, and damage to the brand is inevitable.
  • Can a 3rd Party actually grow EV production as fast as Tesla plans to do?
  • Do those batteries take more ICE cars off the road installed in FIATs or in Robotaxis?
  • Are people SAFER in an FSD-computer equipped and crash-worthy Tesla than in a Peugeot? Tesla has an entire stack of advantages that 3rd parties cannot match.
Arguing IN FAVOR of the idea of selling battery/powertrain components to 3rd parties is Elon's statement about the 'Factory as a Product'. This implies that (unless Tesla is its own sole customer going forward) Elon was considering cloning production system modules, then presumably selling those cloned factories to 3rd parties.

My guess is that although his ideal was expressed years ago, hard experience has shown Elon that idealism is trounced by real world results. I think Elon is setting up Tesla to replace the ENTIRE world's ICE transportation system, if the competetion does not.

So I expect Tesla Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Boeing/Airbus better get ready for the 2030s and the Tesla Regional ElectraJet (connects to Starship Intercontinental Service). And Swiss Rail will be powered by Model 3 motors... :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Unless they say: “That’s not video of the actual race, just establishing shots added for dramatization. Trust us we had it in the correct mode for the race, we just don’t have any video of that.”

Wherein Musk should (and probably would) reply, "Okay, do we have permission to access and publish the data from your run, then?"

Wherein Top Gear either says "Yes", and whatever they did to get such a bad time gets exposed, or they say "No", and it becomes obvious to anyone with half a brain that they're trying to hide a rigged race.

It's been there since I think before Q3 close. Late August/Early September time frame it became standard for all Model S and X?

Probably to give a reason for the people who could afford a Model S or X to purchase that rather than the 3 or Y, since the latters was getting a lot of goodies the formers was not, while the formers cost significantly more.

There’s a ton (probably 80-90%) of S/X owners that have unlimited supercharging with their current vehicle. Many of them would like to trade up without losing it so I think this perk needs to stay.

So much for the idea that the strong stock action last week was an indicator of shorts and bears losing their grip on the stock lol. Literally same price action in the first hour or two every day this week. Its practically guaranteed that once volume starts drying up, the stock will be capped by selling pressure. The similarities between this week and weeks following the Q3 2018 earnings report are downright historical o_O

Hopefully, the SP doesn’t mimic last year’s trend too long by slimming down 50%.

We do an awful job teaching people basic concepts like opportunity cost and return on investment. I don't know how many people have argued with me that they don't care that they could save a thousand dollars a year in gas because their twice a year long trips would take an extra couple hours...obviously not realizing that their time is worth far less than $500 an hour.

I'm ok with Tesla being boring at 315 for a while TBH.
The lack of basic civics and economics education in elementary and high schools is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Still, I might value my vacation traveling hours with my rarely-visited family way more than that even if it's usually barely worth minimum wage.

Reactions: FreqFlyer
Wait, they put the S in RANGE MODE when they pit it against the Taycan?

Are you kidding me?
Except Jack Rix, the TopSlowGear editor and the guy narrating the video, denies it.
Twitter

Because, look, we're filming the whole thing so everyone can see what we're doing here! Fair and square, Stuttgart boys, you can relax, we got your back!

A, that part with Range Mode? No, ignore that, that was just for... aaa... test shots! Yeah, it was just for set-up shots, where we set up the Tesla... what I mean is, we set up nice shots for the video, but the REAL test, we don't shoot that, we have our reasons, can't discuss it... but the reported numbers are completely REAL! Just not from this race, from a real race 2 years ago, we're just trying to help Tesla here, why u being so mean... I want my mommy! Wait, this reminds me of something...

Still, I might value my vacation traveling hours with my rarely-visited family way more than that even if it's usually barely worth minimum wage.
That would not be rational though. Spend an extra day/week of your life working to save 2 hours on your yearly road trip? Heck, deposit that gas savings into a retirement fund and after 20 years you will be able to retire a few months earlier and you can spend an entire extra month with that family. ;)

Many shorts regularly visit this forum. I know this as a fact because some of them talk about it.
I wish we have a website that requires log-in and screening.
But then how could I thank them for the sweet returns this past month?

So why hasn't anyone created a TeslaFUD block list? (sure it's legal as Shorts are already doing it)
Just for fun .. Block Russ, LL, DH, LK, CG ... so called Journalists :)
if 49M of EM's block them ... how do they stay Tesla relevant?

Because using a block list to create an artificial echo chamber is a terrible idea regardless of who's behind it.

European registration data is slowly available.
As Tesla managed to register almost all vehicles from last quarter before the end of September, the first month will be comparatively weak (prepare for Antons SA article). However, quarter to date more cars (more total loading days of ships) are on the way to Europe and the first ship arrived a few days ago. We should see higher figures in November and December.
As I was going through the registration data, I found a unknown registered Tesla in Netherlands (no S, X or 3).
Does someone has an idea what could be going on? Model Y for showroom or EU type classification? Or simply a mistake by someone in a registration office?
Link to the data (page 8): https://www.bovag.nl/BovagWebsite/m...Verkoopstatistieken-oktober-2019.pdf?ext=.pdf

TSLA TWTR NFLX ROKU charts all look the same

Indeed, TSLA is not the only stock that is manipulated, particularly on Fridays when weekly options expire. However, TSLA has a far greater percentage of shares sold short than those others, so it usually attracts more monkeyshines. MaxPain for TSLA options expiring today based on yesterday's closing open interest is $310. Of course the current target for MaxPain could shift throughout today's session. Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

Meanwhile, today begins the six-calendar-month period, which on average greatly outperforms the other six-month period in regard to the macro-market.

Last edited:
Elon is mad about Twitter banning "Steve Jobs Ghost". Me too. I really think Elon should start a website. Get 20 developers, this can be done under $20m.
I'd like to see him start a world-class honest news website unlike any other. Shouldn't be that hard to do considering there are many world class journalists out of work who'd probably love the opportunity.

Because using a block list to create an artificial echo chamber is a terrible idea regardless of who's behind it.
Elon is mad about Twitter banning "Steve Jobs Ghost". Me too. I really think Elon should start a website. Get 20 developers, this can be done under $20m.

Tesla App - Messaging. Info coming to all Teslemmings directly from God. If you worship God, you need to buy a Tesla :)