Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw., Tesla should probably contest that domain name, as it's smearing Tesla and is an abuse of their trademark.

Oh no, they shouldn't: Streisand effect - Wikipedia

This reinforce FUDster's argument that Tesla has something to hide. Tesla should rather provide more data about how much safer people are with Autopilot/FSD (for both Tesla's drivers, passengers but also everyone else).

More data, well presented and easy to share, communicated to mainstream media source who might be spreading FUD. Publish on social media by Tesla's PR team, Tesla' safety team if need be (and by Musk if the misinformation is getting out of hand), and directed to the media and its editor in chief.

And let the crazy short run in circle.

Oh no, they shouldn't: Streisand effect - Wikipedia

This reinforce FUDster's argument that Tesla has something to hide. Tesla should rather provide more data about how much safer people are with Autopilot/FSD (for both Tesla's drivers, passengers but also everyone else).

More data, well presented and easy to share, communicated to mainstream media source who might be spreading FUD. Publish on social media by Tesla's PR team, Tesla' safety team if need be (and by Musk if the misinformation is getting out of hand), and directed to the media and its editor in chief.

And let the crazy short run in circle.

Agreed fully. "TeslaDeaths" is obscure - and when viewed, transparently bad - FUD

Let it continue to be what it is.

View attachment 474475
giphy.gif
I believe he is goading him to stay short or even increase his position through the 4qt report. No reason to let him escape

Alright; I have read Investopedia's article, I have followed this and several other threads about puts and calls over the last few months. Can someone please explain to the newb how these things actually function?

Like, base line level, using minimal terminology. Lets say Person has $1000 in cash, and has 100 shares of Company X, and each share currently sits at $10. How would a Put or Call affect them/their shares?

plz halp.

As much as I enjoyed Elon's... ummm... open invitation for a visit at Tesla issued to Mr. Unicorn Einhorn, I can already see the news stories popping up on this, framing Elon as an off-the-rails CEO battling with the Shortz, not able to control his temper and addicted to Twitter burns (as adept at it as he arguably is), or some other bull-etron. It's regrettable, as the news is actually great at the moment, with the Model 3 SR+ having just taycan the title for most efficient EV ever (Seth warning).

I totally get it: it's hard to have a product that is not just the most efficient EV, or the best-selling EV, or the fastest-charging EV, or subjectively the best-looking EV, but just overall the BEST EV by a freaking mile, and not be allowed to brag about it or shove it in detractors' faces. So he does. But Wall St. doesn't like bragging, they only like numbers, and any sniff of conflict turns them off. I hope the SP reacts to facts rather than spin today.

I am half expecting a Cyberpunk pickup, a more conventional work van like a Merc Sprinter, and a heavy duty off road truck like SUV.
The latter 2 perhaps not looking as cyberpunk, or perhaps looking just as cyberpunk...

To work well the cabin part may be common, and common means cyberpunk.

I'm not in the camp that expects a regular pickup... cyberpunk to regular is not an easy transition.. I understand what you are saying about common platform... buy cyberpunk will have low drag... a conventional looking pickup may have higher drag... and not that many common parts once we get above the skateboard.

Because a Tesla has more electronics, sensors, software and FSD than ICE vehicles, all of which can be part of the platform, the difference between two vehicles on the same platform is proportionally less. It is also easy to vary the number of modules in the battery or to add extra motors to alter range and horsepower. The differences between a regular pickup and cyberpunk will be significant but less than those between ICE of equivalent design.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: SteveG3 and Jeeps17
The thing is, cars really are the wrong tool for a lot of cities, and increasing density, restricting certain roads to be livable spaces, narrowing other roads and removing on-street parking to make room for protected cycle lanes, and restricting unnecessary car and air travel through taxation of the negative externalities legitimately are good things.

Tunnels solve the livability problems with too many cars in a dense city.

Alright; I have read Investopedia's article, I have followed this and several other threads about puts and calls over the last few months. Can someone please explain to the newb how these things actually function?

Like, base line level, using minimal terminology. Lets say Person has $1000 in cash, and has 100 shares of Company X, and each share currently sits at $10. How would a Put or Call affect them/their shares?

plz halp.
PLZ not in this thread.

I’ve actually noticed a rather steep rise from young urban climate conscious people in the notion that cars are the root evil of all our cities climate, pollution and housing problems, and Tesla gets a relatively bad rap for a company that is the driving force for EV adoption. There is a rising nonsense that cities should rip up all the roads and replace with housing & scooter lanes (oh and banning air travel as well).

I suppose every well meaning movement, in this case climate activists, end up with a percentage of them becoming overly nutty with extremist ideas.

Cars largely don’t belong in urban centers, where they make for unlivable cities. Plenty of proof articles are emerging in Europe for more car-free cities (Copenhagen, many Dutch cities), and the emerging micromobility revolution of lightweight electric vehicles will fuel that. Horace Dediu, the Clay Christensen associate and analyst that predicted Apple’s dominance of the mobile phone industry long before it came to be, has long argued that the real disruption to the automobile industry will not be electric power trains, but will come from below from micromobility vehicles, defined to be EVs from 5 to 500kg. As proof, he notes how car companies are already retreating upmarket to SUVS and pickups with a more exurban and rural focus, a classic sign of disruption from below.

As much as I enjoyed Elon's... ummm... open invitation for a visit at Tesla issued to Mr. Unicorn Einhorn, I can already see the news stories popping up on this, framing Elon as an off-the-rails CEO battling with the Shortz, not able to control his temper and addicted to Twitter burns (as adept at it as he arguably is), or some other bull-etron. It's regrettable, as the news is actually great at the moment, with the Model 3 SR+ having just taycan the title for most efficient EV ever (Seth warning).

I totally get it: it's hard to have a product that is not just the most efficient EV, or the best-selling EV, or the fastest-charging EV, or subjectively the best-looking EV, but just overall the BEST EV by a freaking mile, and not be allowed to brag about it or shove it in detractors' faces. So he does. But Wall St. doesn't like bragging, they only like numbers, and any sniff of conflict turns them off. I hope the SP reacts to facts rather than spin today.

i like this headline though:

Elon Musk Burns Short Seller David Einhorn on Twitter After Tesla Gain

Yeah, I am a little worried the pissing contest will overshadow the news of GF3 pumping out cars. He should have applied more tact in that tweet.

EU want to tax imports based on CO2 emissions from production.

Breakingviews - EU can afford to act tough on carbon border taxes

The incoming European Commission president wants to levy the same tax on CO2 emissions from imports as on products made in the single market. That is likely to go down like a roomful of methane with big trading partners such as the United States and China.​

To keep things simple, the BCA could be restricted to carbon-intensive sectors like cement and steel production, which the International Energy Agency reckons constitute half of the eight gigatonnes of industrial CO2 emissions. Governments already have a good idea how much carbon these sectors emit, providing a base for determining a just levy.

Legally, while WTO rules prevent differential treatment against imports, there’s nothing banning varying taxation on individual sectors. Besides, environmental grounds can justify some types of special treatment.​