Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BTW., Greenlight Capital's Q3 2019 "Dear Partner" letter was decidedly weird in one detail:

Greenlight.pdf

"Tesla (TSLA) and Chemours (CC) were material losers during the quarter. TSLA shares recovered from $223.46 to $240.87. Unit sales in the June quarter improved more than we expected compared to the March quarter."​

That's actually the Q2 news about Tesla - not the Q3 news - and on October 30 TSLA closed at $315.01...

How can a fund that so spuriously accuses Tesla and Elon of fraud, and does so referencing August and September events, not get basic facts right like the actual share price of the stock they are shorting?

MODERATOR EDIT (and apologies if any poster also has corrected this downstream):

Unicorn does have his TSLA prices correct: he needs to use the June-end and September-end data when compiling his own quarterly report. Not 30 October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have access to his profile page, otherwise I would look through it for the comments.

That's a pretty unconvincing excuse, you can search anyone's comments on the search page, by using the search button in the top right corner:

upload_2019-11-8_11-17-7.png

Use the "Posted by Member" field.

Again, if you had comments moved or outright deleted - this happened to me too: bullish yet off topic or overly repetitive comments of mine were deleted, even more were moved to other threads. Comes with the territory, this is an actively moderated forum where moderators try to maximize the signal to noise ratio, it's not necessarily a sign of censorship or taboos.

Also, since this is a forum for Tesla investors, which is a strong self-selection filter and bias, a generally positive and bullish sentiment should be expected - yet neither Q3 deliveries nor Q3 financials expectations on this forum were bullish - which I think is a pretty good, independent measurement of whether TMC is too much of a bull echo chamber or not.

Last edited:
That's a pretty unconvincing excuse, you can search anyone's comments on the search page, by using the search button in the top right corner:

Use the "Posted by Member" field.
Okay, I didn't know that. Maybe, I'lll look for it. This has already expended so much time, and I'm not one for arguing. Waste of time, and I'm sure others here find it a waste of time.

Last edited:
Even wilder possibility: they will announce cybertruck, regular pickup, panel van, people carrier and camper all based on the same platform. Where the platform consists of: battery, drive train, electrics, sensors, electronics, software, FSD. But not mechanics, stampings, moldings.

I am half expecting a Cyberpunk pickup, a more conventional work van like a Merc Sprinter, and a heavy duty off road truck like SUV.
The latter 2 perhaps not looking as cyberpunk, or perhaps looking just as cyberpunk...

To work well the cabin part may be common, and common means cyberpunk.

I'm not in the camp that expects a regular pickup... cyberpunk to regular is not an easy transition.. I understand what you are saying about common platform... buy cyberpunk will have low drag... a conventional looking pickup may have higher drag... and not that many common parts once we get above the skateboard.

Reactions: kbM3
Ummm.....I think Elon got on the Block List because of his brazen attempt to......hahaha really? Co-opt the car counting efforts? o_O

View attachment 474401

This really is amazing.
The stupidity of these people is astonishing.

TSLAQ are invested in a trade with unlimited downside in a company with the most ambitious growth plans in history, and now they block one of the key news distributions channels for said company?!

Replies to Elon's tweets are also TSLAQ's FUD distribution channel with the widest reach. And now they block their own access to it?!

The day after the Cybertruck unveil I expect TSLA to open higher because it will be an amazing vehicle but then close lower as analysts attack it all day. They'll say it's going to be a repeat of all the problems Tesla had with the over-engineered Model X, and they'll point out that this is the fourth vehicle unveiled since the last time Tesla actually put a new vehicle into production. This will be a 'sell the news' event in my opinion.

The current moves in SP has more to do with S&P rating, China than just Cypertruck ...
so if it's not the cause, it cannot be the effect.

I'm curious of what that one more thing is ... & rooting for Kimbal with his white Cowboy hat to deliver the truck ...

The current moves in SP has more to do with S&P rating, China than just Cypertruck ...
so if it's not the cause, it cannot be the effect.

I'm curious of what that one more thing is ... & rooting for Kimbal with his white Cowboy hat to deliver the truck ...

Harrison Ford will drive out in the cybertruck... Kimbal in the pickup?

It seems to me that many topics are taboo here. Don't talk about service. Don't talk about S,X refresh/redesign. Don't talk about Apple. Are we to only smile, pat each other on the back, and make fun of shorts all day? Again, I say, if we cannot have critical discussion about Tesla at TMC, where else are we to have it? Certainly not with all the trolls and FUD on Seeking Alpha and Twitter. We need to better distinguish between trolling and critical discussions.

For what it's worth, the reason your one post got downvoted massively was because it continued the Apple discussion just after two moderator posts saying to take it elsewhere.

TMC can be a bit of an echo chamber sometimes but if you follow the mods advice and take it to another thread the discussion gets deeper and (with less people) more easy to follow.

And the discussions that are "not allowed" just have been rehashed to death. Just read the whole investor thread of the last few years (good luck) and you will see all your questions have been answered.

I do find it annoying that for example people keep speculating over S and X refresh. I wouldn't mind it IF there were clear indications. I hate speculation-ville more than a bull chamber.

That said I want to emphasize I've generally always liked your posts and insights. Just dont go against the mods. They do a great job given the crazy amounts of posts this board/thread generates.

For what it's worth, the reason your one post got downvoted massively was because it continued the Apple discussion just after two moderator posts saying to take it elsewhere.

TMC can be a bit of an echo chamber sometimes but if you follow the mods advice and take it to another thread the discussion gets deeper and (with less people) more easy to follow.

And the discussions that are "not allowed" just have been rehashed to death. Just read the whole investor thread of the last few years (good luck) and you will see all your questions have been answered.

I do find it annoying that for example people keep speculating over S and X refresh. I wouldn't mind it IF there were clear indications. I hate speculation-ville more than a bull chamber.

That said I want to emphasize I've generally always liked your posts and insights. Just dont go against the mods. They do a great job given the crazy amounts of posts this board/thread generates.

I did not see those mod posts, as I've not read much of the prior posts of the day. But I did suspect that users and mods maybe getting tired of it. And so, note that I did not carry on an further Apple discussion, but merely posted info about two new polls that I made, and responded to one user's comment about the polls. That was it. I was very careful not to have any further actual discussion on Apple in the main forum. I simply wanted to make users aware of the new polls. That was it.

Isn’t it about time the Tesla investing world just stops caring about TSLAQ?

As in, maybe we should stop referencing them on the forum?

They have been so completely wrong on every single theory they ever had about Tesla, and have basically become crybaby flat earthers with no place left to go but even more asinine theories that are just laughable.

They also have zero long term influence on the stock price, as most of them seem to be living in their moms basement playing with a few thousand dollars. Combined the TSLAQ proponents have far less influence than even a single medium size hedge fund. So maybe we should simply stop giving them any sort of false legitimacy here by way of even mentioning them.

‘The only Bears on Tesla worth discussing are the big hedge funds and investment banks who are negative or underweight Tesla, they are the ones who actually move the stock price with their positions.

From here on out I’m treating TSLAQ members the same way I think about ants crawling on some dog poo: I don’t think about them at all.

Careful with clicking on that - TSLAQ is known to use IP logging to harass and dox Tesla supporters. Is blocktogether.org run by a TSLAQ sympathisant?

Looks like it's run by @j4cob.

EFF staffer working on Let's Encrypt, formerly Twitter anti-spam and security, formerly Google maps, transit, and shopping.

A quick skim through, looks like his posts are about infosec, programming, leftist politics, transit, and cycling. There are attacks on cars in general (especially freeway expansion projects), but not Tesla in particular.

No signs of TSLAQ here. Could potentially be radicalized by TSLAQ, but no signs of any actual participation in it.

Looks like it's run by @j4cob.

EFF staffer working on Let's Encrypt, formerly Twitter anti-spam and security, formerly Google maps, transit, and shopping.

A quick skim through, looks like his posts are about infosec, programming, leftist politics, transit, and cycling. There are attacks on cars in general (especially freeway expansion projects), but not Tesla in particular.

No signs of TSLAQ here. Could potentially be radicalized by TSLAQ, but no signs of any actual participation in it.

I’ve actually noticed a rather steep rise from young urban climate conscious people in the notion that cars are the root evil of all our cities climate, pollution and housing problems, and Tesla gets a relatively bad rap for a company that is the driving force for EV adoption. There is a rising nonsense that cities should rip up all the roads and replace with housing & scooter lanes (oh and banning air travel as well).

I suppose every well meaning movement, in this case climate activists, end up with a percentage of them becoming overly nutty with extremist ideas.

Isn’t it about time the Tesla investing world just stops caring about TSLAQ?

Yes.

As in, maybe we should stop referencing them on the forum?

But then where am I going to go for my daily dose of satire and humor dressed up as real news? Maybe I should bookmark The Onion’s website.

They have been so completely wrong on every single theory they ever had about Tesla, and have basically become crybaby flat earthers with no place left to go but even more asinine theories that are just laughable.

Laughable...but they are so cute, like a toddler desperately grasping to understand the basics of the world they live in! It’s so adorable!

They also have zero long term influence on the stock price, as most of them seem to be living in their moms basement playing with a few thousand dollars.

Please don’t insult my favorite hobby. C’mon, I mean, mom’s got bean bags and juice boxes down here!

Combined the TSLAQ proponents have far less influence than even a single medium size hedge fund. So maybe we should simply stop giving them any sort of false legitimacy here by way of even mentioning them.

The legitimacy went away years ago, but I do still enjoy a good laugh from time to time.

The only Bears on Tesla worth discussing are the big hedge funds and investment banks who are negative or underweight Tesla, they are the ones who actually move the stock price with their positions.

Agree, of course you are right...

From here on out I’m treating TSLAQ members the same way I think about ants crawling on some dog poo: I don’t think about them at all.

Now it’s here where we’ll have to agree to disagree. I think about them often.

-Does it make their little ant feet stink?
-Do they shower afterward? And if so are there little ant plumbers? There must be.
-Do ants get infectious diseases?

The thing is, cars really are the wrong tool for a lot of cities, and increasing density, restricting certain roads to be livable spaces, narrowing other roads and removing on-street parking to make room for protected cycle lanes, and restricting unnecessary car and air travel through taxation of the negative externalities legitimately are good things.

My support of Tesla is really because there's a lot of Americans that still won't give up their cars no matter what you do (they'll just move further out to keep their car and keep mass transit out of their neighborhoods), and I'd at least prefer them to be driving an EV, and Tesla's the only company seriously doing EV cars.

I'll stop this here, though, lest I pull a @neroden.

kids go completely bananas for my car. crossing the street, riding their bikes, every group points and hollers. if there's some loitering when i go into the supermarket, they always compliment me as i walk by. i'm telling you, for the next ten years, every first-time car buyer is going to be saving up for a Tesla if at all possible.

adults, on the other hand, are insanely skeptical. vast majority don't believe it's for them. They think owning a Tesla would would mean lots of risk, compromise, and inconvenience, no matter how many times i explain it's very much the opposite.

adults are dumb.

And when used Model 3:s start to appear on the market, a lot more people will be able to afford one. Even first-time car buyers. A few years from now, this whole game will be different.

It seems to me that many topics are taboo here. Don't talk about service. Don't talk about S,X refresh/redesign. Don't talk about Apple. Are we to only smile, pat each other on the back, and make fun of shorts all day? Again, I say, if we cannot have critical discussion about Tesla at TMC, where else are we to have it? Certainly not with all the trolls and FUD on Seeking Alpha and Twitter. We need to better distinguish between trolling and critical discussions.
I''ll make two points. 1) If you want to make non-investment discussions, make your own thread! That has been suggested too.
2) The Apple topic has been hashed over for years here and elsewhere. There is no substantive or material expectation of anything having to do with Tesla happening with respect to Apple.

Continuing to harp on that is diverting from relevant discussions. Please, STOP!

Mod: good advice, let’s end that discussion and start posting substantive things again. RSF.

Last edited by a moderator: