Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My WAG for the pickup reveal:

1. The pickup will have V2H (vehicle-to-home) capability to power your home during blackouts. It will not come standard, and will not be cheap. Not only can the pickup power your 240v tools, it can literally power your whole house.
2. The pickup will have V2V (vehicle-to-vehicle) capability to power other Teslas in times of need. I don't believe it will come standard either.
3. The pickup will eventually become Tesla's exclusive mobile service vehicle.
4. The pickup will eventually be able to provide mobile service for at least 2 out of every 3 Tesla repairs. Most of the time you will not need to go to Tesla service centers in order to get service done. The Tesla pickup mobile service vehicle will come to either your workplace or home at your convenience.
5. As the pickup ramps up as Tesla mobile service vehicles, Tesla service centers may eventually slowly decline instead of increasing.

This would be great. Especially if the pickup includes a Spare Tire (one of my highest priorities for it after a couple flat tires in our Model X).

If by "in disguise" you mean "despite clearly stated intent" I'd recommend going with the latter phrasing. They are extremely clear in the notes at the bottom that their intent is to expose how dangerously unsafe Tesla vehicles are.

While you may have done the math they are counting on readers not doing that. They are specifically guiding readers to a predetermined conclusion.

Ignoring them is the best course. Let them languish in the darkness without attention.

Yes of course, but so far any short points me to this site, I have responded by saying "a slow golf clap for this website for literally proving Tesla's are 6x safer than ICEs". My response is usually silence.

Guess what, Yahoo Finance posted the following article a couple of hours ago:
Moving Average Crossover Alert: Tesla

As an investor it is so helpful they point out the Golden Cross between the 50 and 200 day moving averages four days after the fact. That way I can invest in stock after it has proven to be good value since it has rallied so hard.

Thank you Yahoo for your very timely "alerts". No other community site or message board even comes close to the insights you provide on a day tot day basis!

5. As the pickup ramps up as Tesla mobile service vehicles, Tesla service centers may eventually slowly decline instead of increasing.
I kind of doubt this one because service centres are a selling point. It's well known that people hesitate to purchase when far from a service centre. However, the "vehicles in the area/area of service centre" ratio should decrease. It's unlikely that mobile service will ever do items such as alignment, service that requires an alignment afterwards, or major body work. The closer together service centres are the less travel time is required for the mobile service truck resulting in more service revenue per mobile service personnel.

Pretty sure Elon still has at least somewhat of a disdain for Electrek reporting. He made this statement just two days ago:

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 474514

Interestingly my post where I said I would like to see Fred unblock me and other Twitter member some of them active here at TMC was considered from the TMC Moderator as Fred bashing and deleted...

Hm, ... not sure why honestly?

Is it basing to say someone blocked me and others when he blocked me and others?

Maybe Moderator can explain?

We shall see if this is protectionism (such as Germany's efforts to keep the Model 3 off their incentive list), or if this list is sincerely focused on creating a more sustainable future.

Come on, please do your homework before spreading falsehoods. Model 3 is on the incentive list in Germany, I myself got the federal grant when I bought mine. And it is staying on the list next year.

EDIT: Source - list of cars eligible for incentive in Germany: https://www.bafa.de/SharedDocs/Down...ige_fahrzeuge.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=94 This is the version currently valid and will be outdated, the latest one is always linked from here: BAFA - Elektromobilität under "Liste der förderfähigen Elektrofahrzeuge".

I am not saying there is no protectionism though.

Model S/X is off the list due to 60,000 EUR limit (I think I was wrong on that before as I remembered there used to be a 59,999 version of Model S which Tesla dropped later though). But that limit also keeps Audi etron off the list. Proposed limit on length for 2020 which would have cut out Model 3 did not make it.

Starting in December, even California will have a $60,000 MSRP limit for eligibility, so the same in Germany should not be too suspicious I guess (What should I know about the December 3rd program changes?).

Last edited:
Interestingly my post where I said I would like to see Fred unblock me and other Twitter member some of them active here at TMC was considered from the TMC Moderator as Fred bashing and deleted...

Hm, ... not sure why honestly?

Is it basing to say someone blocked me and others when he blocked me and others?

Maybe Moderator can explain?
Mod semi-official:
Sure. The reason "fred bashing" is banned from this thread is that it almost always leads to more and more posts piling on to bash fred/electrek some more. It's like a nuclear chain reaction. Also, the lesser reason I guess, is that the forum has a strict policy of not attacking other members, and he is one (although rarely shows his head any more). So we land hard on any posts we perceive that way. It was a judgement call on my part. Since we're having an open discussion like this, I will undelete your other post, on the condition that no-one will follow up in any way that can be considered fred-bashing. How's that?
--ggr

Cyber truck can supply 240V, which means it's capable to charge other EVs.
It's very likely to have both 120V and 240V output as standard.
Tesla can't use this truck for mobile services. They need a van with roof to hold all the stuff, with easy access.
They probably planned to use this platform to build a van.
Tesla service centers will increase both for coverage and for capacity. Right now we have 800k Tesla vehicles on the street. The number will rise 10 fold in a few years.

All valid points. I'm just glad to get the active topic moving to something more exciting! :)

This is interesting - many of us were expecting margin calls for shorts when share price jumped after Q3 results resulting in a squeeze - Ihor is saying that big guys usually have long positions as collateral which means they don´t get margin calls:

Most institutions, hedge funds & brokers, are decisively long so they are using their long inventory as collateral and not cash like most retail accounts. Therefore it is rare for them to get a liquidation call, they use their longs as added collateral until it is all used up.
Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

And the retail shorts most likely have too small positions to cause a squeeze if they get margin calls I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and capster
Just to illustrate my frustration with the financial media:

Tesla’s Elon Musk reignites feud with Greenlight Capital’s David Einhorn

Musk did not reignite anything, he merely responded to Einhorn's lies.

Sigh. If he had said nothing they might've warmed over a story from last year about how Elon was a dangerously unhinged drug user. The only thing that surprised me is that the market watch stupidity was not penned by Claudia Assis. Maybe she's busy with the aforementioned "Elon is crazy" article...

This is interesting - many of us were expecting margin calls for shorts when share price jumped after Q3 results resulting in a squeeze - Ihor is saying that big guys usually have long positions as collateral which means they don´t get margin calls:

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

And the retail shorts most likely have too small positions to cause a squeeze if they get margin calls I suppose.
Very true, which is why I don't actually expect any real short squeeze. Though I saw the recent rise described in the media as being a "[violent] short squeeze." (Sorry, I don't have citation at hand and don't recall the exact adjective used, but it was along those lines.)

Still, the upward pressure was real and some of it was likely short covering. For example, the Brazilian firm that exited their short position. While they weren't margin called that would have provided some buying pressure.

Reactions: hobbes

Sigh. If he had said nothing they might've warmed over a story from last year about how Elon was a dangerously unhinged drug user. The only thing that surprised me is that the market watch stupidity was not penned by Claudia Assis. Maybe she's busy with the aforementioned "Elon is crazy" article...
Agree. Einhorn has made very insulting remark about Elon personally, in his letters, forums. Elon is just giving back what was long due. I like it! Scums like Einhorn are revered in media and banking circles. Good that Elon is showing them their real place.

Come on, please do your homework before spreading falsehoods. Model 3 is on the incentive list in Germany, I myself got the federal grant when I bought mine. And it is staying on the list next year.

@Paracelsus said "Germany's efforts" to keep Tesla off the incentive list, not that they were ultimately successful.

Are you unfamiliar with the attempt to exclude the Model 3 from wualifying for incentives based on an arbitrary vehicle length limit that would have made the # a few cm to long to qualify (but conveniently included German EV's)?

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
Cyber truck can supply 240V, which means it's capable to charge other EVs.
It's very likely to have both 120V and 240V output as standard.
Tesla can't use this truck for mobile services. They need a van with roof to hold all the stuff, with easy access.
They probably planned to use this platform to build a van.
Tesla service centers will increase both for coverage and for capacity. Right now we have 800k Tesla vehicles on the street. The number will rise 10 fold in a few years.

Given the comments on it being like an APC, I’m thinking the truck has a built-in camper shell kind of thing(probably on a motorized hinge a la falcon doors so it can open fully when parked). Would also solve the problem of aerodynamics with the bed. If I’m right, that would work fine instead of the van.

Side note: if I’m right, and it also has sufficient seating and doesn’t cost toooo much, I might just end up trading my Model Y reservation for the Truck. We’ll see.

Last edited:
China

By far the most important thing for the SP in the near term.

Wall Street is not going to be moved up or down (for more than 24 hours) by truck designs. Wall Street is moved by numbers.

The only fresh numbers on the horizon are production and sales coming from GF3. If that starts to ramp soon, it will put a lot of positive pressure on the SP, and the opposite if there are production delays.

China

Also one of the most important things in the longer term. It’s a huge potential market that Tesla uniquely has positioned itself to succeed in.

Ah, yes. Einhorn baselessly accuses him, personally, of multiple major federal crimes, and the media is very concerned about him calling Einhorn “Mr. Unicorn” in response.

This would be great. Especially if the pickup includes a Spare Tire (one of my highest priorities for it after a couple flat tires in our Model X).

Its a waste of space and weight, with an on board compressor and a plug kit (which it will most likely have) just about any tire can be repaired on site.

Still on plan and picked up a few more shares this morning..