Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nokia did produce smart phones. So did Sony. Apple hasn't reached Nokia's phone delivery record till today. So what? What is Nokia's number now?

With all those debt and pension obligations and Razer thin margins further pressured by Tesla, and writing down coming for engine production facilities, where the money to develop EVs comes from? Tesla has shown their extreme agility from the tent GA line to GF3. As Tesla shorts correctly pointed out, no Auto manufacturers ever achieved similar.

This is getting old and the topic belongs to 5 years ago and apparently you can't be bothered to read the repeated debunking that happens on this very thread and just repeating the same nonsense almost verbatim.

You are more than welcome to short Tesla and more than enough people here would be happy to facilitate your trade and take money from you as we have done repeatedly.

It should be noted, that many automotive OEMs have outsourced almost everything except the engine manufacturing. This is a factor that is not appreciated enough IMHO.

Perhaps I should update the fake subtitles that I wrote over five years ago for this "Downfall" parody. :cool:

OH yess, please! There never has been a better opportunity to take that video for some black humor text than right now. Berlin/Victory :D
I mean... It doesn't affect me anyway because I'm Dutch :p
But I notice the wind of change in reporting on German media right at the moment. It even feels similar like after ww2. People suddenly love Tesla now and media brings tons of positiv stuff :eek:
That's great!

IMG_20191114_082259.jpg
I just got my new Roadster II. If the stock goes much higher I would like to order a real one.
Thanks to all the participants that over the years I have been enjoying.
So much is happening rapidly. I can't wait to see the machines that make the machines.
Germany might be a place I could drive the Roadster but not sure the autobahn allows 250 mph.
Maybe autopilot could drive it that fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
What doesn't make sense?

Germany "sharing the cost of Eurozone bailouts" is like the United States sharing the cost of Western defense.

If German profits made from Southern Europe are returned as foreign aid/gifts to Southern Europe what is the point of profit? Germans are making cars for Southern Europe at cost as a public service for Europe?

I know this is most likely tongue in cheek, but Germany contributed around 25% (a bit more) of the EU bailout funds. As far as i know, there are other economies in Europe that put a bit of money in the bailouts (France put 20%, Italy 18%)...

• Helpful
Reactions: imherkimer
Agree, accept for Randy Carlson. He has not been posting much lately though. Hope he is well. He was a short, then long, now on the sidelines. But his articles are great, even if some of his engineering speculation is off base.
I don't remember him ever being short, he's always been positive about Tesla as long as I can remember. A few other authors there are good, Trent Eady, (sp?) comes to mind.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and kbM3
My guesses re the Cybertruck:-

Very cab- forward allowing low front screen so great view of the terrain. Also very long load deck - better than all competitors.
Available in single/ double AND triple cab (8- seater) - still with a useable load deck.

Long wheelbase for big battery. Really short overhangs.

Massive under deck secure storage a la Rivian (but much bigger)

Some clever rear tailgate with lift.

Ah that sounds a bit APC-ish.....
I agree with you on everything here. In addition, I believe there will be an optional, detachable rear enclosure/shell. What makes me think of this is Elon's statement "like a troop carrier".

To me CR is irrelevant. Tom Randall's survey is designed way better and it gets extensive feedback from real Tesla owners. Model 3 owners know how great this car is. Tom's survey result is a slap in CR's face.
CR is relevant because it gets extensive news coverage, and there is still a large population that values their ratings.

View attachment 476889 I just got my new Roadster II. If the stock goes much higher I would like to order a real one.
Thanks to all the participants that over the years I have been enjoying.
So much is happening rapidly. I can't wait to see the machines that make the machines.
Germany might be a place I could drive the Roadster but not sure the autobahn allows 250 mph.
Maybe autopilot could drive it that fast.

Its what you do not see, thats interesting. What battery powertrain tech is under that unibody?

You peeps are weird. I dreamed what everyone should be dreaming; dark sunglasses on even though it’s at night (insert one hit wonder song here), the latest ungraded personal Terminator at my side, driving through a horde of walkers like I don’t have a care in the world (because I don’t having made a 100 bagger with my TSLA shares making me filthy rich and owner of 7 private islands - one for every day of the week - and 2 yachts and a lifetime supply of protein bars), and mowing them down like a goat eats daisies.
Whatever pills you take .... stop it or share.

I took a large chunk of my IRA account and tried to time a takeoff in SolarCity(SCTY) from 2015 to 2016 with way out of the money LEAPs plus some shares. My plan was to be hyperagressive shooting for a 12-25x return if SCTY reached $80-100 within the year as a best case, 2x if it hit $70ish and still be alive in a worst case scenario.

My thesis was sales and all soft costs would be trimmed as they scaled. My SCTY shares converted and I'll be even on that investment chuunk when TSLA hits I believe.....$505

Now I buy shares of TSLA when they are low and I will sell when they are high.
I have lost a decent chunk of my net worth the last 2 years playing options with TSLA.

Options aren't inherently an evil thing, but seduction of the thrill and yes, sometimes, greed, can make you stray off your core investing philosophy and make you do things that are out of character.

Folks should still learn about options so they have a broader perspective on all the various investing instruments, just make sure you only gamble with money you can afford to lose.

New Hit pieces on Tesla GF1 as cautionary tale for GF3/GF4 and beyond:
USA Today, 2 days ago
The Verge and CNBC, today, built upon the USA Today piece
AZ Republic today (Flagstaff AZ was a contender for GF1)

Executive Summary
1. Claims of bad safety records at GF1 using anecdotes and counts of the number of 911 calls and OSHA visits
2. Claims this is due to rapid growth and expansion without taxes to support local services because of tax deferment deals
3. Concerns that new Tesla factories will create similar/worse problems. And AZ patting itself on the back for not hosting GF1.

Large doses of FUD here. Has someone have the data to compare GF1 safety to industry standards? Are local services in Reno/Sparks starved for revenue to respond to 911 calls?
Sounds like a proactive move to try to limit support for incentives for a potential GF5.