Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say, even with all of the stereotypical Detroit flash, it was a decent presentation. And the FIRST time one of the bigger automakers has pushed and praised electric propulsion. This will sell electric cars. This is good.

It made the Tesla fan/investor in me grin. :)
It made the EV proponent for a sustainable future absolutely beam! :D

I've always liked Ford and even owned a '13 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca for a while, at least they're smart enough to know to copy Tesla on a lot of stuff.

I have to say, even with all of the stereotypical Detroit flash, it was a decent presentation. And the FIRST time one of the bigger automakers has pushed and praised electric propulsion. This will sell electric cars. This is good.

My concern is that they ripped off way too many things from Tesla. First mover advantage ends up being the leader because why would people buy a rip off when the leader obviously is the pioneer? It was not until Android phones start differentiating itself from Apple through price, larger screens, and having OLED, and multitasking software that led a market share swing.

Not many people said the Taycan was some kind of rip off. Taycan stuck to designing a car where Tesla had short comings and paid off. The only problem is the price. This Mach-E just seems a little bit generic.

Basest of the base price vehicles is at $43,895. 75.7kW, 230 "targeted EPA" range. 0-60 in "low six=seconds".

I'm all for the transition of the world's vehicles to all-electric. And, as long as Tesla continues to make the finest ones available, I'll stay happy. I wasn't about to purchase a Mustang....not since I turned 16....and I'm still not about to, but I hope all those who do - choose the Mach E.

Not about to buy Ford stock, either, though.

I hated the presentation. But it is a good looking electric vehicle with maybe 300 miles of range in perfect conditions ;) They didn’t talk much about charging specs.

My biggest question though is where are the batteries coming from? How many can they build?

In all honesty, if you can get Ford to actually make and sell you one of these, and you don’t care about autopilot, the federal tax credit could make it somewhat tempting.

Not convinced they are serious about selling a whole lot of these things, though.

I did like the additional screen in front of driver...

Also curious to see the battery degradation in these ;)

Adding the larger (98.8kW) battery and clearcoat brings the $50,600 base price to $56,000 for the "premium" Mach E, as far as I've been able to configure.
I configed the cheapest way available, 2WD, small battery. Kinda sad that the best they can do is 6 seconds 0-60. The price to people in CA and MD will be cheap though, around $35k after rebates. Price is the only reason people would buy this over a base model Y. The only other thing I give it as an advantage is the driver LCD display. Pretty much everything else is worse then a model Y. I do not like the dial sitting in the middle of the screen. It is an anti-feature to me.