Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't care for the look, but maybe it will grow on me. But 500 mile range, solid acceleration, and rest of the specs look good enough for a preorder. Except the server keeps crashing.
The pop up camper option with the stove extension got my wife as soon as she saw it.

*She* says she wants it over the Model X or Y now.

I love the dent free exoskeleton and the performance.

So we both are sold. This might be something common with other suburbia families as well.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-5.51.24-AM.jpg

The two less expensive versions are coming in “late 2021”, while two more expensive versions with more motors and bigger battery packs are going to be available in “late 2022.”

That's 4 versions...

Initial looks are going to be polarizing, but ultimately it will come down to function and pricing. Presentation was very poor and it was hard to get a sense of overall utility of the truck.

Pricing will slaughter every other electric truck out there so I suspect this will build momentum over time as people understand what it offers compared to other Electric trucks.

To say I'm disappointed is a total understatement. I thought Musk said he learned his lesson on the Model X?

Why can't Tesla just build normal vehicles like the Model S and Model 3? I don't even get the point of this truck.

I just don't see how they will ever sell over 20k a year.

And now I'll spend the next 2 years trying to defend another boneheaded move by Musk. No wonder Straubel quit - he didn't want know part of this career-ending monstrosity.

Musk seriously needs to bring in some new designers with some fresh ideas. There were 10 trucks on the internet that would have sold 20 times as many as this truck - and for an actual profit. There's no way they're making any money on a $70k truck that gets 500 miles of range. Just not possible.

Performance specs are amazing, but TSLA is getting killed tomorrow.
I think you're right. A lot of people commenting, even hard core fans, hate the look. It is jarring, and I was expecting weird, but a different weird I guess. I'm sure Tesla will sell all they can make but I don't think the market will like this at all in the short term.

And there I was laughing at Ford last week for their presentation that made me feel like I was in 1955.

What in the world is going on? Why show this thing at all if it wasn't ready? This was actually worse than the Y reveal, and I didn't think it could get worse.

Because it freezes sales, perhaps fatally, for some competing EV trucks.

Competing vehicles are 50-100% more expensive with worse specs.

I'm really surprised that most of you don't like the design. I really like it and hoped it would be something as minimalistic as this.
What did you expect? It's called Cybertruck, cyber, not ordinary truck or boringtruck or F150 "I want to poison you" truck.

Also regarding air resistance i'm pretty sure the cw will be fare lower than on any other current competitors or fan-rendered design.

But at the end design doesn't even matter if you have to chose between a ford mustang F-151 with 180 miles range and a bed half the size of cyber because they had to chose between classic design, long bed and second row seats.

I do like the design of a bugatti type 55 much more then all new cars, but if functionality and spec are so fare superior then everything else it doesn't matter, it will sell.

I think I am glad I sold out all my short term shares at $359 today. There will be a drop following this event for me to go back in with my short term funds. Happens all the time with Tesla events/unveils in the past couple years. Too much hype builds IMO leading up to every Tesla event/unveil.

Not going to lie, the Rivian looks a little more palatable.

I agree with your sentiment. This event was hyped up more than it should be. Waiting to buy back in at a lower price. What price point are you looking at?