Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're right. A lot of people commenting, even hard core fans, hate the look. It is jarring, and I was expecting weird, but a different weird I guess. I'm sure Tesla will sell all they can make but I don't think the market will like this at all in the short term.

and that’s the risk of pushing the envelope.

i’m mixed. i really think is ballsy. my other comment explains the perspective i view it from. but again, mainstream won’t see it the way many of us here do.
that’s ok. i think it will be ok even if it gets tarred and feathered in the Ms media

the bread and butter are 3 and Y until they can make a pickup for the masses, which they simply can’t do yet..hence the gamble with polarizing form factor.

I ordered one. Now that I am seeing all the other pics and videos, this is already growing on me. It really is very functional.

I am a total old school off road-er with many thousands of miles of Sahara/North Africa, many arctic trips, all over Mexico and all of the great USA desert southwest. I've owned all sorts of 4WD trucks: Land Cruisers, Land Rover 110, Troopers, F250, Mitsubishi L300, Tacomas, Ram2500 diesels and more.

Since I got my Model S in 2012 and became concerned about climate, I barely make any trips in my Ram 2500 anymore. I just feel too guilty.

This truck will allow me to live my previous life of adventure once again!

Last edited:
Because it freezes sales, perhaps fatally, for some competing EV trucks.

Competing vehicles are 50-100% more expensive with worse specs.

You folks must not live in pickup land. I do. People buy trucks that look good all jacked up and makes them feel manly. Every other vehicle in South Ga is a pickup truck, and rarely is anything being hauled or in the bed.

Work trucks are the 5 year old pickups - that used to look good, but not any more.

Every single person I know with a work truck has an F250 or F350.

Regular pickup trucks are nothing more than a fashion statement glamorized by country music. This is NOT going to be glamorized in a country music song!!

I think I am glad I sold out all my short term shares at $359 today. There will be a drop following this event for me to go back in with my short term funds. Happens all the time with Tesla events/unveils in the past couple years. Too much hype builds IMO leading up to every Tesla event/unveil.

Not going to lie, the Rivian looks a little more palatable.

Wife was excited to see (she likes trucks) and stayed up to watch. Suffice it to say, she is more interested in the Rivian. No deposits here. But, to each, his, or her, own. I hope it does well enough.

The single motor RWD version will offer 250 miles of range.

A dual motor all-wheel-drive version will reach 300 miles of range and a tri-motor version will have 500 miles of range:

Model X has 314 mils with 100 kWh.

Therefore:

80 kWh - maybe 75?
100 kWh?
175 kWh? Not double height? With battery improvements this might be in the same volume as 125.

50% more battery than SR+ for the same price - plus a few other features....
That is exactly what i was guessing about the roadster, just didnt think they would achieve those specs with a double height battery pack. Forget the car the pickup/truck, we all want to know how they are going to get 500+ miles range in a pickup, aka the Model T?

Reactions: Thumper
I am in the camp of people who don't like the design but if the final options include this, I might get one anyway:View attachment 479828

I don't have a car at all right now. Don't need one. But I'm thinking of getting one for camping. And I don't even need any of those extras. The bed is large enough to sleep two comfortably. Between saved gas and less hotel rooms this thing could pay for itself.

I just read a comment:

"Some sh*t I would draw in middle school with a ruler and a protractor"

Ouch.

Yeah we get that you're not a fan of the look. People are posting once saying I like it, love it, or hate it. But they're not saying it over and over again. Bout to go on the ignore list