Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walter MacVane on Twitter ( follow him for lots of good TSLA stuff)
Vessel #6, Morning Cindy is being berthed into Pier 80
So when the world finds out that Tesla is in fact dumping all those cars into the ocean ....well then they will surely go bankwrupt from the resulting ecological destruction fines!

Odd how a company dedicated to saving the environment is so crass about dumping car's into the ocean:D

Okay, let's do that.

I love this ITAR-safe photo where the injectors are under-exposed to such a degree that they are completely invisible. ;)

The photo is of Raptor. It has no pintle injectors, because it does not inject liquids. Were you talking about a different photo other than the one you were responding to?

What you wrote is equivalent to someone posting a picture of an EV powertrain and writing:

I love this espionage-safe photo where the spark plugs are under-exposed to such a degree that they are completely invisible. ;)

And then you and someone else going off on a discussion of whether spark plug photos are hidden in the engines of other cars.

One of the main advantages of full flow staged combustion is that everything that's burned in the combustion chamber is gas phase. There's no "injecting" of liquids at all. There's no magic to the burning mixes of gases like there is with liquids; they mix and burn easily.
Again with the analogy/ strawman. Yes, @Fact Checking was not specifically talking about Raptor, they were talking about pictures of rocket engines.

Don't take my interpretation, read the rest of the post, this time in bullet format instead of bold 7 point:
(Challenge for those who think this is conspiracy talk: of the many photos of SpaceX rockets and the Merlin engines, link to just one photo that is up the business end of the nozzle showing the shape, grouping and placement of the pintle injectors. I believe you are not going to find any such picture.)

Key points:
  • Challenge for those who think this is conspiracy talk
  • of the many photos of SpaceX rockets and the Merlin engines
  • link to just one photo that is up the business end of the nozzle
  • showing the shape, grouping and placement of the pintle injectors
  • I believe you are not going to find any such picture.)

MODERATOR WARNING:
Those subtopics not central to the presumed theme of this thread AND whose participants have with perplexing consistency demonstrated an inability to converse in a civilized fashion will not be permitted to continue here. Poster child of the day for this is:

• SpaceX and its Raptor engines
There will be ZERO more posts on this topic here. You may take all such posts over to where they obviously belong - in the SpaceX subforum - and let yourselves be thrashed into ignominy by its active members - who know what they're talking about.

===>ALL further discussion here will have such postings summarily vaporized; presumably until Moderators sense that discussion can be maintained in an adult fashion<===

The trade deal is coming in a few weeks, I think the probability is now above 95%. This deal will positively impact Tesla in several ways.

1. Stock market goes up -> Tesla vehicle demand goes up. People who see their stock holdings drop 30% are unlikely to buy expensive new cars, the reverse is also true.

2. When stock market goes up, it will lift the valuation of all stocks, including TSLA.

3. The possibility for a recession drops from 70% to 10%.

4. Less obstacles in the future when Tesla expand in China.

5. Tariff on parts imported from China drops.

6. China likely to reduce EV import tariff to zero.

7. China will not force US companies to transfer IP.

8. Shorts get burned so they have less money to play with.

9. Tesla is one step close to achieve Master Plan Part Deux.

10. Next, US will discuss vehicle tariff with EU.

This trade deal will have long term effect, not just this year.
Loving the theory. Is this our new S&P500 saviour theory? I am still in the S&P camp but happy to be proven wrong by this any day of the week!

MODERATOR WARNING:
Those subtopics not central to the presumed theme of this thread AND whose participants have with perplexing consistency demonstrated an inability to converse in a civilized fashion will not be permitted to continue here. Poster child of the day for this is:

• SpaceX and its Raptor engines
There will be ZERO more posts on this topic here. You may take all such posts over to where they obviously belong - in the SpaceX subforum - and let yourselves be thrashed into ignominy by its active members - who know what they're talking about.

===>ALL further discussion here will have such postings summarily vaporized; presumably until Moderators sense that discussion can be maintained in an adult fashion<===

Ruminations about sports permitted today only?

I was talking about super-bull Sunday. I don’t know where all this sports talk came from.

So when the world finds out that Tesla is in fact dumping all those cars into the ocean ....well then they will surely go bankwrupt from the resulting ecological destruction fines!

Odd how a company dedicated to saving the environment is so crass about dumping car's into the ocean:D

I think you’re forgetting an important detail. Tesla’s come with submarine mode. Full self diving is right around the corner.

Please don’t spend any time convincing me of that. I already agree with you that towing is more important on sedans in some markets and Tesla should offer more towing options. That doesn’t mean that Audi is outdoing Tesla by offering towing on a mediocre electric SUV.

If Audi offers towing on the A4 in Europe, you could convince me that Audi is outdoing Tesla in the “sedans with towing” market. Not the EVs with towing market.

Actually - and especially now that Tesla is no longer betting its future on whether it can mass produce the Model 3, it would be trivial for Tesla to very slightly modify the Model 3, so it at a later stage can have a tow-bar retrofitted as if the vehicle was originally built with it.

Depending on the model Audi charges up to 2k € for that retrofitting service (in case the car was not originally built with that option), they offer it for models down to at least the A3,

https://shops.audi.com/de_DE/web/zubehoer/p/anhaengevorrichtung-8v0092155a-10

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
The roadster is expected to start at 200k. That's cheap compared to Ferrari and Mclaren.

The Ferrari California is $200k IIRC, and I think the McLaren 540s are under $200k. Ferrari sells 8k cars throughout all it's models, and McLaren about 3k.

Porsche sells 15-20,000 911s annually

The 911 starts at under $100k

selling ~5000 Roadsters a year would be a massive success.

Ruminations about sports permitted today only?
I don't have the discipline so I better keep away from the subject today. Anyway, didn't I win the argument?
Does that mean that Europeans get to flood the thread with Eurovision stuff when it comes around? I mean, it has significantly more viewership than the Superbowl.... ;) hehe
Nil points!
I beg you....