Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we look at the last seven days, "Tesla Truck" is initially the most popular search term, but now "cybertruck" has overtaken it. There is little diurnal variation in "cybertruck" suggesting it is world-wide, with "Tesla Truck" being for the USA.

View attachment 481923

One thing to consider is that Cyber Truck is searched by both Tesla Lovers and haters.
Shorts must had got hard-ons seeing the windows break ;)
I don't think that was the case for Model 3 ... cheers!!

+Viral moment anyway. In the conversation for Thanks giving.

Reactions: capster and Runarbt
Resistance is futile.
You WILL be assimilated.
Hmmmm....
Cyberttex.jpg

Added Shares. Jan 22 Leaps

I converted my $400 Jan'22s into $500 Jan'22s just now.
  • Q3 showed they can be much more operationally efficient than I previously thought.
  • Model Y is looking like it'll ramp faster than I previously assumed (previously only expected 5k/week by mid-2021).
  • It's possible we'll see some Giga 4 production by end of 2021, previously I thought there was basically no chance of this.
  • Elon again reiterating robotaxis in 2020 during Q3 conference call doesn't make me believe him, but does make me more optimistic that it'll improve to the point where it'll impact SP by Jan'22.
They're slightly more risky than the $400s, but a lot of extra upside at SP of 600$+.

The $600 and $640 leaps are too pricey atm imo, but I'll definitely buy some if they are ever in the 10-15$ range.

True :) I also dream at night about the new Roadster, but how many cars does a family need! I might trade my M3P in for the new Roadster when it comes so that I can get to work 1s faster each day
Yeah, I'm more motivated to buy a cybertruck than anything else but there's the problem of "who will drive it" and "where will it be parked". I don't have a garage and the location of charging is less than ideal (can't reach for yard parking and can't park anything larger than my model 3 where its at).

Because my wife is still driving a legacy vehicle I think we will likely get something but it may not end up being a cybertruck. I've got a couple of years to figure it out.

What still amazes me is that even though getting a model Y makes more sense for us I didn't reserve one, but the morning after reveal I reserved a cybertruck. And I'm a car guy.

I can't imagine that it was deliberate. Elon looked drained / angry for the whole rest of the unveil and felt like he was rushing it through. Got a little energy back when they unveiled the ATV, but still really seemed to be in a rush to get offstage.

Looked like he thought he had just ruined Tesla's winning streak with a PR disaster.
Agree, same facial expressions as when he got those messages after he smoked live on JRE.
But, same as that time, unexpectedly the outcome was pretty good for Tesla.

I always say the smoking incident probably helped Model 3 a lot, since all the short FUD turned to attack Elon personally and they forgot to attack the product for a long while.

This time, free exposure with endless MEMEs.

The difference from most of you is, I really could use the Cybertruck. But the combination of the expense and the wait time (probably three years here) is the problem. Need a new car ASAP. And while Cybertruck would see extensive use on my land and the highlands, it's quite subpar for the city and long drives around the Ring Road without cargo.

If the stock goes up enough over the next few years, though, I'll get it in addition to my upcoming Model 3. :)

The difference from most of you is, I really could use the Cybertruck. But the combination of the expense and the wait time (probably three years here) is the problem. Need a new car ASAP. And while Cybertruck would see extensive use on my land and the highlands, it's quite subpar for the city and long drives around the Ring Road without cargo.

If the stock goes up enough over the next few years, though, I'll get it in addition to my upcoming Model 3. :)
My prediction is you will be getting a CT.