Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I'm done.
Just can no longer justify my Model Y reservation when there is such a superior vehicle out there and for less money. Yeah, sorry but I cancelled my Model Y reservation. Sorry if I let down the Tesla community.
(I reserved a Cyberturck instead.) lol

Sorry, this is very much tongue in cheek. The Y is going to be huge for Tesla and it looks to be a fantastic car. Truck just addresses my needs and wants better, and no I would never consider any other vehicle other than a Tesla at this point. Just nothing compares.

Dan

OK, I'm done.
Just can no longer justify my Model Y reservation when there is such a superior vehicle out there and for less money. Yeah, sorry but I cancelled my Model Y reservation. Sorry if I let down the Tesla community.

Sorry, this is very much tongue in cheek. The Y is going to be huge for Tesla and it looks to be a fantastic car. Truck just addresses my needs and wants better, and no I would never consider any other vehicle other than a Tesla at this point. Just nothing compares.

Dan

"At this point"? You mean "at that point two years in the future", right? ;)

Can't wait to see what M3 and MY will be like two years from now!

Have you met anyone who refrain from flying just because the airport might be busy? I'd love to have a words with them.

Ya when possible people do avoid busy hours. it's called "Planning". To avoid Thanksgiving Sunday, some people will leave on Saturday, some on Monday(take extra day off) ...

If you can you avoid office hour driving, game day metro hours etc. etc.
Those who cannot suffer the delays. Think about sitting in traffic during office hours ...

It's basic supply, demand issue ...

"At this point"? You mean "at that point two years in the future", right? ;)

Can't wait to see what M3 and MY will be like two years from now!
Absolutely! A little longer wait actually suits my financial situation a little better. We are looking at building our dream house on a beautiful piece of property we found out in the woods. Never built from scratch before so this is all new to us. Keeping the finances quiet for a while will help us through the financing process.

Gonna just keep loving our 3 until then!

Dan

I avoid airports, line or no line (see my link in signature, shameplane).
I can NOT wait for the day when I can get in my Tesla, go to sleep, and wake up in Florida. I've flown for over a million miles, and it's often a miserable experience. No airfare, no TSA, no airport delays, no rental car fees etc. Once FSD is close then it's time to short airlines and rental car companies.

Please tell me, the busiest compressed driving season is upon us and getting ALL charging stations working at least on interstates was not a priority.

The videos of lines of Teslas waiting to charge this busy travel holiday, are hitting various forums.

Rapid EV adoption brings queues at some EV chargers on Thanksgiving weekend - Electrek

San Luis Obispo, CA is on US-101, not on an Interstate.
Salinas, CA
113.6 miles
Atasacadero, CA
18.8 miles
San Luis Obispo, CA

Those larger gaps create choke points as more people are forced to stop because they don't have enough charge to cross the gap. They're more likely to stop with higher states of charge, which slows down charging. This is something increased density would help with. Tesla really needs something between Salinas, CA and Atascadero, CA, say in San Lucas, CA to spread the load.

It might have been exacerbated by Atasacadero, CA having problems so people avoided that Supercharger.

Kettleman City, CA is on I-5 and was busy. Somebody reported 40 stalls full, 40 waiting.
Charging had slowed down from max.
I think part of Kettleman City, CA's problem for busy times is that it has some v3 stalls, plus it's large, so people are actively choosing it as a stop. Somebody stopped at Harris Ranch, CA instead and said it wasn't busy.

It's probably made worse by the busy Superchargers in urban areas which encourage people to charge more at ex-urban Superchargers instead of following optimal charging strategies.

Optimal charging strategy would normally be to drive until a Supercharger puts you closest to the bottom of the state-of-charge sweet spot, charge to the top of the sweet spot, then leave and repeat. But once there are lines, the low-risk strategy becomes to charge to higher percentages to minimize stops, which reduces available capacity and exacerbates the capacity problems.

More density and more v3 are my prescription.

Kelvin Yang on Twitter
Rumors about Shanghai made Model 3 getting cash subsidy have been floating around for a while. This time it came with a number: ¥24750($3500), possibly starting on 25th Dec

Could this be one reason why deliveries haven't happened yet?

+ if this is the only issue, and everything else is planned, logistics etc worked out ... in last week of Dec, maybe then can pull 3-5K deliveries from GF3 . Recall in prior Q's how TSLA China pulled all-nighters ...

Last edited:
Dieselgate back in the news. this time the UK:
UK motorists start VW 'dieselgate' legal action

The UK's first major mass litigation has begun, with about 100,000 motorists seeking redress from Volkswagen over the "dieselgate" emissions scandal.

Lawyers representing owners of VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda cars told the High Court the German firm misled consumers.

In 2015, VW admitted 11 million cars worldwide - including 1.2 million in the UK - were fitted with software that cut emission readings in tests.

But it denies deceiving regulators, despite rulings against it elsewhere.

The carmaker also says that, whatever the merits of the case, the UK drivers seeking compensation faced no losses.

Have you met anyone who refrain from flying just because the airport might be busy? I'd love to have a words with them.

I'd rather go to the dentist than an airport. The absolute worst way to travel and reserved for those few unpleasant times when there isn't another practical option. At least with domestic cattle cars, er, carriers.

It seems like 99% of airports and airplanes are a test case for that yet to arrive dystopian future populated with govt control, surveillance, mistreatment, aisle seat tribes and the cult of first class. Throw in some screaming babies, idiot drunks, sick seatmates, fights, seat torture, no or expensive food, and sex acts and you have Mad Max at 30K feet. Give me a CT where I stand a fighting chance on the ground.

Okay, some hyperbole, but I really dislike flying. /Rant

Last edited:
MODERATOR:
SpC availability is germane to this thread insofar but ONLY insofar as it relates directly to the financial viability in the short- and long-term of Tesla. To the extent discussion remains laser-focused on that is the extent to which discussion can continue.

Otherwise, take it to the Charging threads.

If not, either all such posts will be terminated with extreme prejudice, OR you might be endlessly regaled with the blessèd virtues of Life In Alaska, whereat we not once EVER have had an issue of having a Supercharger either be crowded or glitchy or out of service. Never.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 11.26.57 AM.png

Raul on Twitter

Tesla deliveries in Denmark 2019:
November S/3/X: 120/1852/78
October S/3/X: 6/23/4

Tesla deliveries in Denmark 2019:
November S/3/X: 120/1852/78
October S/3/X: 6/23/4

Bilimp.dk - Vis nyhed
Bilimp.dk - Vis nyhed

PS. November deliveries for Germany do not seem to be out yet, for October they were 293, for Jan-Sept 9008.
I am quite sure the Numbers above are october only and year to date to the end of october.
Will check once I am at a computer, cannot do so from my phone.

OK, I'm done.

Dan
MY is going to be the RT car of choice. I doubt you would have trouble selling it for your cost or greater by the time CT is available.

They will still be hard to sleep in while camping :)

It's not real camping if you're not sleeping on the ground in the great out-of-doors! People I know refer to camping when the car is in the vicinity as car-camping (meaning they didn't have to pack their camping gear down a trail). But they don't sleep in their car!