Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are so fast...yep either a glitch...or not..but she sprang up alright:D

What did it spring up to? Right now, I see 333.70 -- was it higher than this?

upload_2019-12-5_13-22-46.png

Is it possible that only the Cybertruck will be built at GF1? This would avoid a stamping press and paint shop at GF1 altogether.

Semi could also not require a press or paint shop be part of this if the body panels were shipped in. Presumably not much of the chassis is pressed already?

Interesting thoughts.
Do the trucks that transport battery packs and Model 3 motors from GF1 to Fremont return to GF1 empty?
(Or maybe they carry ingredients/parts for battery cells/packs + motors).

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
From the wapo article comments:

"Regarding charging Teslas and other electric vehicles. While I charge at home, I have had no problems going on long trips. The map tells you where the Tesla charging stations are and directs you there. I like to walk the dog, have a cup of coffee and walk around a bit. The Tesla is so comfortable and temperature controlled, I often just sit in it while it is charging at a supercharger and play the video games on the screen. (I am an 81 year old female.

Also, there are wonderful Tesla groups on Facebook, who give hints on charging and most everything Tesla related. My favorite group is Tesla Divas, where we don't have to put up with nasty male comments."

:D:D:D

Wow, colour me surprised. Despite the supply limits, and the UK being 100% in initial-delivery-surge mode last quarter, the UK is up QoQ in November, 2227 -> 2317.
Unfortunately those numbers (both for 2nd month of Q2 and for Nov.) are assumed rather than known, and in fact the Nov. number looks high. The UK monthly numbers are not broken out for Tesla, instead Tesla registrations are reported by the SMMT each month under the “Other imports” section, and that number is 2405 for November. Typically that’s a couple hundred cars more than the total Tesla cars as it includes several other (admittedly exotic) brands.
Later edit: I had another look at the numbers: the total number for “other imports” is typically between about 250 and 410 cars higher than the registered Tesla’s when compared per quarter! So maybe that estimate is not that far off the mark after all, but still large error margins there…

We can only get actual Tesla registration numbers on a quarterly basis from the Department for Transport, and the numbers for Q2 are still not out yet — expected at some point this month.

I’d be super-happy with 2317 for Nov. though…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Close -- Jonas raised his bull case to $500.

Tesla (TSLA) Bull Case Raised to $500 at Morgan Stanley, Maintains 'Equal Weight'

> Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas raised his bull case on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $500 from $440 but maintained an Equal weight rating and $250.00 price target.

The bull case was raised to account for the Cybrertruck and a more optimist scenario in China.

The firm said they are not bullish on Tesla long-term.

---
Pretty funny how a guy who is wrong more than right can move a stock:

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/adam-jonas

> 49% of his recommendations were profitable.

Maybe he is trying to be less wrong by having a spread of 10-500.

Wow... it's crazy to think about that... it's possible (low odds, but possible) that one of those cars might be mine.

After all this waiting, the thought that my car might be already made and just sitting in a lot in California....

I hope Tesla can match up that sad handful of left behind cars with some order cancellations...

But what I want to know is, what caused these cars to be left behind?

If f.ex. the loading op had a collision between two cars that were then deemed irreparable, then one would expect both cars to be left behind near each other, but this does not seem to be the case.

Tesla (TSLA) Bull Case Raised to $500 at Morgan Stanley, Maintains 'Equal Weight'

> Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas raised his bull case on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $500 from $440 but maintained an Equal weight rating and $250.00 price target.

The bull case was raised to account for the Cybrertruck and a more optimist scenario in China.

The firm said they are not bullish on Tesla long-term.

---
Pretty funny how a guy who is wrong more than right can move a stock:

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/adam-jonas

> 49% of his recommendations were profitable.

Maybe he is trying to be less wrong by having a spread of 10-500.
This is definitely gonna help the MM who cannot think for them selves :)

Human greed?
China Trade Agreement
Moving closer to China Trade Agreement
The appearance of moving closer to China Trade Agreement
Leaked email from Musk to Employees
Unexpected announcement from Tesla
Analyst upgrades before Q4 results in January
Update of Cybertruck Reservation numbers
Announcement of Cybertruck reservation by major municipal police department
China Production number leaks
Euro Gigafactory 4 Permit Approvals
Announcement of reservation numbers for made in China Model 3
Major Partnerships for Tesla Solar Roof install
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Not saying even one of these things is going to happen (or that all of them won't happen). I'm just pointing out that it's silly to think there's no potential impetus for share price to move higher until delivery numbers are released. And a small share price rise can be all the impetus needed for a larger share price rise. Particularly if the impetus of the small price rise is bullish for Q4 numbers. It's like a self-feeding frenzy. Investors are like lemmings. No one wants to jump in until everyone wants to jump in.
You forgot M3 shipments to Iceland. ;)