Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Background image of the Weibo account of Tom Zhu, president of Tesla Greater China:

ELQnplLU8AAJ38A

Do you have data/examples?

No disrespect to either political party, just interested from an investor perspective. If there is real political push against Tesla from US Democrats, where/what/how, how much of a threat, and are they likely to get stronger or weaker?

Thx
I've seen nothing against Tesla specifically from Democrats, except senator Markey(Massachusetts) about Autopilot. They certainly appear to be the 'all in' party with regards to climate change and renewable energy though.

I've seen nothing against Tesla specifically from Democrats, except senator Markey(Massachusetts) about Autopilot. They certainly appear to be the 'all in' party with regards to climate change and renewable energy though.
The only thing I HATE is that Dems almost always say “research” and “new technology” when talking about MMGW when the answer is right in front of their face right now. Tesla, just Tesla. Solar, giant batteries and EVs. More of what we have right now, no need for massive R&D. Our local utility is now doing “community solar” for parking lots. Customer buys solar panels and gets utility credit for production, building owner gets free covered parking.

Last edited:
The only difference is that there's no stamping building on the plans for the east building. I simply interpret that as meaning that they'll be sharing a stamping line.
This is correct. Stamping is done in batches on the same press in Freemont for all cars made there. There has to be another body in white line, but not another stamping area. Storage of stamped panels does take up space though, and making more variety might take up more space for that.

Just wanted to let you know, I tweeted about your post (gave you a hat tip :) ), and it's gone viral.

Nafnlaus on Twitter

As I speak, 234 retweets and 746 likes, and counting. You can practically watch them count up in realtime. Some not even from Tesla people - for example, I saw one person who makes bikes using it as an example of why he's not afraid of other people copying his designs. ;)

I'm assuming Elon liked it too as it's now up to 6.5k likes, your phone will have been buzzing non-stop and you likely doubled your followers :)

Not a single soul mentioned or alluded to a +5% or + 8% Monday (except for you). What we have heard repeatedly is how the reporting on a single car crash (in which the driver was charged for negligence) will significantly impact TSLA shares negatively Monday morning.

Please stop with the illogical nonsense! What's tiring is your repeated assertions that your scenario is supported by the facts and reality. Keyword: repeated.
I find repetition from your side of aisle more tiring.

Just came back from Europe. Noticed many many i3s and Egolf. Saw TWO Tesla Model S. I see pricing being a huge factor vs the European brands of EVs. This is why the Model 3 is so popular but lackluster S+X sales. Those are the most expensive cars on the list here.

Well depends where you went I guess. I see, on average 10 Teslas per day around Brussels, but an eGolf is a rare sight. i3's used to be more popular, don't see them quite so much any more.

It's been in tons of articles, such as this one:
Tesla Cybertruck: Range, Power, Payload, Towing, Price + More - Automobile

Remember that a lot of the journalists writing on Cybertruck were directly meeting with Tesla during the work on their articles, which were then embargoed until the release.

It's also the "really bloody obvious answer" to the question of range. Tesla has been talking about going to double-thickness .

I see:
"With a battery pack that can be double-stacked for up to 500 miles miles of range"

Can be doesn't mean will be.

I believe they did say something like this about roadster a while back, that we can achieve that range today (via double pack), but I don't think it was a commitment. More like declaration of a backup option.

Also, I don't think Tesla would share Cybertruck battery details with Motortrend. They should have saved it for battery investor day.

By blocking Lora, Ryan, and Dana - Tesla is basically putting them in same category as a tslaq influencer. The more tslaq and these blocked media types complain - the bigger the spotlight on their reporting. Brilliant move. Also a quiet confidence that Tesla is firing on all cylinders. At some - point - the short mafia has to contend that Tesla is growing every time someone buys one of their products. We are growing out of niche status.