Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
China expected delivery date for Model 3s LR AWD and P has also now switched to Q1 in the configurator.
Hopefully this means Tesla have sold all China inventory before the tariff step up on December 15th.

New Zealand is now the only country outside NA where I can see any December delivery dates for any Model 3 model.

China was the biggest uncertainty on clearing Model 3 inventory this quarter. I think it is looking like we have a good chance of a very significant reduction in Model 3 inventory in Q4. Tesla finished Q3 at 15k Model 3s and 7.5k Model S&X in inventory.

If Tesla completely clears all international Model 3 inventory and focuses the final week of the quarter on California production (relative to Q3 where they likely started International production around 5 days before the end of Q), I don't think its impossible to see Model 3 deliveries 10k ahead of production in Q4.

Just scroll back further on their account than 25 November, you're probably in there somewhere. I mean, it's just a nonstop flood of copyvio from this site.

I can’t report until they copy my content. Or wait, isn’t it more the TMC site (Admin) itself who’s the copyright holder (authorized representative)?

79A0F4C6-9105-4376-904D-C7D6D7B83B3C.png

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Somewhat OT. Not sure why people just like but not retweet. I can understand why EM didn't do it - talking about others. Retweets drive the impressions.

I tend to un-follow Twitter handles that frequently re-tweet because they typically just cause me to see the same tweet multiple times (or alternatively cause me to see something that does not interest me) - as opposed to Twitter handles that post original content.

I can’t report until they copy my content. Or wait, isn’t it more the TMC site (Admin) itself who’s the copyright holder (authorized representative)?

View attachment 486145

Nope. You're the copyright holder. As a general rule (forum rules may vary), by posting on a forum, you grant said forum the right to reproduce your content.

If you write something on Twitter, for example, you grant Twitter the right to publish your tweets, including when other people retweet them, and even offsite embedding of tweets. But you remain the copyright owner. It doesn't give someone else the right to take your tweets off Twitter and, say, use them on Seeking Alpha or wherever, because you haven't granted the rights to Seeking Alpha, or the person trying to post on SA.

Wow, this short-seller's account is just a nonstop stream of copyright violations from TMC users.

Not-a-Defamation (@zomgapocalypse) | Twitter

Examples:

Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Marius A
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @StealthP3D
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @FactChecking
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Az_Rael, @Kevy Baby
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @ggr
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Causalien, @NakedLong
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Bobfitz1 , @KarenRei
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @JetFalcon
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @LN1_Casey
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Unpilot
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Krugerrand , @Causalien
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @kcoms
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @cliffski
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @SoGA Fan Club , @jerry33
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Singuy , @KarenRei , @Hock1 , @lklundin
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Cattledog, @Artful Dodger
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Fact Checking
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Ac3p
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Nocturnal, @SunCatcher
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @AlexS, @TradingInvest
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @TradingInvest, @FactChecking
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Right_Said_Fred , @jerry33
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Electroman
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @StarFoxisDown! , @Huskyf
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @humbaba, @Huskyf
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Curt Renz , @Huskyf
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @StarFoxisDown! , @Mike Smith , @Nocturnal
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @SpaceCash , @brantse
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @SpaceCash , @Causalien
Not-a-Defamation on Twitter - @Uncle Paul , @glide

.... and this is just since November 25. His entire account is pure copyright violation.

If you're on the TSLAQ blocklist, right-click and open in incognito mode to see them. To report a copyright violation:

Report copyright infringement.

Reported, thanks.

Nope. You're the copyright holder. As a general rule (forum rules may vary), by posting on a forum, you grant said forum the right to reproduce your content.

If you write something on Twitter, for example, you grant Twitter the right to publish your tweets, including when other people retweet them, and even offsite embedding of tweets. But you remain the copyright owner. It doesn't give someone else the right to take your tweets off Twitter and, say, use them on Seeking Alpha or wherever, because you haven't granted the rights to Seeking Alpha, or the person trying to post on SA.
There are exceptions that allow for news reporting and discussion, with proper attribution, but this guy is using screen captures and therefore copying logos/pictures and other things not needed to prove his point.

View attachment 486145

Side note: in those screenshots both are copyright holders: the content is copyrighted by the poster, but the TMC logo and site layout are copyright TMC.

Any of the copyright holders can file a DMCA complaint if their content is copied into a tweet without permission.

minutes ago
Elon just liked this tweet:
Praised by Elon Musk, Japan fund move fuels short-selling debate

One thing shareholders can do to help the cause is to call your financial institution where you hold shares and request they don’t lend out shares you carry with them. If they refuse - you can put in a standing open “limit” sell order at some really high price like $2000 that just stays open vs closes at end of trading day. This simple action I believe prevents them from including your shares in the pool to lend out.

if there are enough of shareholders who do this with enough shares - it can make a difference. Consider doing this.

Good idea! Done with my few hundred. I noticed that E-Trade doesn't have GTC limit orders any longer. So, I did 60 days and will renew if I can't find a longer method.

Reactions: Prime_Number
Good idea! Done with my few hundred. I noticed that E-Trade doesn't have GTC limit orders any longer. So, I did 60 days and will renew if I can't find a longer method.

Ihor from S3 says that putting a sell order in won't prevent your shares from being lent out. But they can only lend them out if you have a margin enabled account and you have used margin. (Unless you sign up for their "fully-paid" lending program.)

Ihor from S3 says that putting a sell order in won't prevent your shares from being lent out. But they can only lend them out if you have a margin enabled account and you have used margin. (Unless you sign up for their "fully-paid" lending program.)

No margin here ever. Just a basic buy and hold periodically. So, may be good anyway then.

I tend to un-follow Twitter handles that frequently re-tweet because they typically just cause me to see the same tweet multiple times (or alternatively cause me to see something that does not interest me) - as opposed to Twitter handles that post original content.
Twitter will show retweets multiple times only if it is retweeted with comment. If I just want more people to see a tweet, I retweet without comments. That won't get repeated if a user has already seen that tweet.

I wouldn't worry too much about the twitter nonsense. The impact on retail investors is a rounding error, and it has zero impact on institutions. I think the only *real* impact from all the twitter lies is on potential buyers, and the real rub there is that all social media skews pretty young and...right now a lot of the people with the money to buy new cars are older.
I'd worry a lot more about TV news shows, and print media printing lies and nonsense than I would social media. As ever, the proof is in seeing with your own eyes. The biggest things we can do to cut through the nonsense is as owners so...

a) Dont drive your tesla like an ass :D Let people out at junctions, say thanks when people let you out etc...
b) Always be enthusiastic about your experience with he car if anybody asks about it

People in my village probably read a lot of old, biased nonsense newspapers and watch crappy TV shows, but I'm pretty sure that 95% of their knowledge about tesla being good/bad is that they know someone in the village has one and loves it and always says so :D

Word of mouth trumps all.

There hasn't been that many bad news lately. Elon won the court case, Cybertruck is preordering like gangbusters, GF3 is delivering cars..nothing but one good news after another. The manipulators need something and I'm just saying they finally got something. A 5% rally now turned into a 1% rally, who knows. Short term we always see exaggerated drops from stupid news.

Hey I would be ecstatic if AP crashes doesn't affect SP anymore. That to me is better news than anything I can think of because I constantly worry about on some random day AP causes some kind of serious accidents when now there are over 500k Teslas on the road. It'll be a freaken huge win if CNBC doesn't pick up the story at all!

There's no such thing as an "AP crash", there's only drivers that didn't pay attention, same as in a car without any driving aids.

As far as I can see these aren't really headlines any more, well the FUD media try their best, but they don't impact the SP.

Battery fires neither.

minutes ago
Elon just liked this tweet:
Praised by Elon Musk, Japan fund move fuels short-selling debate

One thing shareholders can do to help the cause is to call your financial institution where you hold shares and request they don’t lend out shares you carry with them. If they refuse - you can put in a standing open “limit” sell order at some really high price like $2000 that just stays open vs closes at end of trading day. This simple action I believe prevents them from including your shares in the pool to lend out.

if there are enough of shareholders who do this with enough shares - it can make a difference. Consider doing this.

As somebody who has lent shares previously, and since retracted my shares (my context is specifically Fidelity, but I believe it generalizes to all brokers), share lending arises in a couple of ways.

1) In a margin account, you own less than all of your shares. I.e. - some of your owned shares are due to money you've borrowed from your broker. In this case, part of your margin agreement includes the broker's right to lend your shares out.
-- solution. Add cash so you're not owning shares on margin.

2) You own your shares outright (whether in a margin account or not), and work with the broker to make your shares available to be lent. At Fidelity, that org is called Fidelity Capital Management or something like that, and they either contact you to ask about whether you'd like to / be willing to lend your shares out, or you call them and ask for an invitation. I had to do a fair bit of digging to figure out who I talk to and ask to be invited. When I decided to stop lending my shares, I called them again and asked to get my shares returned and be removed from the list.

Brokers won't simply lend your shares out just because they feel like it. That's not part of your basic brokerage agreement.

If you're buying TSLA shares on margin, then as part of owning shares on margin, you also agreed that your broker can lend them out (and your broker gets all of the lending fee and you get none).

Rogan discusses Cybertruck

Anyone else feel Matt Farah is short Tesla? Haha he seems to have the Elon Musk Fraud conspiracy down,
Seems pretty ignorant. Cybertruck reservations are not material for Tesla. Farah seems to have very little understanding of business. Ford and VW take reservations, as well as Porsche, is that fraud? Kickstarter? It’s only fraud if you never deliver. Maybe has to do with the nature of things Elon works on, which many people says are impossible. If you told me in 2012 an electric car startup would meet this level of success I would be skeptical too. Elon has proven he is something like the Michael Jordan of entrepreneurs.