Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a chance for a double feature tomorrow: “Battle for 350”, and the even more popular sequel, “Battle for 360”.

giphy (12).gif

I would be more excited about the nice TSLA share price action we've seen building the last two days than any "rumor" the blogger has for his "$18 patron supporters". It looks like TSLA is at the beginning of a potentially rip-snorting bull run. I suspect there are some long-standing shorts that figure it's a bad idea to try to ride out their position through the end of Q4. Who knows how good it might get.

This could be amazing!
Some of them have bets on bad Q1 and might still wait out.

There’s a chance for a double feature tomorrow: “Battle for 350”, and the even more popular sequel, “Battle for 360”.
I'm fed up with these, I want to be done and over with 360.

I'd take the high road and label it "We Tried So Hard To Warn You!" ;)

I think my max "acceptable rubbing it in" level would be "How's That Blocklist Working Out For You?"
@KarenRei
i'm not so sure if mine is "acceptable"
BUT I'm congratulating Lawrence Fossi. aka Montana Skeptic on his "retirement" at a youthful age, how he could have almost doubled the money he collected for Skaboooooshska IF he had put it in Tesla back on May 29th when it was $190/share, how he has lots of free time at a relatively young age of retirement and is "free" to write for Seeking Alpha, how I will buy him a drink of "Napoleon Brandy" (i'm serious) when TSLA passes $5,000/share in a few short years (split adjusted if necessary), [[which he will need]] and how the shorts are following the graph Charles Minard made of Napoleon's disasterous 1812 march to Moscow and back when he turned an army of 422,000 into 10,000, wondering where they are (probably just leaving Kowno and not at Smolensk yet):):):):):cool:
edit:
hopefully Montana will "gift me" one of his 'famous drinking mugs'
edit:
unbroken
edit:
Lead free glaze!
:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

Last edited:
Thanks! 163 wasn't posted yet so I was just getting ahead of myself. Patience, must I learn.

Technically it was, in PACER, the source system, but nobody had updated CourtListener yet. So when I went in to PACER to download 161 and 162 it got updated, then I downloaded 163 which made it available for all.

(If you have the CourtListener extension installed in Chrome it automatically picks up everything you do in PACER and makes it available publically for free.)

Macro wise, there's a persistent Trump headwind. The Gina trade war is increasingly looking less like a well thought out strategy to get an election win, but a random spasmodic tantrum thrown by him.

Technical wise. I'd say the Repo-Calypse. It is something complicated so the mass media ain't talking about it. This makes it deadly. It reminds me of the lockup of liquidity that happened in 2008. Except this time, we have the FED with infinity liquidity provisional capability without having to go to congress and beg, thus saving valuable time and injecting cash before some entity has to go belly-up. In reality, based on the amount that is injected already, 2 or 3 institutions are already dead-man-walking. Dec 31 will bring in the second wave.

Also, all the different gov EV credit expiration. The last time it happened, this forum collectively thought it'd be a non-issue. I've wizened up since then. Sure, it won't be an issue, but doesn't mean TSLA won't be affected.

I am still keeping my core stocks. 1/3 in speculative stocks (Majority TSLA), 1/3 cash generation, 1/3 as a hedge against more money printing. However, I am letting excessive cash generated from all my endeavors accumulate instead of reinvesting or spending.

Curious, and only if you do not mind sharing. What are your favourite for the hedge against money printing? cash generation? I am somewhat worried about the propping up of the economy, but truthfully have been for years so even if something happens, I can't time it.

According to the post you are quoting, "Woods says that Ark believes that in 2024 (i.e. for their 5-year forecast) total EV sales will be 37M units."

5 years is 60 months from now, the end of 2024, not the beginning. I see lots of posters using your 48-month number incorrectly.

To achieve 37 million units in the 2024 calendar year, they will need to be much higher than 37 million annual run rate at the end of 2024 (60 months form now) if they aren't at a 37 million run rate at the start of 2024 (48 months from now).

For example if the industry manages to be at a 25 million run rate at the start of 2024 (highly unlikely in my view), then the industry would have to increase to roughly a 50 million annual run rate by the end of 2024 (even more unlikely) to achieve something like ~37 million units shipped over the 2024 calendar year (eg quarterly shipments of Q1:6m + Q2:8m + Q3:10m + Q4:13m = 37 million shipments and a 52 million annual run rate at year end)

Curious, and only if you do not mind sharing. What are your favourite for the hedge against money printing? cash generation? I am somewhat worried about the propping up of the economy, but truthfully have been for years so even if something happens, I can't time it.

Own real assets. Like companies that produce things people need. You know, stocks. :cool:

I get so tired of the sky is going to fall - it's just more fear to scare people into acting against their best interests. Yes, there will always be bumps in the road and some are bigger than others. But you can't live your life worrying about money if the world is ending. Because you will have bigger concerns if it ever gets to that point.